C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Aftermarket Strut Size questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
Aftermarket Strut Size questions

After doing research, it's obvious that if I wanted to get the Tein Coilovers, I would have to use a spacer to prevent rubbing. Since I do not want to get spacers under any circumstance, that setup is now out of the question. The space between the strut and back of wheel right now is approximately less than a CM...more like 2/3 of a CM. The only choice I am left with, is finding an aftermarket strut(such as koni's) that is same size in diameter as the OEM strut, and then pairing that with an aftermarket spring (such as eibach or H&R). I am assuming that even with H&R coilovers I would still endup with rubbing. Got any ideas guys? I was contemplating going with the H&R Cup Kit but no one has been able to tell me if the strut is same size as OEM strut or close. The installer said that worst case scenario I could swap out to aftermarket springs and leave the stock struts, but from what I have read, that combination is not a good ride. Can anyone who has gotten cupkit tell me if there is a size difference in struts? Sigh.... any ideas you guys want to throw my way?
Thanks
Electro
Old 03-30-2006, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom

Anyone?