C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

MB C230 or Lexus IS250 (now I'm not so sure)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 06:59 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Just been down this road for a friend who wanted IS250SE. The Lexus is very well screwed together and fairly pleasing to look at & should be on your shopping list but go for the well sorted & timelessly styled Benz.

The only things I have against the Lexus:

- It is the only 4 door 2 seater in it's class - back seat for midgets only
- It has no soul, is crap to drive, feels like another boring but reliable Toyota
- High waist line small glass area is claustrophobic
- It rattles - especially facia - they all do
- Poor cabin & ergonomics - nice instrumentation
- Nice but Lazy engine - does not go the way specs would suggest
- Expensive for what it is
- Don't think the styling will will stand the test of time
- Tries unsuccessfully to take on the Germans by throwing in every option as standard - a nice try

Buy the Benz! My friend did
WOW....just WOW....can't anyone read anymore...even just the post above yours clear states this thread is from 2006 if you can't even check the date.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 w203,85 w123
+1 Glyn!

[QUOTE=Glyn M Ruck;2943456]Just been down this road for a friend who wanted IS250SE. The Lexus is very well screwed together and fairly pleasing to look at & should be on your shopping list but go for the well sorted & timelessly styled Benz.

The only things I have against the Lexus:

- It is the only 4 door 2 seater in it's class - back seat for midgets only
- It has no soul, is crap to drive, feels like another boring but reliable Toyota
- High waist line small glass area is claustrophobic
- It rattles - especially facia - they all do
- Poor cabin & ergonomics - nice instrumentation
- Nice but Lazy engine - does not go the way specs would suggest
- Expensive for what it is
- Don't think the styling will will stand the test of time
- Tries unsuccessfully to take on the Germans by throwing in every option as standard - a nice try

Glyn,right on podnah! Couldnt have said it better myself!
Old 07-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by FrankW
WOW....just WOW....can't anyone read anymore...even just the post above yours clear states this thread is from 2006 if you can't even check the date.
Missed that - sorry - You are so perfect
Old 07-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

BTW - Do you speak English? Look at your post!! you should be encouraging new members !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Youngster!

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 07-18-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:53 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
BTW - Do you speak English? Look at your post!! you should be encouraging new members !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Youngster!
so my grammar sucks...i'm not an english major. is that the best rebuttal you can come up with?

I do encourage new members just not when they only read the first post in every thread and don't bother to check the date of the thread.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

so my grammar sucks...i'm not an english major. is that the best rebuttal you can come up with?

I do encourage new members just not when they only read the first post in every thread and don't bother to check the date of the thread.
Add value or belt up. Your post number versus quality is doubtful. Empty vessels make the most sound
Old 07-18-2008, 08:24 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Add value or belt up. Your post number versus quality is doubtful. Empty vessels make the most sound
LMAO...

you have no clue how long and how much i've contributed to this forum have you? feel free to ask anyone about me.

btw, empty vessels? you just made 4 completely useless posts and still yapping away.

Last edited by FrankW; 07-18-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
I can vouch for Frank's contributions in the little time i've been here. He's helped me and lot of other new members here.

I try not to flame, but Frank only said what a lot of other people on the forums were thinking.

Last edited by TemjinX2; 07-18-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

LMAO...

you have no clue how long and how much i've contributed to this forum have you?
Let's not quibble. We can both add value. You don't own this forum. It's easy to access all of your posts & I have. Some good, some bad, many unneccessary - see my posts "Oil Change Timing Question (distance vs. time)" I do know a little - don't get smart because someone made a date error!!! I've travelled the length & breadth of this planet in my job & can state with due humility that I have a little to add to this forum if it's wanted. Let's engage on the automotive industry in China if you wish. I've been in every plant in the country.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
I can vouch for Frank's contributions in the little time i've been here. He's helped me and lot of other new members here.

I try not to flame, but Frank only said what a lot of other people on the forums were thinking.
Thank you Temjin - Appreciate your view - I'm the most easy going guy in the world but when some someone jumps down my neck for an honest mistake I get miffed - I have a massive amount to add to this forum thanks to the Multinational Corp I have worked for globally for 37 years. If you guys don't want that input - I've better things to do
Old 07-18-2008, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
To quote Jim Carey

"Can't we all just get along?"
Old 07-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Wink

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
To quote Jim Carey

"Can't we all just get along?"
Yes, of course we can. I'm moving on
Old 07-18-2008, 09:46 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Let's not quibble. We can both add value. You don't own this forum. It's easy to access all of your posts & I have. Some good, some bad, many unneccessary - see my posts "Oil Change Timing Question (distance vs. time)" I do know a little - don't get smart because someone made a date error!!! I've travelled the length & breadth of this planet in my job & can state with due humility that I have a little to add to this forum if it's wanted. Let's engage on the automotive industry in China if you wish. I've been in every plant in the country.
I think you are more confused than ever. Did I say I own the forum? Did I get smart because I made a comment on people "posting without checking the date"? You are the one started commenting on my grammar and making smart *** comments such as "empty vessel makes the most sound." and "youngster." Now you are telling me I've made many unnecessary (it's spelled with only one "C") posts . I've been here 6 years and have made tons of friends on here as well as contributing to many different topics in the 32/55 as well as the w203 forum. I can tell you those posts you called "unnecessary" are just as important that kept this community going.

where did I say you can't contribute to this forum I don't care about age or where you are from as long as there are valuable information to be shared please do.

