C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2003 c230 fog lamp bulb replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 c230 fog lamp bulb replacement

has anyone changed out the bulbs on their foglamps? how did you get to the bulb? i am aware of the lighting faq but that offered no help.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Do a search, and look for a post by Young. I think that HE posted some very good instructions for doing it at some point.

Last edited by tommy; 08-06-2002 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:18 AM

i got this from the search

On the driver's side, you must replace the bulb from under the car. There is a panel just below the light. There is a seam between that panel and the one under the engine. Remove the screw between these two panels and fish your hand up through the crack (no need to remove the panels). You should feel the back of the bulb and.... Good luck!

however i think i will have to jack the car up a little, i am not sure which panel is the right panel to try and unscrew when i looked yesterday there is only one bolt underneath the driver side fog light area and it didnt look like the right one, there where some push pin plastic things holding this black plastic cover on i thought this was the right panel but after taking the pins out i still could not get it off or loose enough to slide anything between it. just out of curiousity does anyone have a picture of the piece i am trying to slide my hand between?
Old 08-06-2002, 10:28 AM

'02 C230K Coupe
I posted this on another thread:

The method described in the lighting FAQ is if you want to remove and replace the least number of screws from your car.

I tried his method, but it was too difficult, so I actually had to remove most of the underbody panels before I could reach it comfortably enough.

If you jack up one of the front tire to the point the rubber leaves the ground, you notice that towards the front of the inside tire well there are 3 screws. Remove those, and then search under your car for where the underbody panel continues and attaches to the frame. After you unscrew those, that opens up a very wide gap in which you can easily reach the back of the fog lamps. Remember, the screws in the wheel well and the underside can only be reached when the jack is used, so make sure your car is on level ground and you feel comfortable going under the car before attempting this!
Old 08-06-2002, 10:35 AM

hey thanks! my friend has a jack and a nice huge driveway, i think ill try this after work.
Old 08-06-2002, 02:24 PM

GOOD NEWS

hey guys, just made an appointment at my dealer to replace the fog light bulbs with the ones i ordered... price 32.00 and up to a 1 hour wait. that is worth it to me. i would rather sit and watch cable while they mess around with those damn lights, just letting you guys know in case you dont want to get dirty either.. lol... plus its just a pain.... i did change my low beams by myself, waiting on part to come in for the city lights and high beams.

place i called for service is R&H mercedes in MD 410-363-3900

they said they can get me done tonight!! woohoo!! same day service i like that, dont buy a car there though, i was going through the purchasing process and my sales guy quit, didnt hear anything from them for like 2 weeks, when i called to find out what happened they told me he quit. lol so i bought my car at Mercedes of Annapolis and the sales guy was great.
Old 08-06-2002, 02:43 PM

well, good to hear you had a nice experience with them. i was a little pissed though.. imagine you waiting to hear from your salesman, your all excited, he just told you he had your car and it would be there soon. then 2 weeks go by. not a word, not a call, then come to find out the guy quit and no one picked up his customers?? what the hell kind of crap is that? just left me hanging... so i took my busniess and my 30+k down the road. lol I just dont think they handled the situation at all like they should have. I talked with the manager of the sales team, he was friendly and seemed knowledgable, however his people skills need some work.. i am not upset anymore, i am going back tonight to see how their service department handles their customers. hope they dont disappoint me.. again... heh...
Old 08-06-2002, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by tommy
Do a search, and look for a post by Young. I think that she posted some very good instructions for doing it at some point.
Young is a she?????
Old 08-06-2002, 04:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Gotta nip this one in the bud - no, Young's a guy. Thought I'd slip that pronoun in to see if anyone noticed. So, no one has to post any requests of Young in a g-string, OK?

Silver - ****** was on last night, and it made me think of your sig. That's a great movie.
Old 08-07-2002, 04:16 PM

Finally finished replacing all the lights, here is what i learned, some of this is repeat info but just thought i would post it so peole could find it.

fog lights 9006 55w
low beams H7 55w
high beams H7 55w
city lights bulb type 194 5w

if you have a 2003 model and want to replace fog lights you are going to have to take it to the dealer they changed the underbody panels and you can no longer change these bubls unless you jack up the car and pull the entire front underside piece off.

i got mine here, cheap and easy and looks GREAT!!!

http://www.midnightmoose.com/xenon.htm