C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

No Child Lock in Mercedes C320-2004 model

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes c320
No Child Lock in Mercedes C320-2004 model

Hi all,

I have a C320 4matic 2004 model.

Did anyone of you know that Mercedes does NOT have a Child Lock mechanism.

What i mean is "If your child is big enough and is sitting in the back seat, he/she can open the car just by pulling the lock handle".

There is no mechism of safety that restricts or prevents the child from not opening the car from the rear accidently.

Japanese cars usually have a lever(which is called the Child Lock setting) on both sides of the rear door, which when set, will disable the person in the rear seat from opening the car.

Only someone from the outside can open the car.

And MERCEDES is called the SAFEST CAR in all regards.

Let me know if i am wrong or otherwise.

Thanks,
Cooldude.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Welcome to the forum

BTW,

That topic has been discussed on this forum before and can be found by using the search feature.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:51 PM

mercedes c320
Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
I will look it up and let you know.
Regards,
cooldude.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
i hate to pull the natural selection card here, but when i was a youngster and old enough to be out of the child seat and big enough to open the door myself, i had enough sense to know not open the door and jump out while the car was in motion. My parents instilled this sense into me at a very young age, but I think that even without that guidance the our instinct to seek pleasure and "avoid pain" would be sufficient to keep us in our seats with the doors closed.

I don't necessarily think that child saftey locks are a bad idea, but I don't think that a cars lack thereof warrants an attack on the cars overall safety. I would heavily weigh features dealing with the cars reaction to impact to rate overall safety.

IMHO
Old 04-15-2006, 06:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C320 Coupe MT
There is a child lock function, it's just smarter than a stupid switch in the door latch. When you get doine searching, you'll see what I mean.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally Posted by mbbodytech
There is a child lock function, it's just smarter than a stupid switch in the door latch. When you get doine searching, you'll see what I mean.
This is correct. The door will not open when the car is in drive.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Almost a Member!

mercedes c class avantagarde se (sport pack)
i've a 2005 uk model, it has the mechanical locking mechanism on the back doors also, as well as the electronic one that looks the doors once the car gets moving
Old 04-17-2006, 12:31 PM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
I was once driving through a residential neigborhood (so I was going reasonably slowly) with my friend in the passenger seat. She seems to have just a touch of narcolepsy and falls aslep very easily. Furthermore, when she is asleep she often acts like she is awake- you can have actual conversations with her and, except that she seems to think that she is in a different place, you would not be able to tell she is asleep. If asked, she will insist that she is awake and, kind of get an attitude if you push the issue. She will even answer her phone and have a conversation while she is asleep... she even managed to call me TWICE while she was asleep (has it memorized how many times she had to push *down* to get to my name in her address book, doesn't even look at the phone when she calls me). Well, she was talking to me and suddenly decided that we had arrived. What does she do? Opens the door and tries to get out of the car!!!! Luckily, she had her seatbelt on and I was fast enough to grab her arm and pull her back before she was able to hurt herself. I closed the door and we discussed it- she thought I was mad at her and I tried to explain what happened. When we finally got where we were going I woke her up (the ONLY way to wake her up is figure out what she's waiting for... usually the elevator... and convincer her that it has arrived) and she was like "fuuuuck, my arm hurts!" Apparently, I grabbed her arm a LOT harder than I realized and it hurt for a few days. It took me a long time to convince her that she was litterally trying to get out of the car while it was moving and she was asleep. ANyhow, the point is that at least the front doors CAN be opened while the car is in motion... and discovering that scared the **** out of me!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 01:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
I was once driving through a residential neigborhood (so I was going reasonably slowly) with my friend in the passenger seat. She seems to have just a touch of narcolepsy and falls aslep very easily. Furthermore, when she is asleep she often acts like she is awake- you can have actual conversations with her and, except that she seems to think that she is in a different place, you would not be able to tell she is asleep. If asked, she will insist that she is awake and, kind of get an attitude if you push the issue. She will even answer her phone and have a conversation while she is asleep... she even managed to call me TWICE while she was asleep (has it memorized how many times she had to push *down* to get to my name in her address book, doesn't even look at the phone when she calls me). Well, she was talking to me and suddenly decided that we had arrived. What does she do? Opens the door and tries to get out of the car!!!! Luckily, she had her seatbelt on and I was fast enough to grab her arm and pull her back before she was able to hurt herself. I closed the door and we discussed it- she thought I was mad at her and I tried to explain what happened. When we finally got where we were going I woke her up (the ONLY way to wake her up is figure out what she's waiting for... usually the elevator... and convincer her that it has arrived) and she was like "fuuuuck, my arm hurts!" Apparently, I grabbed her arm a LOT harder than I realized and it hurt for a few days. It took me a long time to convince her that she was litterally trying to get out of the car while it was moving and she was asleep. ANyhow, the point is that at least the front doors CAN be opened while the car is in motion... and discovering that scared the **** out of me!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 02:18 PM

2013 c300 4matic, 2002 c240
i need paragraphs. i got lost some where like on the 3rd line.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:06 PM

I was once driving through a residential neigborhood (so I was going reasonably slowly) with my friend in the passenger seat.

