C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

M112 Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
M112 Intake

hey guys, I remember reading a old post abt a dual intake on the chrysler crossfire/srt-6.

I cant fint the old post. If the inlets are the same. would the same setup fit on the m112 motors? because I found this...(bottom) on ebay, and the fitmet says for V6 3.2L crossfire, SLK320, CLK320. Any help?

Old 05-18-2006, 12:30 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Im kinda confused as to what you found.... :\

Did you find a chrysler crossfire air box that fits on the m112 engine? is there something that makes it better than the original air box? Special little covers for the pipes?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not stock.
yes, this will fit on your v6 mercedes....I have a similar setup I did my self on my slk320 using K&N filters and obviously removing the filters from inside the box....... I suggest you take out the front vents/scoops that go behind the grill for free flowing air into the engine compartment....etc.
This setup will work nicely if you live in cold weather, or & drive the car on the high way alot.... also, get some head insulating material to cover the underside of the airbox in order to keep the heat from the engine to warm it up..it helps alot!
Old 05-18-2006, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c320 '03
Talking where u found it??

where did u find this?? more info or spec, mayb i can help u guys make one.. cuz i work at a place that make aftermarket performance parts, for mostly jap cars, n i just got my c320 too n i was thinkin about using some of the intake pips n make my own system since nobody makes one, i just want more pics, cuz i never open up my airbox yet n dont kno what i need too.. haha..u just sent me the link u found this n who so mayb i can make it, n test it out if it makes power or just for looks..
Old 05-18-2006, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by OJwerks
yes, this will fit on your v6 mercedes....I have a similar setup I did my self on my slk320 using K&N filters and obviously removing the filters from inside the box....... I suggest you take out the front vents/scoops that go behind the grill for free flowing air into the engine compartment....etc.
This setup will work nicely if you live in cold weather, or & drive the car on the high way alot.... also, get some head insulating material to cover the underside of the airbox in order to keep the heat from the engine to warm it up..it helps alot!

I think i'm going to use the green twister cold air, i already have insulation ready, I was gonna "custom" make a RAM intake maybe 2 years ago, never got the chance, lol but w/e do u have any pictures of ur setup!? I want to take a look at it if you don't mind

Im kinda confused as to what you found.... :\

Originally Posted by TruTaing
Did you find a chrysler crossfire air box that fits on the m112 engine? is there something that makes it better than the original air box? Special little covers for the pipes?
no, i'm using the original airbox, possibly even modify it, i'm looking at the "dual" cold air or RAM intake for the crossfire, thinking that since its the same setup as my V6 320, might as well spit up the 200-300$ to see, because i hate it when the car gets warm and my airfilter gets dirty so fast. I clean my airfilter every 3 months, by the way, i'm off today and im cleaning it now this proves how dirty new york city air is lol
Old 05-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Moderator Alumni

w203 m112
wow, thats pretty interesting... hope it does you well
Old 05-19-2006, 07:34 AM

c320 '03
Talking advan

hay advan.. where did u find the info on the crossfire intake.. like i say.. i work at a place that do lots of jap performance parts.. so i got some spare parts around all the time.. i just want to kno wat brand is the crossfire intake in the pic u got.. cuz i try e-bay n yahoo n find nothin.. mayb i can make a somthin like much less than 200.. since i got a c320 too.. so mayb if i can find a product that are already made n ready i can copy the design n try it on my car n if its good i will get my company to mass produce it.. just help me on the info...

Trending Topics

Old 05-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Moderator Alumni

w203 m112
a bit off topic?

Question: Why is the m112 air intake's cover over the engine? I never got this... why not just run pipes around to the sides of the engine and let the engine cool naturally on top? are they trying to retain the heat in the engine? while keeping the air that passes through the box cold? anyone know?

-j0hn
Old 05-19-2006, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by TruTaing
a bit off topic?

Question: Why is the m112 air intake's cover over the engine? I never got this... why not just run pipes around to the sides of the engine and let the engine cool naturally on top? are they trying to retain the heat in the engine? while keeping the air that passes through the box cold? anyone know?