AND why are you drifting away from this topic? 中國的汽車市場 has nothing to do with the topic we are talking about. If you want to talk about 吉利, 上海大眾, and how Audi, BMW, GM all have plant in 大陸 and where Subaru has plan to maybe expend into China with a plant of their own if their sale can go up. etc I'll be glad to talk about those in the off-topic forum. I know my share of information on those and I don't doubt that you have more information and experience.

I find it pretty humorous that you are going through my old posts as well as using age and grammar comments as leverage in your posts because of your personal vendetta with me on making a comment on your date error. This has nothing to do with where you've been and what plant you have visited. This is only about you making the "could've happened to anyone" mistake and not acknowledging the simple mistake and dig yourself deeper into the hole that you are already in.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
…I'm a South African and we regularly have very robust interaction followed by a good evening in the pub with no hard feelings. My American colleagues are frequently surprised by this. It's just our culture…
Old 07-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ArsnlKen

Glyn,right on podnah! Couldnt have said it better myself!
Thanks - just an honest evaluation - Lexus is a good product - Seem to have irritated the forum's "elite" by missing the date on the post - who cares - honest mistake!

Let's irritate them a little more by being off topic - I lived in Irving, Dallas TX just off of MacArthur from '94 to late 1998 & loved it. Some of the warmest, most kind people I've ever met.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

I think you are more confused than ever. Did I say I own the forum? Did I get smart because I made a comment on people "posting without checking the date"? You are the one started commenting on my grammar and making smart *** comments such as "empty vessel makes the most sound." and "youngster." Now you are telling me I've made many unnecessary (it's spelled with only one "C") posts . I've been here 6 years and have made tons of friends on here as well as contributing to many different topics in the 32/55 as well as the w203 forum. I can tell you those posts you called "unnecessary" are just as important that kept this community going.

where did I say you can't contribute to this forum I don't care about age or where you are from as long as there are valuable information to be shared please do.

AND why are you drifting away from this topic? 中國的汽車市場 has nothing to do with the topic we are talking about. If you want to talk about 吉利, 上海大眾, and how Audi, BMW, GM all have plant in 大陸 and where Subaru has plan to maybe expend into China with a plant of their own if their sale can go up. etc I'll be glad to talk about those in the off-topic forum. I know my share of information on those and I don't doubt that you have more information and experience.

I find it pretty humorous that you are going through my old posts as well as using age and grammar comments as leverage in your posts because of your personal vendetta with me on making a comment on your date error. This has nothing to do with where you've been and what plant you have visited. This is only about you making the "could've happened to anyone" mistake and not acknowledging the simple mistake and dig yourself deeper into the hole that you are already in.
You win
Old 07-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by splinter
Hey man - thanks for the understanding - Presume you've been to Oktoberfest - what fun!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:15 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by splinter
hahahah...John...that's funny as hell...and probably true.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:39 PM

02 w203,85 w123
Thanks - just an honest evaluation - Lexus is a good product - Seem to have irritated the forum's "elite" by missing the date on the post - who cares - honest mistake!

Let's irritate them a little more by being off topic - I lived in Irving, Dallas TX just off of MacArthur from '94 to late 1998 & loved it. Some of the warmest, most kind people I've ever met.
U lived here,then u kno...Mercedes Benz is the NATIONAL CAR OF TEXAS BABEE! Mods are the only way to distinguish yourself around here! I cant express enuff (sic) love to every one who has ever posted here;the more I read (old threads,posts,etc...) I learn so much more about my car that only instills more pride & confidence about my choice of ride! Nothing but props & love to all of ya'll from Big D!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:49 PM

02 w203,85 w123
Frank vs.Glyn..both killer

No need for a feud fellas...Should be US vs.ricey! I'm tired of the media & rice-company shills doing their best to bring Mercedes-Benz down to their level! Are u kidding!! Where was Toyota & BMW in 1898? 1900? 1930? Hmmm...lets try 1950...Ok...well,sooner or later everybody else caught up to us!! Ok...They're still trying but they may catch MB in a few years!! All I can say is I'm a neophyte who is PROUD to be from Texas & PROUD to be part of this forum & EXTREMELY PROUD TO BE A MERCEDES-BENZ OWNER BABEE!! Ha! to u wannabes!! We have the car payments to show for our pride!!! And thanks to buddies like Frank & Glyn we have the knowledge to thumb in ya'lls (Texan) faces as well!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

U lived here,then u kno...Mercedes Benz is the NATIONAL CAR OF TEXAS BABEE! Mods are the only way to distinguish yourself around here! I cant express enuff (sic) love to every one who has ever posted here;the more I read (old threads,posts,etc...) I learn so much more about my car that only instills more pride & confidence about my choice of ride! Nothing but props & love to all of ya'll from Big D!
Yeah! wonderful old days. Had a great apartment in the Villas at Beaver Creek.

Yes, this forum is great and one can learn a huge amount from the good folk that contribute
Old 07-18-2008, 11:10 PM

02 w203,85 w123
Next time ur in Big D

Yeah! wonderful old days. Had a great apartment in the Villas at Beaver Creek.

Yes, this forum is great and one can learn a huge amount from the good folk that contribute
Glyn,there's a few of us in the Metroplex planning on a MB rendezvous at a Hooters or the equivalent thereof,sometime in the future. If u get this way my friend...
Old 07-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Glyn,there's a few of us in the Metroplex planning on a MB rendezvous at a Hooters or the equivalent thereof,sometime in the future. If u get this way my friend...
I'll take you up on that - Thanks