C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

How often do you see modded C-classes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is @ Home
picture yourself in the parents position. if they have more money then they know what to do with and they want to make their child happy whos to tell them not to get them so and so?

say that a family is very well off and the parents knows that the child is responsible, is it better that the child gets a 1980s ****box while the parents all drive bentleys and rolls royces?

i'm given a car because i am responsible and because my parents can afford to. all they want to get me is a safe car that i am content with. i am forced to learn my lesson of making money and supporting it (ie gas, insurance, maintenance, etc). if that is being spoiled then i guess i am
Old 08-23-2006, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
Originally Posted by Tangerine
picture yourself in the parents position. if they have more money then they know what to do with and they want to make their child happy whos to tell them not to get them so and so?

say that a family is very well off and the parents knows that the child is responsible, is it better that the child gets a 1980s ****box while the parents all drive bentleys and rolls royces?

i'm given a car because i am responsible and because my parents can afford to. all they want to get me is a safe car that i am content with. i am forced to learn my lesson of making money and supporting it (ie gas, insurance, maintenance, etc). if that is being spoiled then i guess i am
I'd say that you are lucky. I'm sure you deserve the car. There are some kids out there who get nice cars, like benzes, BMW's, etc. and don't deserve it. They may do bad in school, do drugs, sneak out at night, and a whole slew of other things. What pisses me off is that some of those kids flaunt their cars when they didn't have to lift a finger for it. Now i bought my Benz, am paying for college, well 25% of it because of my scholarship , and everything else. And it is kinda hard. But, like i said, not all kids who get things from there parents are like that, there are a few exceptions.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:18 AM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
Originally Posted by Ryanr317
I'd say that you are lucky. I'm sure you deserve the car. There are some kids out there who get nice cars, like benzes, BMW's, etc. and don't deserve it. They may do bad in school, do drugs, sneak out at night, and a whole slew of other things. What pisses me off is that some of those kids flaunt their cars when they didn't have to lift a finger for it. Now i bought my Benz, am paying for college, well 25% of it because of my scholarship , and everything else. And it is kinda hard. But, like i said, not all kids who get things from there parents are like that, there are a few exceptions.

I think that it's proposterous to say that someone "deserves" or "does not deserve" something they have. I have a friend who thinks people don't "deserve" to inherit their families' wealth. He is struggling to pay for a cheap state college with scholarships while I am going to a private school and my parents are footing the entire bill up front. This sense of whether or not someone deserves what they have seems to be entirely relative to the possition of the person making the claim. In my opinion, what it all boils down to is that people realize life is unfair and instead of bettering themselves they waste time whining about how other people shouldn't have it any better than they do. Now, this isn't really directed at you, Ryan, because it sounds like you are putting out the effort to ensure a high standard of living for yourself. However, I am tired of a lot of people (not neccesarily in this thread or on this forum) *****ing about how everyone should be equal when their real motivation is greed and jealousy toward those who have.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
I think that it's proposterous to say that someone "deserves" or "does not deserve" something they have. I have a friend who thinks people don't "deserve" to inherit their families' wealth. He is struggling to pay for a cheap state college with scholarships while I am going to a private school and my parents are footing the entire bill up front. This sense of whether or not someone deserves what they have seems to be entirely relative to the possition of the person making the claim. In my opinion, what it all boils down to is that people realize life is unfair and instead of bettering themselves they waste time whining about how other people shouldn't have it any better than they do. Now, this isn't really directed at you, Ryan, because it sounds like you are putting out the effort to ensure a high standard of living for yourself. However, I am tired of a lot of people (not neccesarily in this thread or on this forum) *****ing about how everyone should be equal when their real motivation is greed and jealousy toward those who have.
You certainly do have a point. It is wrong for me to "judge" who deserves what and who does not. I am 18 and kinda just coming out into the "real world" realizing that life truly isn't fair, and that there is nothing i can do about it. It just really grinds my gears that i have to bust my butt to get what some people just need to open their mouth for. But life isn't fair. I'm getting used to it. Now, i do envy those who get what they want by doing nothing, but in a sense I don't. I think individuals who work for things look at them differently than those who just get those things. It is difficult to see your peers who seem to put little effor in many things they do, school, work, etc., and get the same things you have to bust your a** for. I totally understand where you are coming from, but i ask that you understand where i am coming from also.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
It's not the kids' fault. The parents are idiots for setting such a poor example.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Alright guys, everybody has given their opinions on the subject (that has clearly gone astray - partially my fault), but let's get back on the original topic.

