C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

NX Nitrous for the C230K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230K
NX Nitrous for the C230K

Has anyone installed an NX nitrous kit yet? You can boost it up to an extra 200 HP!!
Old 08-14-2002, 12:48 AM

'02 C230K Coupe
Re: NX Nitrous for the C230K

Originally posted by Zeke
You can boost it up to an extra 200 HP!!

How long will the engine last like that? 1 week? 1 day? 1 sec?
Old 08-14-2002, 01:54 AM

C230 kompressor C2 C7
an extra 200 hp???? no. no way. the fuel system could never keep up with that.
Old 08-14-2002, 02:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
99' SLK 230 & 01' CLK 430
You better make sure that it a kit made for your car or you will blow up your engine. Well, 200 hp will definiately blow up your engine !!! A year ago, i offer NOS company to use my Slk and design a kit for my car but they said no because they've try to crack the ECU but wasn't able to crack the ECU codes and that's why there's no kit for the Slk. So far, there are universal kit. I wouldn't install it.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford Pinto
NX

Why would you need to crack the ECU for nitrous?

That is not needed.

I wouldn't be spraying my benz with a 200 shot but a small wet 75 shot shouldn't hurt.

Eric
Old 08-14-2002, 11:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
what about the new nirtous express kits i have seen now for cars with an intercooler. they eaither spray water or nitrous on into the intercooler. Anyone know what kinda gains u get from that?
Old 08-15-2002, 06:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe
Anyone know what kinda gains u get from that?
hmmm....your gains would be:

- voided warranty
- early failure and replacement of major parts and components
- embarrassment when the MB Sevice Center refuses to fix your car
- and a really stupid feeling when you relaize you shaved 3 seconds off the one 1/4 mile run you got out of the car before the engine threw parts all over the track

If you want a race car, buy a race car. Don't buy a Benz and expect to modify it as such without catastrophic results.
Old 08-15-2002, 06:33 AM
Almost a Member!

Rick got a very good point there~
Old 08-15-2002, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by Rick

hmmm....your gains would be:

- voided warranty
- early failure and replacement of major parts and components
- embarrassment when the MB Sevice Center refuses to fix your car
- and a really stupid feeling when you relaize you shaved 3 seconds off the one 1/4 mile run you got out of the car before the engine threw parts all over the track

If you want a race car, buy a race car. Don't buy a Benz and expect to modify it as such without catastrophic results.
First of all i was not saying i want it and seconed i dont consider anything u said there to be gains or anything i did not know already. It only takes common sense to figure out nitrous is not good for your car. But one thing i did ask was about the kit that sprays water in your intercooler that would not cause any serious problem. That has been around a while and is even stand with the Subaru WRX STI.

I do think that u are wrong about how u can not make this a race car. Mercedes has lots of Tunners that make there cars just as good as race cars with great performance and reliability.
Old 08-15-2002, 03:33 PM

2002 C230k
But one thing i did ask was about the kit that sprays water in your intercooler that would not cause any serious problem.
It sprays water IN the intercooler, or ON the intercooler???
Old 08-15-2002, 03:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by Spyke

It sprays water IN the intercooler, or ON the intercooler???
sorry for saying that wrong. It Sprays Water ON The Intercooler.
Old 08-15-2002, 04:38 PM
Almost a Member!

well, with nos I suppose a properly set up 50hp kit wouldn't hurt if u knew what u were doing and not go all out crazy with it.
but then again, its cheap hp :p
Old 08-15-2002, 08:30 PM
Almost a Member!

I do think that u are wrong about how u can not make this a race car. Mercedes has lots of Tunners that make there cars just as good as race cars with great performance and reliability.
of coz u can make Mercedes a race car~ in fact, if u managed to stick 2 wings on both sides of ur car and install a jet engine, i bet it could fly too~

i think what rick means is Mercedes don't built their cars with performance on the top of their mind (like TVR, Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus etc )~ instead, MB concentrate on luxury, comfort, safty...

u could & allowed to do anything with ur car~ with enough mods, u car could do 9sec too, but would u call it a Mercedes if u swap 90% of its parts?
Old 08-15-2002, 10:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by psun786

i think what rick means is Mercedes don't built their cars with performance on the top of their mind (like TVR, Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus etc )~ instead, MB concentrate on luxury, comfort, safty...

