C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sprint Booster - Car behaving like a monster and hungry for speed

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 c300 4matic, 2002 c240
this whole thread has spam written on it. the more i read about, the more i think it is a waste of money.

instead, send me $300 and i'll send you a fan, that in 5 minutes, attaches to the back of your muffler, helps suck out the exhaust, given the car a nice boost. additionally, the fan looks cool and ppl are like 'hey, look that the fan on that dumbass' car. i want one too'.

if you buy now, i'll give you a no obligation 1 month free to try (i'll even pay shipping both ways). remember this comes with a one yr warranty (extended warranty available up to 3 yrs!)
Old 04-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 C280 4Matic
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
the instructions were in the part I quoted, it was pulled from the thread that this one linked at the beginning.

1: turn key to "on" (not to "start," you do not want it running)
2: push pedal all the way to the floor and hold it there
3: wait 5 seconds
4: turn key to "off" while still holding pedal
5: release pedal, wait approx 2 minutes

I just did it when I put gas in the car and will probably go through this routine every time I refill. It only takes a few seconds to perform and, by the time you're done filling up the two minutes should have passed.

Anybody here try this? If you have, does it help at all?
Old 04-21-2006, 11:02 PM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
Originally Posted by seahunter
Anybody here try this? If you have, does it help at all?
yes, please let's get some more people trying this. I want to know if the effects were real or just placebo.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
So are you saying that you are advertising for them since you got a freebie?
It is not a freebie as I say, I got to try it. You like it, you pay for it and if you don't, no obligation. The local installer offered me to try it since I have doubts...I paid US$240 after trying it..

Go and check the bimmer threads, there is more than 150 posts on this device and the bimmers owners are going crazy with this booster..they love it

I am not affiliated to this spring booster,neither am I promoting..I am just telling you how it feels since I have the device in my vehicle. If it is BS, then I will tell you not to get it.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:01 AM

slkfans-

Are u located in Hong Kong? Cause I am in Hong Kong now for my vacation and I will love to get one here in Hong Kong for my C320. Can you recommend me a shop where I can buy the Sprint Booster. And it will be great if they have it in stock.

Nico
Old 04-22-2006, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by carlssoncclass
Are u located in Hong Kong? Cause I am in Hong Kong now for my vacation and I will love to get one here in Hong Kong for my C320. Can you recommend me a shop where I can buy the Sprint Booster. And it will be great if they have it in stock.

Nico
Nico,

I am not based in HK...I know there is a dealer in HK..

INVO AUTOTEC CO LTD
G/F., KUN HING INDUSTRIAL BUILDING
93 WAI YIP STREET
KWUN TONG
KOWLOON
HONG KONG
TEL: (852)27838782
FAX: (852)27826827

This was taken from their website....good luck !
Old 04-22-2006, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 C230K SS
I got a hold of the Dealer(Boulekos Dynamics) and they informed me that there's NO dealer/distributor in the US yet. The're working with a couple of companies here in the US and they said that they will have a distributor set in the next couple of month. The only way of getting these is through them and they cost 226 euros + shipping (19% VAT which is includes). I think I'm going to jump and get one through them since it seems like it's the only way.

Hope this helps!!!

Al
Old 04-28-2006, 10:17 AM

'04 C230K SS
For those of you guys that have friends that own some of these....Any Updates? Where in the US did they buy? I'm still waiting for a brave one to guide me to a US source.

Anyone want's to share?
Old 04-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by aecasasus
I got a hold of the Dealer(Boulekos Dynamics) and they informed me that there's NO dealer/distributor in the US yet. The're working with a couple of companies here in the US and they said that they will have a distributor set in the next couple of month. The only way of getting these is through them and they cost 226 euros + shipping (19% VAT which is includes). I think I'm going to jump and get one through them since it seems like it's the only way.

Hope this helps!!!

Al
Checkwith customs. Normally when you export/import something there is a reimbursement of the VAT once the necessary paperwork has been stamped off by customs.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:02 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 C32 AMG & Sold: Mazda RX-8
Originally Posted by slkfans
Go and check the bimmer threads, there is more than 150 posts on this device and the bimmers owners are going crazy with this booster..they love it
Can you please inform me of which BMW forum/s I will find these 150 posts? I have tried searching in 3 different BMW forums and I can't find anything on this topic......
Old 04-30-2006, 06:42 AM

I will be heading to San Francisco in late May...Probably those who are keen, I might be able to get it for you....
Old 05-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Almost a Member!

SLKFAN,

umm.... can you please elaborate on these posts where BMW owners are raving on about Sprint Boosters please.

By the way, where are you located?
Old 05-02-2006, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by OZC32AMG
SLKFAN,

umm.... can you please elaborate on these posts where BMW owners are raving on about Sprint Boosters please.

By the way, where are you located?
Hi OZC32AMG,

There are a total of 300 discussion threads on this sprint booster at the Bimmer forums. Like I said, I don't believe it until I tried it and today I love this device...

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/engine-...dy-device.html

I am based in Singapore
Old 05-03-2006, 02:58 AM
Almost a Member!

Thank you SLKFANS, I read them and really appreciate you passing that on!

I contacted Colin Chow from Eurohaus in Singapore who put me onto the Australian distributor in Sydney and I purchased one today!

It has made this vehicle into what I wanted it to be - very responsive from take-off and does not hesitate to kickdown to a lower gear like before where it would stop and think about it and then not kickdown!