Modded C Classes!
- Well, I'm sure the meet this coming weekend will have its fair share of C Classes. Obviously, pics will be involved (and I will be taking a lot for sure). So that'll prove a point that there are so many in the L.A. area, even if an individual person may not see them on a daily basis. That being said, just yesterday afternoon, I saw 2 C Class w203's pass by my building going North on Fairfax (near the Peterson Automotive Museum).

This was within a 15 minute span:
- One was a black 2005 with black rims/chrome lip - no drop
- The other was Silver chrome rims, possible drop.

There have been people that I've seen on the streets that I've given thumbs up to and talked to briefly. There are a lot of modded w203'S in the L.A. area that aren't on this forum (believe it or not). It's somewhat surprising because it's a wonder how they found their mods. One guy had an Eisenmann exhaust and rims w/ H&R cup kit. Another guy was LorinserCClass' wannabe twin (don't worry, E, his rims weren't anywhere near as nice as your's!). One came on these boards every now and then (more of a lurker), the other wasn't on here at all. I mention mbklasse or any other forum, nothing...LOL.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:24 PM

13 X3 28i M-Sport
I'm on both sides of this... I'm a college student and up until this year, yea I was one of those spoiled brat kids you guys are talking about...

The stealth, millenia, explorer sport and camaro were all paid for by my parents... I totalled two of them (bad weather, some bad decisions on my part as well) and the rest were traded in... The camaro was the final car they would put any money towards...

When things started to go wrong (as they often do on cameros), I decided that I needed a new car before I ended up paying a whole lot more for repairs... I did use the trade-in on it for my MB, but 100% of the payments are all me... Parents didn't lift a finger...

In hindsight, I know that if I would have continued to leech off the parents and allow them to pay for things, I wouldn't respect many things like I do now. I have learned respect, responsibility, priority and many other things just by having payments which I need to maintain on my own.

So my opinion is that sure parents who can afford it can buy their kids nice cars.... but unless they plan on supporting their kids financially for their entire lives, I think the ****box car idea is a good idea. Let the kid learn to obtain items of leisure on their own and let them work at it...

Its tough, but for me at least, I would have been the same spoiled brat. Totally necessary.

my two cents

EDIT: errr my bad, yea... back to the topic.

I took my car to the dealership today and they didn't know what to think of it.. apparently they had never seen a modded benz before

Last edited by Moze; 08-23-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Moze
I took my car to the dealership today and they didn't know what to think of it.. apparently they had never seen a modded benz before
That's awesome!...I can't even imagine a service advisor being surprised of seeing a modded benz.

When I pulled in for my Service A last week, all the service guys were commenting on my car, which I happened to pull up next to a modded S Class (not the new one). I could hear one of the valet guys saying, "those are the CLK DTM rims"...LOL. The guy who owned the S Class, walked by my car staring and asked me if it was my car? He gave me my props, said it's one of the nicest C's he's seen (although, I told him there are a ton more that are much nicer than mine) and walked to the rental pick-up area.

It's such a common thing here in L.A. It's so strange to have people come into town and be so amazed at how many gorgeous cars there are on the road on a daily basis (and modded, not just expensive). I guess it's one of those things that, being born and raised here, I've always taken for granted (until I started to meet more people from out of state that moved here). Just one of those reasons, like the song says, "I Love L.A."
Old 08-23-2006, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
S550, R350, GL550, ML63 AMG
Don't see too many well moded C's in the DC Metro Area. There's probably a hand full. We definitely get looks.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:26 AM

Is @ Home
i'm working at an internship near my car dealer and i usually swing by just to see the cars. since my dealership has both mercedes and bmws i saw abuot 2 modded 3 series and a really nice blacked out older style 7 series. on the other side where the mercedes are, the only modified ones are the ones with the chrome trims on the taillight/headlight and tints
Old 09-26-2006, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
i'm working at an internship near my car dealer and i usually swing by just to see the cars. since my dealership has both mercedes and bmws i saw abuot 2 modded 3 series and a really nice blacked out older style 7 series. on the other side where the mercedes are, the only modified ones are the ones with the chrome trims on the taillight/headlight and tints
Saw a nicely modded 7 series about a week ago in the San Francisco area.

