C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: Do you use the fog lights now that you have xenons
yes
35.48%
no
25.81%
just for looks
35.48%
never used them anyway
9.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

cars with xenon, do you ever use your fog lights anymore?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by FrankW

hate to say this, but HELLOoo we are talking about the factory fog lights here!!
You missed my point. Most people use them because they "look cool" (same as blue tinted headlight bulbs, i guess?) - no other reason to use them in good weather. So, this "fashionable coolness" inevitably draws scores of people to using aftermarket-fitted fog/offroad/what-have-you lights. And these are oftentimes eye-unfriendly. I detest the very idea of using fog lights without necessity (i.e. in absense of fog/heavy rain).

I equate using lighting devices "for looks only" to cranking car stereo (with the windows down, of course) - to make everyone in the radius of half a mile listen to your drum and bass. Contrary to their expectations, the reaction typically is "what a jerk!"

Last edited by vadim; 08-23-2002 at 02:00 AM.
Old 08-23-2002, 03:07 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally posted by vadim
You missed my point. Most people use them because they "look cool" (same as blue tinted headlight bulbs, i guess?) - no other reason to use them in good weather. So, this "fashionable coolness" inevitably draws scores of people to using aftermarket-fitted fog/offroad/what-have-you lights. And these are oftentimes eye-unfriendly. I detest the very idea of using fog lights without necessity (i.e. in absense of fog/heavy rain).

I equate using lighting devices "for looks only" to cranking car stereo (with the windows down, of course) - to make everyone in the radius of half a mile listen to your drum and bass. Contrary to their expectations, the reaction typically is "what a jerk!"
i would agree with you if we are talking about those after market crap that you would see on some Hondas and Toyotas.

the fog light actually have some help lighting up the side of the street that is close to me. in the community where i lives, we have no street light, and there are a lot of wild animal like bobcats, deers, squirel, rabbit, cayotes, etc running across the street all the time. the fog light actually helps on identifying those animals. because they are usually on the side of the street where low-beam won't illuminate ,and they moves when there are cars coming.

btw we do sometimes get very dense fog in the morning and late after dark. sometimes you won't be able to see even two feet in front of you.

Last edited by FrankW; 08-23-2002 at 03:14 AM.
Old 08-26-2002, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 E63
Here is my Coupe with HID.
No more need for fog lights.