C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

NOOB....Can't wait!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 C230K SS
Here's some pictures....No marks to the tires!!!

Hope this helps guys!!! I honestly think it's rubbing on the fender. Look at the last picture. This is the left fender. The right side looks already rounded or rolled. The left has a rolled bit and a flat spot but no damage done to the outside.

Thanks Again (specially to Drex for all your help)!!!

Al
Old 03-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
From those pics alone, I'm not really positive, but on the last pic it looks like you could stand to have the fenders trimmed down. The only thing is I can't tell if it's rubbing on the outer top portion of the tire or not (and the only way to get a clearer indication is to take pics of the entire width of the tire - take a pic of the tire from underneath the rear bumper, pointing the camera at the entire camera). It's really tough because evaluating rubbing is MUCH easier when you see/hear it in person. Unfortunately, we can't hear or see it in person. There may be some members in Florida that could take a look at it though.

Also, one thing that has prevented rubbing for me in the past is the type of shocks I used. Preventing body lean will help in avoiding rubbing because there are less angles that the inside portion of the fender can travel to come in contact with the tire. Every time I switched to coilovers or had new shocks, rubbing was never an issue for me (but that's just my experience and coilovers w/ adjustable dampening may not be an option for you).

Sorry, I can't really help more than that. Try having your rear fenders trimmed a little more and go from there.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:19 PM

'04 C230K SS
Yeah!!! I will eventually I will get the coil-overs. I honestly think it's rubbing with the fender since it looks bent inwards or rolled. I have plenty of room on the inside of the tire throughout. I can sitck my fingers through all the circumference of the tire. I have a friend calling a friend of his that does bodywork. I'm ussually pretty good troubleshooting stuff like this but this one has DEFINITELY kicked me in the rear since I don't know how the inside fender of a MB should look like. Hopefully I'll get to the bottom of it shortly.

Thanks Again/Al

BTW....I think the reason why it's not leaving any marks/scars on the tires is becaused the fenders look rolled/folded and it's hitting that fold square on the side.

Last edited by aecasasus; 03-20-2006 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by aecasasus
Yeah!!! I will eventually I will get the coil-overs. I honestly think it's rubbing with the fender since it looks bent inwards or rolled. I have plenty of room on the inside of the tire throughout. I can sitck my fingers through all the circumference of the tire. I have a friend calling a friend of his that does bodywork. I'm ussually pretty good troubleshooting stuff like this but this one has DEFINITELY kicked me in the rear since I don't know how the inside fender of a MB should look like. Hopefully I'll get to the bottom of it shortly.

Thanks Again/Al
If your "hookup" can't do it no charge, there are a lot of performance rims/tires shops that'll do it for a small fee also. I hated DIY of rolling my own fenders on my MX-6. I tried the baseball bat technique and it didn't come out that great (and still rubbed) and eventually, the shop I got my rims from at the time, trimmed my rear fenders for me.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:34 PM

'04 C230K SS
Thanks Drex.... I'm open for suggestions (like that bat deal) on how to. I'm willing to give it a try before spending the money. If it's too hard or compromising for me to do then I'll take it to the experts.

Thanks again/Al