-j0hn
I took apart the M112 airbox, there seems to be some sort of "vortex" type design, the air flows thru the intake tubes, thru the airfilters, then thru this compartment THEN hits the metal mesh then the MAF into the engine. I believe they want to keep the air warm, but then that wouldnt the "cold air intake" i want to do end up WARM anyways!?
Old 11-28-2006, 05:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
Originally Posted by sogo011852
hay advan.. where did u find the info on the crossfire intake.. like i say.. i work at a place that do lots of jap performance parts.. so i got some spare parts around all the time.. i just want to kno wat brand is the crossfire intake in the pic u got.. cuz i try e-bay n yahoo n find nothin.. mayb i can make a somthin like much less than 200.. since i got a c320 too.. so mayb if i can find a product that are already made n ready i can copy the design n try it on my car n if its good i will get my company to mass produce it.. just help me on the info...
here u go
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrys...56326346QQrdZ1
Old 11-28-2006, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
I'm actually waiting on a new set to sell maybe for a low price
Old 11-28-2006, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
it really sucks that no one makes intake for our car
Old 12-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Banned

the reason it is above the motor is to

1.)warm the air, to prevent extreme cold air from ruining gaskets while motoring in the mountains... Germany has really cold temperatures in the higher elevations... Too much air = too much explosion= faster wear on the gaskets and parts...

2.) The barrel theory: The longer a bullet travels down a barrel the more pressure it developes. The longer distance you have when you vortex air, the faster the particles will travel... They get slung around corner after corner, gaining speed, allowing for a vacuum to be developed thus the loud intake noise from our vehicles. The pressure from the frontal wind pressure helps push the particles into the intake.. So the faster you drive, the more effecient the long intake style is, because there is more pressure in the begining of the intake. That's why our cars start out slow, then gain speed as where american cars start fast and loose speed as wind pressure builds. For kicks, take a piece of measuring tape and measure the distance the air travels before it enters the mass air meter. I bet its longer than the common domestic!

3.) The reason it is in a box on top of the motor is due to spacial design. These are compact cars, so space is limited.

4.) It's that way because the engineer told the guy in the factory to put it together as so.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 c230 v6 SS
has anyone installed those intakes from the ebay link?, im thinking about buying them...lemme, im iffy on the fitment, and hopefully itll produce a little power since the air boxes will be emptied...i jus want it to fit right...but for 120 its not bad....
Old 12-07-2006, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
wow this is interesting.... the only thing i'm worried bout is will this intake allow more debris to go into the engine??? if neone gets it def post pics and let us know.. perhaps a dyno??? lol
Old 12-07-2006, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is SOLD
Originally Posted by anthuny85
has anyone installed those intakes from the ebay link?, im thinking about buying them...lemme, im iffy on the fitment, and hopefully itll produce a little power since the air boxes will be emptied...i jus want it to fit right...but for 120 its not bad....
having your intake like that is mainly for looks. you are getting warmer air coming around the engine bay as opposed to the ram air. just get air filters for the car and you're good to go.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
Originally Posted by white_w203
having your intake like that is mainly for looks. you are getting warmer air coming around the engine bay as opposed to the ram air. just get air filters for the car and you're good to go.
but filter doesn't give ur hp gain right
or maybe just like a hp or two.

by the way, will change filter give you that similar to intake sound??
Old 12-07-2006, 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 c230 v6 SS
no i have k/n's..it gave a little more whoosh...but not that throatiness of intakes...i pulled the tubes off and it sure does sound so much meaner....thus why i want new intakes...
Old 12-07-2006, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by yeuchau
but filter doesn't give ur hp gain right
or maybe just like a hp or two.

by the way, will change filter give you that similar to intake sound??
nope, changing the sheet intakes just give it a little diff sound from the paper ones. but doesnt give that SHOOWSH kinda sound with a aftermarket CAI.

also, I removed the intake tubes, so did anthuny. it DOES give the car a better sound. and power wise. no difference, but its pretty cool.

as for my CAI. It was put very close up to the location where the plastic tubes used to sit. and the CAI gave the engine a more deeper throaty sound and during netural revv (c230 o5 has heard) it gives this amazingly nice "sucking" noise which was what I was trying to achieve. but currently...

I'm sitting on sheet K&Ns b/c im currently working on a airbox less system. also removing the fog lights and putting the intakes there. we'll see how that works....