C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

06 c230 sport sedan upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 c230 sport sedan upgrades

I'm new to this forum and have been looking for some upgrades to my car. I barely started to look around and dont know much about body kit models and such so I was wondering if someone can tell me what the latest body kits are for my car and/or anything to increase my horsepower, from chips to exhaust. My c230 sport sedan is stock, so i'm debating on what to upgrade first. Any tips and help are appreciated. Also, i noticed people talking about w202 and w203, dont know what they stand for, what is my car considered?

ive used the search button several times but i never seem to find anything for my car, maybe i have bad searching skills. I also see somthing about
M271?? Can anyone fill me in on all this lingo?

thanks..
andy
Old 04-09-2006, 10:30 PM

'14 CLA 45
Originally Posted by Casanova0713
I'm new to this forum and have been looking for some upgrades to my car. I barely started to look around and dont know much about body kit models and such so I was wondering if someone can tell me what the latest body kits are for my car and/or anything to increase my horsepower, from chips to exhaust. My c230 sport sedan is stock, so i'm debating on what to upgrade first. Any tips and help are appreciated. Also, i noticed people talking about w202 and w203, dont know what they stand for, what is my car considered?

ive used the search button several times but i never seem to find anything for my car, maybe i have bad searching skills. I also see somthing about

thanks..
andy
w203 - todays chassis of the c-class
w202 - chassis before todays one

M271 - 1.8 liter engine
M111 - 2.3 liter engine (i think)

all your answers you can find in the search option. use the advanced search to increase hits. you have to narrow done the search to only the w203 forum (preferably the non AMG one)

check sponsors on this site https://mbworld.org/forums/adindex.php

hope this helps.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:07 PM

I was checking out evosport.com...and i used the filter to see mercedes c-class (w203) 2000+...does that mean that im am only viewing c230 2006 sport parts? or all c-class parts?? will a c230 Kompresser chip fit on a c230 sport?

and also, i see under applications it says "All v6 1998+" does that mean itll fit my 06 v6 sport?

Last edited by Casanova0713; 04-09-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't imagine that there's anything available for your engine or will be for years. It takes the MB aftermarket at least 1-2 years to come out with anything and even then, most of it is no good.

You'll have to go with generic aftermarket goodies like NO2, smaller/lighter wheels, remove everything from your car you don't need, seats (replace the drivers seat with a lightweight composite, the rest throw away), spare tire, carpet, headliner, airbags, jack, tools, anything that is not used to propel the car should be considered for removal. You can also replace the hood with carbon fiber. You may have to remove the front brakes to fit the smaller 15" nascar type wheels. I think you can get up to the performance of the C280 if you do this and most of it is free.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:33 PM

damn I dont think im that desperate haha
Old 04-09-2006, 11:50 PM

2000 CLK 430 Coupe
I'm new to this forum and have been looking for some upgrades to my car. I barely started to look around and dont know much about body kit models and such so I was wondering if someone can tell me what the latest body kits are for my car and/or anything to increase my horsepower, from chips to exhaust. My c230 sport sedan is stock, so i'm debating on what to upgrade first. Any tips and help are appreciated.

thanks..
andy
This may not be the answer you are looking for, but please consider leaving the car stock. It is very rare that a modification is at once effective, reversible, without compromise, and cost efficient at the same time. Chip and exhaust tuning on a normally aspirated (as opposed to turbo or supercharged) car have very little real effect on performance and cost a pretty penny. Even if you do find something effective, after a while you wouldn't notice it any more.

IMHO, your car is very well sorted out straight from the factory: decent power, sporty handling with a creamy ride, fantastic looks inside and out, and if it matters to you, the three point star factor. You'll find varying opinions here, but I personally don't think you'll find a better looking body kit for a W203 than the what the sport models (such as yours) already come with. In fact, your car comes with many upgrades (wheels, tires, lowered suspension, exhaust finisher, and that body package) that would have cost thousands on earlier model W203s.

