C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Dallas Meet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300
Thanks for the info MBSvcAdv. Seem like it will be fun...at the current time in my life, I've got too much going on to be able to spend the whole weekend...maybe later on this summer. Keep us updated with more events that come about...

As for the 22nd...has anyone thought about the suggestions given out? MBSvcAdv, please throw out suggestions that will help us out, or how to reach more people.

Cant wait to have a Dallas meet...
Old 04-07-2006, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by bnzct
I'll come. Pick a date & place
Hmm....how's this for a suggestion:

1.) Meet at Shops at Legacy (Tollway & Legacy) Great restaurants and shops there we can meet. THEY HAVE A CIGAR SHOP THERE. Woot.

2.) Have lunch at FOX SPORTS BAR/GRILL (awesome food/beer)

3.) Go for a drive somewhere scenic?

Any takers?
Old 04-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 MB
What kind of "drive" are we talking about? If anyone is interested in a nice paced drive, I have a couple that would take us up to Sherman, takes a little over an hour back roads, nice selection of straights, twisties, elevation changes, etc... Then we just come back down 75 to Plano / Dallas ( 45 mins )

Let me ask this of everyone:

Which day is better Saturdays or Sundays?
What time of day is better? Mornings / Afternoons / Evenings
How long of a " drive" would you be interested in going on? 2hr,4hr,12hr+

In regards to GTG's How about I invite everyone to come out this coming Monday night to Two Rows in North Dallas, off the Dallas North Tollway and Trinity Mills ( Southbound side )at 7:30pm So far, we usually have between 4-6 different cars show up ( Audi S4 / Ultra Sport, Range Rover Sport, Porsche x50, MB R-class, Lotus Elise, Subie, etc.. ) I'd like to put some faces to names and it'd be a good chance to talk about a larger meet in the future... < shrug > I'll be there no matter what, as will some of the NTAG members.

They have good pizza ( dicounts on Monday nights ) good beer, great root beer, etc...

Drop me a note if you are coming so I can get a table for enough people...

Sorry if I am jumping too far in, I just want to help out.

Steve
Old 04-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 MB
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TA-9FF

1.) Meet at Shops at Legacy (Tollway & Legacy) Great restaurants and shops there we can meet. THEY HAVE A CIGAR SHOP THERE. Woot.

Any takers?
1. Yes.
2. Yes!
3. Yes!
Old 04-07-2006, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by MBSvcAdv
1. Yes.
2. Yes!
3. Yes!
Haha....yeah I saw that Fox Sports Grill just opened up at the Shops of Legacy, so it should be pretty fun. If anyone wanted to pick up some smokes coffee, dessert, or whatever else, its available to us as well at the Shops.

I think it'll be a good spot to meet for the 22-23 weekend!!!! If anyone else is interested or has other suggestions, we should get a list going for who's all going to show up?
Old 04-07-2006, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Talking

What kind of "drive" are we talking about? If anyone is interested in a nice paced drive, I have a couple that would take us up to Sherman, takes a little over an hour back roads, nice selection of straights, twisties, elevation changes, etc... Then we just come back down 75 to Plano / Dallas ( 45 mins )

Let me ask this of everyone:

In regards to GTG's How about I invite everyone to come out this coming Monday night to Two Rows in North Dallas, off the Dallas North Tollway and Trinity Mills ( Southbound side )at 7:30pm So far, we usually have between 4-6 different cars show up ( Audi S4 / Ultra Sport, Range Rover Sport, Porsche x50, MB R-class, Lotus Elise, Subie, etc.. ) I'd like to put some faces to names and it'd be a good chance to talk about a larger meet in the future... < shrug > I'll be there no matter what, as will some of the NTAG members.

They have good pizza ( dicounts on Monday nights ) good beer, great root beer, etc...

Drop me a note if you are coming so I can get a table for enough people...

Sorry if I am jumping too far in, I just want to help out.

Steve
I was probably thinking no more than 1-2 hours drive max. GAS IS EXPENSIVE haha. I wanted to get a Dallas meet going mostly to get to know other W203 MBWorld members, and to have a little community of us going. Porsche and Ferrari members have their own little clubs, why can't we? It'll be fun to meet everyone, see different mods on what members have on their cars, and eat/drink/drive<--------not in any particular order, and remember, NO DRUNK DRIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 MB
Talking

I was probably thinking no more than 1-2 hours drive max. GAS IS EXPENSIVE haha. I wanted to get a Dallas meet going mostly to get to know other W203 MBWorld members, and to have a little community of us going. Porsche and Ferrari members have their own little clubs, why can't we? It'll be fun to meet everyone, see different mods on what members have on their cars, and eat/drink/drive<--------not in any particular order, and remember, NO DRUNK DRIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha.

So, anyone interested in comeing out this Monday? An informal 1st GTG - put some faces to names?

S
Old 04-08-2006, 12:23 AM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
heck yeah guys, sign me up! I don't know how long I will be able to stay, I'm taking 20 credit hours this semester. 22-23 is just about the only weekend that I will have a bit of free time, though, so it sounds good.

Monday definitely a no-go for me. I have class from 9:30am to 8:30pm on mondays! Ouch! And, this week I'm going to have 4 exams, 2 quizzes, and a paper due. I'm never taking 20 hours again.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
So, anyone interested in comeing out this Monday? An informal 1st GTG - put some faces to names?

