C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Problems with my Mercedes/MAF? Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 C320 S.E., 02 BMW 330XI, 00 4Runner
Problems with my Mercedes/MAF? Throttle Body

Alright guys. So last time my Mercedes was in the dealership they told me the Air Mass Meter was going bad, and I had a check engine code because of it. They wanted 7 hundred bucks to replace it. I pass on the getting rapped and went and purchased a brand new Bosch Air Mass Meter from Autozone for $249. I popped it in in about 10 minutes and everything worked fine. About two months later the alternator goes out and shortly thereafter the check engine light comes on again and the car starts stumbling again etc. like it did the first time. I took it into a shop I've dealt with and asked them to trouble shoot it. They ran all there tests and said it was the Air Mass Meter. To make a long story short I got a new one form Autozone under warranty and the car ran great again for several weeks.

Several weeks later the car started running like crap again and I pulled the Air Mass Meter to see if it was dirty and discovered that the shop had failed to reinstall the air filters.

Now the car is back in the shop I've got a third new Air Mass Meter from autozone, but the shop is telling me that I need a new Throttle Body?

Does this sound right?

Thanks,
Adam
Old 08-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
wow that sounds terrible.. I know if you replace the MAF, you generally need to reset all of the self adaption stuff. that could be a cause for some of your not-so-good performance.

not putting in your airfilters... I cant believe ANY shop would go and do that. That could go and cause somepretty serious problems. I mean, the air filters generally keep water and junk out of your engine.. if you got water up in through there, that could be a big reason your engine is stumbling :\ Im no expert, but this is just what i have come to learn reading these forums.

GL

-j0hn