Bottom line, it is already a sweet car. I say, enjoy it as is.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

e harmon
Old 04-09-2006, 11:57 PM

thats true, i guess the only thing i could do was get LIMOUSINE LORINSER EDITION KIT..i was looking at that and it looks cool
Old 04-10-2006, 01:19 AM

2006 C230 Sedan
Dont listen to them. I have the same car as you. Just read my signature and It will tell you what I have done. More on the way.Next up Chip. Or you can be like every other C and leave it stock. Your choice.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by eunosracr
Dont listen to them. I have the same car as you. Just read my signature and It will tell you what I have done. More on the way.Next up Chip. Or you can be like every other C and leave it stock. Your choice.
Unless you don't plan on waiting on or getting any other performance mods, I'd suggest waiting on that chip, eunosracr. The ecu tuning will be more beneficial with other mods (unless the place you get it from will re-flash for free when you get new performance mods). If you don't plan on doing any other performance mods, then what I'm saying doesn't hold water. Just my $.02
Old 04-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport

thanks..
andy
andy, first off, check out the AFTERMARKET/D.I.Y. thread that is stickied at the top of the page.

You'll find a thread for body kits, suspension, etc... Since you've got a 2006, the body kits will be the same fitment. The suspension is a trial/error type thing because it's a new engine that poses possible weight differences (more specifically with regard to springs only - coilovers are a different story)

m271 is the supercharged i4 (kompressor) engine. That was in the 2003-2005 models. You have the 1st gen of the v6 230 engine. I don't know the engine number, but it is a different engine than majority of the 230 K owners
Old 04-10-2006, 02:17 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by drexappeal
Unless you don't plan on waiting on or getting any other performance mods, I'd suggest waiting on that chip, eunosracr. The ecu tuning will be more beneficial with other mods (unless the place you get it from will re-flash for free when you get new performance mods). If you don't plan on doing any other performance mods, then what I'm saying doesn't hold water. Just my $.02
Drex i agree with you 110%. I dont know what else other than headers without going the crazy FI route can be done to this motor. That is why I was looking at chip next. I would be down for some headers but dont know of anyone making these. When I do get the chip I will be asking if they re-flash for the above detailed reasons. Can you think of anything else as far as engine mods that would benefit from ecu re-flash if done.

By the way Drex you car looks amazing with the new shoes. Quick question what spoilers (roof and trunk) are you running?
Old 04-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by eunosracr
Drex i agree with you 110%. I dont know what else other than headers without going the crazy FI route can be done to this motor. That is why I was looking at chip next. I would be down for some headers but dont know of anyone making these. When I do get the chip I will be asking if they re-flash for the above detailed reasons. Can you think of anything else as far as engine mods that would benefit from ecu re-flash if done.

By the way Drex you car looks amazing with the new shoes. Quick question what spoilers (roof and trunk) are you running?
Headers w/ high flow cat (although I don't think they make it for your engine yet), maybe a custom cat-back exhaust w/ bigger piping and since you currently have a NA engine, it's possible that they come out with a pulley and/or supercharger (or forced induction) in the future that will all affect the AFR (air fuel ratio), so the ECU would need to be re-tuned to gain the proper balance of upgrades. Either way, if you don't plan on waiting long for a company to start development, I think you'd be okay getting the ECU flash, but it definitely will be a good idea to ask the company if they will re-flash (no charge) when/if you get more engine mods. If they will (and some companies do), then it'll be worth it short and long term.

As for my car, thanks for the compliments! The more I look at it, the more I'm leaning to getting my body kit first before anything else (although my headers are gonna be on there before that, cuz thats already in process). Anyways, the roof spoiler is MH-Dezent (I have a thread on hear after I installed) and the trunk lid spoiler is the Carlsson CR-S (although, I found out it wasn't real during install - where I bought it from, we won't get into that. Don't want to offend anybody on here).

Either way, I like how they both look and I definitely LOVE my roof spoiler (very unique compared to any other roof spoiler out there). Good luck with the mods and keep us informed with what you end up deciding to go with.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:27 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Will do. Thanx for the prompt reply. Next step is going to be roof and trunk spoilers... stay tuned !