Regarding the modded C Classes, I've seen quite a few recently with different assortments of unattractive (in my opinion) overly chromed wheels that are mini-monikers of the DUB wheels found on SUVs.

Seems like there are a lot of modded C Classes out there that are done in poor taste. Although I have to say, most of them on this forum are done relatively well.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:24 AM
skr

'10 GLK350 4matic/ '05 BMW e46/'20 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
I live in Bloomington, IL there are no modded benz's here. There are a lot of Benz's & BMW's, but no mods. The only vehicle that gets mods are trucks.

Also, I have an 8 year old daughter, and when she's ready to drive in 8 years, I plan on giving her my wife's '06 c230, as long as it holds up for that long. I have a 4 year old son as well, and he will probably get whatever I get after my lease expires on my '07 Avalanche.

If they show that they are responsible with their cars as well getting good grades, I can see myself getting them nice new cars as college graduation/wedding gifts. As a parent you want your child to be responsible adults, but what is the use of hoarding all your wealth until you die. You want your kids to have luxuries that you didn't have when you were there age. I think the way you raise your kids, and the values you instill in them is what is important. Blanket statements or preceptions that kids that drive nice cars are spoiled, are not always correct. There is a lot more involved with parenting than making your kids drive a ****box.

My $0.02
Old 09-26-2006, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Blake P
Here in Central California there are a lot of C's on the road, but not too many with mods. I've seen a lot with tinted windows (does that even count?), a handful with tasteless aftermarket wheels, a couple with spoilers, one with a grille, no exhausts, none lowered, and no body kits at all. When I lived in the Bay Area, it was very common to see lowered C's, nice custom wheels, body kits, etc. Driving around Southern California it seems modded C's outnumber stock ones!
Yep. I am also in central cali, Clovis to be exact. Mannnny c classes modded here.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by hss0p
Yep. I am also in central cali, Clovis to be exact. Mannnny c classes modded here.
You can't be serious. Unless you're talking about big chrome wheels and tints, I haven't seen any modded C's other than mine.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Very rare here in San Diego. The only one I've really seen in this neck of the woods is AdamVax's car. Crapload of stock ones rollin' around though.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
havent seen many in boston,
lots of modded bmws
Old 09-26-2006, 09:05 PM

You can't be serious. Unless you're talking about big chrome wheels and tints, I haven't seen any modded C's other than mine.
Yeah not heavily modded.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:27 AM

BMW 135i
Here in N.Y its really rare to find a Modded Benz, thats why i got one
Old 09-27-2006, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Blake, you're exactly right, all I see in Central California are modded C Classes with terrible looking chrome wheels and tint.

In fact, some of them are so bad, I personally wished they had stuck to stock.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
i got to skool in upstate ny and there are no benz' here. Theres one silver C240 silver and a profesor owns it. So no modded benz but in long island theres tons of benz' bimmers etc. I've seen usually Clk, S class modded but not C class. Just some with chrome rims but no kits. I've seen a C55 in my town back at home it was hot.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:45 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 c230 Kompressor Sport Sedan

wow, very well spoken. Glad you got a clean attitude about it. You're a rare breed. Keep up the modesty. Take care. Drive safe.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:14 AM

'13 250 Coupe
More modded bmw's then benzs. Only thing i have seen is after market rims but thats about it. I'll break that soon.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 199 Posts
2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
Originally Posted by STi_JL
i live in Van BC ...

i see a modded mercedes almost everyday.
modded C class .. the ratio would be 3/10 each day.
couple of my buddies all have c class / coupes.
Man, where do you hang out? Aside from the local MBW/MBK members, I've only seen maybe 3modded C-coupes. One black (lowered, black/gold rims), one white (C55 rims), and 1 silver (with a giant KOMPRESSOR sticker running the length of the car). And no, tint does not count.

There are tons of C-coupes around Vancouver, but I'd say 90% of them are stock.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
I've never seen a modded c-class in Michigan Maybe I see 1 modded BMW once a month or so. Very rare
Old 10-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 c230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
I never really noticed in the bay area 'til I got mine a few weeks ago and so far there's only been one. It was pretty modded out. What really got me appreciating the c-class was the one I saw in LA sitting on 19"'s with a big brake kit. I'm not really a big rim guy, but it definitely caught my attention.

I had modded my Rav4 and loved being the only one out there with that ride. Still looked stock. Hoping to do that with the c230 soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How often do you see modded C-classes?