The best money I have ever spent on a modification on any of my cars ever!
Old 05-03-2006, 03:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified

I contacted Colin Chow from Eurohaus in Singapore who put me onto the Australian distributor in Sydney and I purchased one today!

It has made this vehicle into what I wanted it to be - very responsive from take-off and does not hesitate to kickdown to a lower gear like before where it would stop and think about it and then not kickdown!

I take it that you never drove an E55.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:46 AM

No worries OZC32AMG, I am glad you like it...It is awesome how this device makes the car so responsive....At least, I am not making up any stories about the wonders of this gadget... I am enjoying every moves when my car starts to throttle, it is like having a well tune ecu in your vehicle....

Happy driving !
Old 05-03-2006, 03:55 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by benzmodz
I take it that you never drove an E55.
I take it that you have never owned an AMG.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
I take it that you have never owned an AMG.
If I owned an AMG I wouldnt be putting $10 gadgets on it. How much you paid is another story.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:36 AM
Almost a Member!

If I owned an AMG I wouldnt be putting $10 gadgets on it. How much you paid is another story.
The mods I carry out are those to improve driving performance. Regardless of cost (as you have no clue!) it is the driving response gained from these mods that satisfy me.

If a person cannot share this with the public, then what is this world that we live in?
Old 05-03-2006, 07:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
The mods I carry out are those to improve driving performance. Regardless of cost (as you have no clue!) it is the driving response gained from these mods that satisfy me.

If a person cannot share this with the public, then what is this world that we live in?
First class technology

No photos, no dyno, 0-100 (0-60mph) times nothing. So you spread the myth like it actually means something.

(we are having the same conversation in the Australian club too)
Old 05-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Almost a Member!

It is idiots like you who spoil things for everyone!

I come to this forum, and the Australian one too, to share my experience of a worthy performance modification (I am from an automotive and mechanical engineer past) only to cop abuse from some arrogant twit who can only accuse me of Bull ****.

It is idiots like you who make this a real sad world!

Some of us don't need justification to purchase a mod. I did my own research (without the things you are requesting) I tried before I purchased and I am very happy of the outcome.

If you refuse to believe me that is fine, but do not try to drag me down to your pittiful low life being!

And what exactly do you gain from your statements? Satisfaction? of what Kind? You advertise your business doing Mods for MB's here in Australia? Who in their right mind would deal with you given the way you conduct yourself here on this and the other forum?
Old 05-03-2006, 08:30 AM

2010 C300
First class technology

No photos, no dyno, 0-100 (0-60mph) times nothing. So you spread the myth like it actually means something.

(we are having the same conversation in the Australian club too)

It's my understanding all this part does is increase the throttle response - not add power. So there's no reason for dyno's, 0-60's, 1/4 miles, etc. It's how the car feels when you drive it - so all you're going to get is people's opinion. And there are photo's on the link... I'm guessing that's what it is?

Anyway - I'm not saying it works, and I'm definitely not buying one... but to base your BS call on them not having a dyno... that's just
Old 05-03-2006, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by HoustonC230
It's my understanding all this part does is increase the throttle response - not add power. So there's no reason for dyno's, 0-60's, 1/4 miles, etc. It's how the car feels when you drive it - so all you're going to get is people's opinion. And there are photo's on the link... I'm guessing that's what it is?

Anyway - I'm not saying it works, and I'm definitely not buying one... but to base your BS call on them not having a dyno... that's just
So what you are saying is that it does nothing but make people post on forums.

OZC32AMG wont show me a photo of it installed. It sounds like hype-ware.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:56 AM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
It is idiots like you who spoil things for everyone!

I come to this forum, and the Australian one too, to share my experience of a worthy performance modification (I am from an automotive and mechanical engineer past) only to cop abuse from some arrogant twit who can only accuse me of Bull ****.

It is idiots like you who make this a real sad world!

Some of us don't need justification to purchase a mod. I did my own research (without the things you are requesting) I tried before I purchased and I am very happy of the outcome.

If you refuse to believe me that is fine, but do not try to drag me down to your pittiful low life being!

And what exactly do you gain from your statements? Satisfaction? of what Kind? You advertise your business doing Mods for MB's here in Australia? Who in their right mind would deal with you given the way you conduct yourself here on this and the other forum?
this guy's style of writing seems very familiar to slkfan's. that's the thing that I have been picking up on this entire time- style of writing. It realy seems to me, particularly because of some of the phrases they keep repeating and the points they keep making, that they are salesmen trying to get us to buy their product.

I call

edit:
looking at some of this guy's other posts, they seem to have more 'natural' language. Some of the things in this thread seem more forced. Why the difference? I don't know yet.

edit II:
upon further reflection, I'm not sure if I'm prepared to make this accusation just yet. Still, something sounds amiss.

Last edited by b3d_sage; 05-03-2006 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:07 AM

'04 C230K SS
Originally Posted by HoustonC230

By it giving you instant response to the throttle.....Wouldn't it improve in 1/4 mile and 0-60mph timing?

I think it will but like said before....No dealer/distributor of any kind in the US nor times posted. No pictures of it installed either. I'm not doubting that this module might do what they say it does, but I'm actually doubting on some of the posts here saying that they have or have tried it. They can't reference anyone selling it in the US and I really doubt everyone (from BMW forum)are sending money (just like that) out of the Country to buy one.

Then again....Any contacts/dealer/distributor/person selling these in the US?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - Car behaving like a monster and hungry for speed