C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Thank you Kleemann, your M271 header (RHD) rocks !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
Mang;

There is just nothing but room in that engine bay. I too want to install a header. Mine is likely to be a SuperSprint. Did you guys do the install yourself, or did you pay to have it done. What was the cost? Did you have to do any unplugging of the battery to get the ECU to relearn?

PG, did you say you have a RHD car? In NY?

E
No, I have a LHD car. I might have confused the words somewhere or the pics. I had RPM Racing install everything. Kleemann boost kit, and the header. The install for the header was $380. RPM Racing is an authorized installer for Kleemann. You have to see the cars in there shop! They do awesome work! There was no unplugging of the battery. The ECU will relearn whatever it has to learn by 1000 miles according to Corey form Kleemann. I've only driven it about 150milea and I can already feel the difference.
If you read my original post about me being dissapointed with the performance, there was a reason, which we found out 150miles later on. There was an exhaust leak in the flange where to header and the cat meat. Kleemann left that part out of the box but RPM Racing used a standard one, but since the car is supercharged the heat is ALOT more hotter and ruined the compression fitting between the header and the cat. Kleemann over nighted it to the shop and tommorrow morning it will be fixed.
I wanted to make my car Kleemanized anyway, besdides Supersprint doesnt make a header for the 1.8 liter. Supersprint has the 4-2-1 header for the 2.3 liter which is more of a torque header which I would have perfered, but I did notice an improvement after the computer was starting to learn. I will know for sure tomorrow after it is fixed about the true performance of the header.
Good luck in your choice. I think you have more choices than I did with the 1.8. But like I said I wanted to Kleemannize my car and Kleemann is well know for the performane on mercedes. Oh and I love the fender badges they sent me. They replaced those boring sport ones.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:21 PM

2016 C63s AMG
Doe anybody want to sell there stock exhaust manifold for the m271 engine. It doesnt matter if its LHD or RHD.
Please let me know either PM me or just respond.
Thanks
Old 08-16-2006, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by pugguy2001
Doe anybody want to sell there stock exhaust manifold for the m271 engine. It doesnt matter if its LHD or RHD.
Please let me know either PM me or just respond.
Thanks
pugguy2001,

Just got to read your post....yes mine has changed pretty much to the copper colour. There was a leak at the end of the downpipe where it comes a clamping device to link the downpipe to the primary pipe, wasn't an issue as I get my exhaust mechanic to weld them instead...

You may feel that the initial run is laggy....You will need to reset the mixture adaptation in the mercedes star diagnostic. Mixture adaptation can be located in the Motor electronics, control unit adaptation. When you reset it, Mercedes star will request you to turn off and on (ignition). When this is done, drive it for a while and allow the ECU to re-learn your driving behaviour with the new air/fuel parameters.

I have 2 exhaust manifold for LHD....

Hope that helps, and good luck !
Old 08-16-2006, 09:39 PM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by slkfans
pugguy2001,

You may feel that the initial run is laggy....You will need to reset the mixture adaptation in the mercedes star diagnostic. Mixture adaptation can be located in the Motor electronics, control unit adaptation. When you reset it, Mercedes star will request you to turn off and on (ignition). When this is done, drive it for a while and allow the ECU to re-learn your driving behaviour with the new air/fuel parameters.

I have 2 exhaust manifold for LHD....

Hope that helps, and good luck !
What is this Motor electronics, control unit adaptation. How do I get to the mercedes star diagnostic. Is this just like the ECU reset?
Are the headers you have a seperate exhaust manifold and cat or is it an all in one peice. Would you be willing to sell one of them?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:44 PM

2016 C63s AMG
Steve if you want p/m me and we can talk more details about the exhaust manifold.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:18 AM

2016 C63s AMG
SLKFans,
Can you take a picture of the flange on the stock exhaust manifold. I saw the picture where you compared the MGHeader with the stock one, but I was curiuos to see how the primaries meet at that flange. Do they meet at the flange or can you see that they just end prior to the flange. With my US exhaust manifold the primaries end just before the tube(I dont have a flange, its one peice with cat). If you put a flash light from the top of the header you can see where the primary tubes end. They dont connect to each other is what I am trying ot say, Do yours connect? Also I read you response that you have 2 exhaust manifolds. Are they separated from the cat.
Thank You
Rick
Old 08-18-2006, 08:36 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by CBlack
Hi, my Kleemann stainless steel header also turned to copper color the next day, wonder why
Heat. It has everything to do with the electron on the valance ring and the metal content of stainless steel.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Almost a Member!

current W204 previous W203
Originally Posted by CoryU
Heat. It has everything to do with the electron on the valance ring and the metal content of stainless steel.
Thanks, CoryU for the explanation. I'm thinking of wrapping the header with heat wrap, is that advisable?
Old 08-19-2006, 08:50 AM

2016 C63s AMG
CBlack is your stock exhaust manifold seperate from the cat? Are you willing to sell it?
I was told it is a good thing to wrap or even ceramic coat the header. Our car create so much heat since they are super charged that its better to get that heat out through the exhaust. (hence keeping the engine bay cooler, ie. air intake, intercooler).
The one thing I know for a fact about adding the header with the high flow cat is that we lost 1/2psi. My entire power band moved from 1500-2000 to 3000. How about yours?
Old 08-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Almost a Member!

CBlack is your stock exhaust manifold seperate from the cat? Are you willing to sell it?
I was told it is a good thing to wrap or even ceramic coat the header. Our car create so much heat since they are super charged that its better to get that heat out through the exhaust. (hence keeping the engine bay cooler, ie. air intake, intercooler).
The one thing I know for a fact about adding the header with the high flow cat is that we lost 1/2psi. My entire power band moved from 1500-2000 to 3000. How about yours?
I'm keeping my stock exhaust manifold as I will swap it back when I sell my car in a year or two.

Not too sure about the power band cause I don't know much about it That's why I m here to seek advice
Old 08-19-2006, 11:44 AM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by CBlack
I'm keeping my stock exhaust manifold as I will swap it back when I sell my car in a year or two.

Not too sure about the power band cause I don't know much about it That's why I m here to seek advice
Oh ok. Just a quick question about your manifold. Is it seperate from the cat. If so can you tell if the primary tubes meet at the flange or do they just end before the flange. Are the connected like the Kleeman header. If you shine a flash light through the top of the exhaust manifold you can see what I am talking about.
I find it better to get the correct answers from Kleemann, about the Kleemann mods. Kleemann said the power band did move but it makes up for it in the higher rpms. It defiantly has improved. I was just curious about other Kleemann modded cars. I had mine dynoed the other day the gains were awesome.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:16 AM
Almost a Member!

Oh ok. Just a quick question about your manifold. Is it seperate from the cat. If so can you tell if the primary tubes meet at the flange or do they just end before the flange. Are the connected like the Kleeman header. If you shine a flash light through the top of the exhaust manifold you can see what I am talking about.
I find it better to get the correct answers from Kleemann, about the Kleemann mods. Kleemann said the power band did move but it makes up for it in the higher rpms. It defiantly has improved. I was just curious about other Kleemann modded cars. I had mine dynoed the other day the gains were awesome.
I think they are connected like the kleeman header. I haven't dyno my car yet but i feel the power when the rpm hits the 3k to 4k range.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:48 AM

Guys,

can anyone tell me if the 5-speed auto transmission on the stock SLK200 can take the higher 325Nm torque promised by the mod for Kleemann K2 Performance Kit and new Headers?

What is the maximum?

I heard that the 7Gtronic can tolerate up to 700Nm...