She seems to have just a touch of narcolepsy and falls aslep very easily. Furthermore, when she is asleep she often acts like she is awake- you can have actual conversations with her and, except that she seems to think that she is in a different place, you would not be able to tell she is asleep. If asked, she will insist that she is awake and, kind of get an attitude if you push the issue. She will even answer her phone and have a conversation while she is asleep... she even managed to call me TWICE while she was asleep (has it memorized how many times she had to push *down* to get to my name in her address book, doesn't even look at the phone when she calls me).

Well, she was asleep and talking to me but then she suddenly decided that we had arrived. What does she do? Opens the door and tries to get out of the car!!!! Luckily, she had her seatbelt on and I was fast enough to grab her arm and pull her back before she was able to hurt herself. I closed the door and we discussed it- she thought I was mad at her and I tried to explain what happened.

When we finally got where we were going I woke her up (the ONLY way to wake her up is figure out what she's waiting for... usually the elevator... and convincer her that it has arrived) and she was like "fuuuuck, my arm hurts!" Apparently, I grabbed her arm a LOT harder than I realized and it hurt for a few days. It took me a long time to convince her that she was litterally trying to get out of the car while it was moving and she was asleep.

Anyhow, the point is that at least the front doors CAN be opened while the car is in motion... and discovering that scared the **** out of me!!!
heheh, sorry guys. Sometimes I just start ranting and totally forget to organize my thoughts!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
heheh, sorry guys. Sometimes I just start ranting and totally forget to organize my thoughts!
Shut up. Grab a beer. Organize it and start over. Have another beer while rereading your edits. Break. Now have another beer to get up the courage to post it correctly. OK, maybe after another beer.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Shut up. Grab a beer. Organize it and start over. Have another beer while rereading your edits. Break. Now have another beer to get up the courage to post it correctly. OK, maybe after another beer.

can't grab a beer at the moment... I'm in class... composition class, ironically!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
can't grab a beer at the moment... I'm in class... composition class, ironically!
WTF

They don't allow beer @ Tessie?

Old 04-17-2006, 07:40 PM

WTF

They don't allow beer @ Tessie?

not while I'm in class!!!

were you allowed to drink beer in class? If so WHERE DID YOU GO!?
Old 04-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
not while I'm in class!!!

were you allowed to drink beer in class? If so WHERE DID YOU GO!?
Beer,

Spiked coke. (j/k)

One of the schools I went to had a ritual. Once the upper class (Oberprima) got done with their exit exams, usually around spring break, it was tradition that they would pull up with a couple of small wagons, small bed US pickup type, full of wine. They would go throughout the school and disrupt every class while celebrating. Sampling only for the youngins.

P.S.
Drinking age is lower than US.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:59 PM

Beer,

Spiked coke. (j/k)

One of the schools I went to had a ritual. Once the upper class (Oberprima) got done with their exit exams, usually around spring break, it was tradition that they would pull up with a couple of small wagons, small bed US pickup type, full of wine. They would go throughout the school and disrupt every class while celebrating. Sampling only for the youngins.

P.S.
Drinking age is lower than US.
hahaha that's awesome! I'm legal drinking age here, but I like more (and the two don't ever ever mix!) so I avoid the drink... usually
Old 04-17-2006, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Why not install a video camera and let her see for herself.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Ok, you're supposed to be in school. Now get back and compose some decent music, your english sucks, as stated above. (j/k)
Old 04-17-2006, 08:42 PM

Ok, you're supposed to be in school. Now get back and compose some decent music, your english sucks, as stated above. (j/k)

nono... composition as in writing class. like as in english class. writing essays. etc.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
nono... composition as in writing class. like as in english class. writing essays. etc.
essay

that sounds spanish; I think

Are you sure you're in the correct class.

You have to excuse me as english is not my native language.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:55 PM

2005 Obsidian Black C230 Komp Sports Sedan, 2006 Iridium Silver ML350 SUV
get a set of Brabus Door Pins
i have a set, and for the rear. it sits flush when its lock!
NOOO WAY to pull it out!
so basically if you lock all doors, no way to open from the back.(unless front passangers hit the "unlock button, or open the door.
i didnt know that till my friend was screaming that she needs to get out the car!
quite a nice feature....hahaha
Old 04-17-2006, 10:22 PM

2008 . RX 350.
and I was thinking my "ex" was bad, she used to talk and could hit you while aslep .
Old 04-17-2006, 11:15 PM

Metro Card : (
those child locks from the domestics are the dumbest idea ever.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
I'm thinking that the door was unlocked in this situation. I know in my current car as well as my last C Class, the door would not open if the car was in drive and the doors were locked. Do you have your car set up so it autmatically locks the door once the car is in motion?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No Child Lock in Mercedes C320-2004 model