C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Aggravated with Tranny

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Aggravated with Tranny

Hey guys, I have a new 06 C230 Sport Sedan with the 7G auto trans. I primarily drive it in the sport mode. I am having some difficulty launching the car from a dead stop (in the D position normally not floorboarded) where the car takes off and almost immediately upshifts bogging the car down. It's like the tranny is confused and isn't sure how to handle a normal takeoff. It can get scary because if you have to get out of oncoming traffic's way I have to punch it and damn it downshifts back to first and you'd better be paying attention cause at this point she's bringing it.

Also when I am easing into the garage (idling) just before I come to a complete stop, she downshifts just about stopping the car without the brakes.

Talk about PSYCHO..............................

I called the dealership and informed them of this problem and was told I was not the only complaint of this kind that they received. I was told to check back with them in two weeks to see if there was an update of some kind that would solve the problem.

BTW my car only has 850 miles on it.

Anybody had this trouble? I can only hope that being the dealer told me to check back in a couple of weeks that some type of fix is being devised.

This ain't right at all
firearm
Old 08-08-2006, 11:18 PM

I had the same issue with my car. I switched to C and it's been smooth since. I will switch back to S tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:35 AM

'05 C230 K SS
I'm used to a pop culture board, so reading the title of this post made me think you either had a tranny stalking you or that you were dating one. I was so disappointed to click on the topic only to find out that you were talking about a car! Go figure, I'm on a car board!

Sorry I'm not of any help. But let me bump this post for you so that many of the fine men of this board can help you out!
Old 08-09-2006, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 c230 v6 SS
Old 08-09-2006, 11:20 AM

I switch to S this morning and it didnt act the same as before, it shifts more aggresively like it should but much more smooth now than before. I'm very close to the end of the break in period and hopefully it will be even better after. For daily driving, trans behave better in C IMO and still have plenty of acceleration during take off.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 155 Posts
99 E320
firearm, have you tried the 'resetting' trick yet?
Old 08-11-2006, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by Jeanna230
I'm used to a pop culture board, so reading the title of this post made me think you either had a tranny stalking you or that you were dating one. I was so disappointed to click on the topic only to find out that you were talking about a car! Go figure, I'm on a car board!

Sorry I'm not of any help. But let me bump this post for you so that many of the fine men of this board can help you out!
lmao....

Firearm..........try resetting it. It helps a little. But yeah I feel your pain with the 7G, it's a love/hate relationship. Mine does it all the time......so I guess it's more a weekly drive/reset relationship.....
Old 08-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Almost a Member!

06 C230
I fixed the same problem in my car in this thread

This is a well known issue. Ask for a software upgrade unless your car was manufactured after 10/29/05, date they found the problem.

They should upgrade the soft without questions. It's just a matter of plugging the computer on the car. I bet less than 5 min.
Unfortunately MB likes to make things complicated.