S
Yeah I can't do Monday's either. Weekends are usually the best times for me.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:19 AM

'11 GL450

Any takers?
Sounds good to me! Can't wait.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:22 AM

'11 GL450

1. Sat
2. Mornings/Afternoons
3. An hr or 2 max.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:02 PM

2010 C300
Originally Posted by alphaforcex
1. Sat
2. Mornings/Afternoons
3. An hr or 2 max.

Same with me...Saturdays, morning/afternoon, for a couple of hours...are the best.

However I will be there on Monday at Two Rows...save a seat for me!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C300
My vote is for Saturday - and keeping the drive at an hour or two max. Some of us are coming in from Houston, so we'll already have 3.5 hours worth of driving in.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:43 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
I've been lurking around this thread since it was started, mainly to see if anything will come of it. I put together two MBWorld GTG's in 2002 and 2003 (the last at Texas Motor Speedway on one of their Drive for Charity nights). Anyway, attendance at both were sparse, as we are all busy.

Sounds like this one will fly forward though, so that's good.

I'd suggest having 2 hours when (and whereever) you first meet, to allow people to arrive over a period or time (they will), and also to allow time for people to introduce themselves and discuss the cars, etc. Then plan the rest of the meet as you want.

I will plan to join you if it's a Saturday afternoon meet. Sat mornings are for my golf game.

Good to see this one is working out.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Setting a finalized time/place

Originally Posted by HoustonC230
My vote is for Saturday - and keeping the drive at an hour or two max. Some of us are coming in from Houston, so we'll already have 3.5 hours worth of driving in.
It seems that Saturday, April 22nd during the afternoon is going to work the best for everyone. So shall we set the date/time/place for:

1.) Sat, April 22nd
2.) 1-2pm?
3.) Fox Sports Grill (Tollway and Legacy)

I figured 1pm would be a good time to get some lunch, as well as give some time for our Houston or out of town buddies time to get to Dallas.....as well as give MB-BOB time to finish his golf game!

Please let me know if you guys want this as a finalized date and time.

Thanks!!!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 02:22 PM

2010 C300
1 sounds good...gives me time to wash the car in the morning...
See yall there...
Old 04-10-2006, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C300
It seems that Saturday, April 22nd during the afternoon is going to work the best for everyone. So shall we set the date/time/place for:

1.) Sat, April 22nd
2.) 1-2pm?

I figured 1pm would be a good time to get some lunch, as well as give some time for our Houston or out of town buddies time to get to Dallas.....as well as give MB-BOB time to finish his golf game!

Thanks!!!!!
That looks good to me. And way to go guys... since this came up I decided I needed to add a little something to the car before people see it... so I broke down and bought coilovers today. Should be installed by the 22nd (keeping fingers crossed).
Old 04-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 MB
And for those of you local people, you can come out to Two Rows tonight, off Dallas North Tollway 7:30p

:-)

Steve
Old 04-10-2006, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by HoustonC230
That looks good to me. And way to go guys... since this came up I decided I needed to add a little something to the car before people see it... so I broke down and bought coilovers today. Should be installed by the 22nd (keeping fingers crossed).
yeah my car isn't going to look too great... poor thing has had a bad month, got gently rear ended and then caught the front bumper on a parking stop.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage

1.) Sat, April 22nd
2.) 1-2pm?

Thanks!!!!!
This works for me. Good time, good place. I'll plan to be there. Hope others can make it.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:01 PM

1.) Sat, April 22nd
2.) 1-2pm?
I'll be there!
How many hot 18 year old college girls starved for testosterone should I bring with me?
Old 04-10-2006, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
I'll be there!
How many hot 18 year old college girls starved for testosterone should I bring with me?
lol.........the more the merrier.......
Old 04-10-2006, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels

Hey Guys,

I'm planning to make reservations at Fox Sports Grill for our event, so we will be able to all sit together as a group when everyone shows up. (And avoid wasting time waiting for tables) Before I do, I need to know how many of us are going to be there so I can have a general idea of how many spots we'll need to reserve. For those of you bringing extra guests, put their names next to yours. I want to make this event easier for everyone, so there won't be so much confusion and/or lack of organization when we all arrive. Anyone who wants to join us is invited! Family, friends, significant others!

A little preview of where we'll be meeting:
1.) http://www.foxsportsgrill.com/default.aspx
2.) http://www.shopsatlegacy.com/

I'll start by putting my name first on the list. I appreciate this guys, and let's make this a fun event!!!!

1.) Cameron

Last edited by TA-9FF; 04-10-2006 at 08:40 PM. Reason: More information
Old 04-10-2006, 09:50 PM

2. David
3. (hot girl)
4. (hot girl)

there is an interesting pheonomenon that occurs at this school called "TWU goggles" which is even more effective at making guys look attractive than the infamous "beer goggles" and doesn't include any of the associated risks either!

but yeah, I'm not really sure if I'll be bringing anyone or not. So, right now, let's assume not.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:54 PM

'11 GL450
1. Cameron
2. David
3. (Hot girl)
4. (Hot girl)
5. Ricky

My car is basically bone stock but I'm really interested in checking out Timsam's car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dallas Meet?