Well its pretty obvious Mercedes dont have stock performace like Ferrari's thats why what i am saying is u can make this car as fast as u want if its not fast enough. Ferrari's on the other hand already come with great performance so most of the people leave them stock. Belive me i have no intention to make my car a race car. so i dont really care.
Old 08-16-2002, 06:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my points are simple....tweak the engine in an MB....and :

1) kiss your warranty good bye
2) expect that your repair bills will ALL be out of pocket
3) dont even hope for service at your dealer....even free oil changes are out of the question
4) kiss reliability good bye

In fact, each modification you list in your sig removes manufacturers warranty from that component of the car. Did you not read the manual where it specifically states that "modification or alteration of any Mercedes Benz product will void the warranty on that component and possibly the entire vehicle"?

It's a real surprise that you couldn't grasp this concept. For your $31k(plus what you've spent on 'mods'), you could have bought 2 1998 Camaro SS (one with a roll cage, tubbed/narrowed rear, blown LS1, 6sp BorgWarner top loader, NOS nitrous...and the other for the street).

Further...I bought my Benz for the reliability and the sanctity of owning a car I could drive comfortably and safely on a daily basis. For the other kind of fun....I have my MGB's.

Last edited by Rick; 08-16-2002 at 06:21 AM.
Old 08-16-2002, 06:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Everyone is saying that MB's are not built for performance, I beleive you all are forgetting about AMG .

The possibilities of modifying Mercedes-Benz vehicles are endless, AMG or not. It's just most people who buy a MB and do modify it would never... EVER think about putting NOS in there car.

Rick, in response to your list:

1) It is ILLEGAL for Mercedes-Benz to void your warantee because you modified your car. The only way that Mercedes-Benz is allowed under federal law to void your warantee is if the modification you installed was the cause of whatever problem you may have. If you modify your engine, suspension, etc. Mercedes-Benz cannot, and will not void your warantee unless the cause of the problem was the exact modification. The reason why most Mercedes-Benz modifications such as Renntech, Kleemann, etc. are so much more expensive than modifications for imports, domestic cars, etc. is because so much research, development, and testing goes into each modification that a company puts out so there product is NOT the cause of a problem that may occur. It is extremely rare to see a car modified by Kleemann, etc. to have any problems related to the modification. Some people have gone over 100,000 miles with a Kleemann modification and have had no problems at all; this is why I can buy Kleemann products in confidence.

2) Like I said in the first part of #1, your car will be fixed under warantee without any cost unless the cause of the problem was due to the modification you made.

3) I sincerely hope you're joking, because this claim is outrageous. People at my dealership will roll up is completely customized brabus, renntech, etc. vehicles which are totally decked out in everything each company offers, including complete engine modifications and my dealership takes care of there cars without any problem.

4) Like I said in #1. So much R&D goes into these modifications offered by Renntech, Kleemann, Brabus, etc. that the chances are slim to none you will experience any problems.

I have already confirmed the warantee issues with MBUSA. They cannot void the warantee on your engine if you modify it. The only way it can be void is if the cause of the engine failure was due to the modification... like I said above, this is very unlikely and has NEVER happened in a Kleemann vehicle.

I am unsure as to what the laws are for putting nitrous oxide in a vehicle are as far as legality and warantee issues go, everything I stated above is for the normal modifications that Renntech, Kleemann, Brabus, and other companies offer. I for one would never put NOS in a car, especially a Mercedes-Benz.

I hope that Ben (Evosport), Kleemann, and Randy (Renntech) will comment in this thread.

Last edited by Accord; 08-16-2002 at 06:42 AM.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

benzy230 put a 100 shot nitrous system on his car and blew the engine.
Old 08-16-2002, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL

Originally posted by Lynn
benzy230 put a 100 shot nitrous system on his car and blew the engine.

And was the repair covered under warranty?

I rest my case.....
Old 08-17-2002, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Yes, but putting NOS in a Mercedes-Benz isn't exactly the smartest thing to do...

If it had been a Kleemann, Renntech, Brabus, etc. modification, this would never have happened.

I rest my case .
Old 08-17-2002, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
I've never been a fan of NOS. Too risky.
Old 08-17-2002, 12:42 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by Rick
my points are simple....tweak the engine in an MB....and :

1) kiss your warranty good bye
2) expect that your repair bills will ALL be out of pocket
3) dont even hope for service at your dealer....even free oil changes are out of the question
4) kiss reliability good bye

In fact, each modification you list in your sig removes manufacturers warranty from that component of the car. Did you not read the manual where it specifically states that "modification or alteration of any Mercedes Benz product will void the warranty on that component and possibly the entire vehicle"?

It's a real surprise that you couldn't grasp this concept. For your $31k(plus what you've spent on 'mods'), you could have bought 2 1998 Camaro SS (one with a roll cage, tubbed/narrowed rear, blown LS1, 6sp BorgWarner top loader, NOS nitrous...and the other for the street).

Further...I bought my Benz for the reliability and the sanctity of owning a car I could drive comfortably and safely on a daily basis. For the other kind of fun....I have my MGB's.
i happen to bring my car to the dealer alot to show some of the service/salesmen what i have done and they love it they want me to do alot more. And nothing i have done has voided any of my warrenty at all. Why would i buy a camaro ss if i wanted a mercedes-benz?????? and will buy nothing but one? because it cant be modded? wrong because it can be modded ALOT.

And i would never have any intention to put nitrous on any car i own.
Old 08-17-2002, 02:50 AM

why does everyone say nos is bad?? it has the same wear and tear u would get from adding a supercharger to ur car or any other type of forced induction. u just have to run it properly and not go overboard with it. A C320 should easily be able to handle a 50 shot. There are superchargers out there for a 320 that raise the hp by 100 on stock internals and fueling, so why wont a 320 or and other benz not be able to handle a 50 shot?? Yes there is a chance of throwin a rod or something to that extent, but its the same with forced induction if not tuned properly. The mecedes block can easily handle a 50 shot wet or even a dry kit like zex, which monitors the fuel pressure with the use of a mini computer. NOS is like any other type of forced induction and can be a significant power increase.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Let me just chime in here on the NOS...

Using nitrous on a forced induction motor is tempting fate, not because the motor in inferior in design or has some sort of defect that you don't know about...rather because a supercharged or turbo charged motor is already running the risk of detonation because of the extra air being rammed into the motor, that's why our C230K's have the intercooler. Using a dry NOS kit pushes them even further towards detonation....something that every nitrous user fears. The MB 2.3 is a rather stoutly built motor, but being its supercharged, it has to be.

You could use a short wet shot to spool up the motor below 3K, and you could even get away with a 100shot on a wet kit. Using a dry kit will kill your motor, especially a supercharged one. On just about any car, the dry kits kill the motor beyond a 50shot...and I know of plenty of Hondas that died even with a dry 50.

Why do you want to spend 500bucks for nitrous, when you can do pulley swap for roughly the same gain in HP? 38 for the pulley, and 50 for NOS???
Old 08-25-2002, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Originally posted by Outland
Why do you want to spend 500bucks for nitrous, when you can do pulley swap for roughly the same gain in HP? 38 for the pulley, and 50 for NOS???
I have not/will not install my NX system on my upcoming MB. I did have it installed in my 1996 Maxima. There is a huge difference between an instant shot of 100hp and an upgraded pulley. I had friends with S/C Maxima's and I was able to pull away from them very easily. IF the '03 engine wasn't such a new design I might consider putting the system in it, but I really don't think the engine can handle it after everything I have read.

In the Maxima I did run nitrous every week for 1 year (over 80 bottles) and did no damage to my engine. I would never run a dry setup and always use a window switch to keep it safe.

Erik
Old 08-26-2002, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by tifosiv122

I have not/will not install my NX system on my upcoming MB. I did have it installed in my 1996 Maxima. There is a huge difference between an instant shot of 100hp and an upgraded pulley. I had friends with S/C Maxima's and I was able to pull away from them very easily. IF the '03 engine wasn't such a new design I might consider putting the system in it, but I really don't think the engine can handle it after everything I have read.

In the Maxima I did run nitrous every week for 1 year (over 80 bottles) and did no damage to my engine. I would never run a dry setup and always use a window switch to keep it safe.

Erik
Run dry, you die. The worst thing to come along in years.

The Maxima is a six cylinder car...With most 4 bangers you run a 50 or 75 shot. A six you run 75-125, depending on displacement, and the v8s run 100-200 shots.

The MB is already supercharged...this complicates ANY nitrous setup. Run nitrous on one of your buddies supercharged maximas(which aren't factory setups, btw...so these guys are probably already teetering on the edge of detonation) and it would likely blow up.

Third, obviously a 100 shot of nitrous isn't going to feel like a 38HP boost from a pulley swap...but then again you aren't going to get away with a 100 shot on any 4 cylinder forced induction motor without some extensive additional mods to prevent detonation. But you won't be filling that bottle twice a week, and the pulley isn't gonna require anything more than a couple of setting changes in the ECM.

The problem with Nitrous has nothing to do with the design or construction of the new motor...or the old 2.3 for that matter. Its the Supercharger that complicates things. Hell, Ive seen little **** Corrallas and Cavaliers running NOS, and Ive even been in a Saturn, yes, a Saturn that runs a 100shot thru a stock 1.9 DOHC Saturn mill, and is an absolute screamer while the button is down. Ive seen him take down Vettes with the laughing gas on...but that bottle doesn't even last an hour driving like that

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NX Nitrous for the C230K