C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Pulley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulley

Hmm...heard that the ASP pulley takes about 4 wks to make? what about the kleemann.....btw, beside buell..anyone had the asp?
Old 08-27-2002, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In order to keep prices at their absolute lowest no inventory is kept. The ASP pulleys where made exclusively for the forum as part of a group buy and are not sold through their normal channels. If you are in a hurry, quite possibly the Kleemann pulleys are available sooner.
Old 08-27-2002, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Re: Pulley

Originally posted by Xeon
Hmm...heard that the ASP pulley takes about 4 wks to make? what about the kleemann.....btw, beside buell..anyone had the asp?
I do - installed it 2 days ago... Weheee!
Old 08-27-2002, 10:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

KLEEMANN Pulley

KLEEMANN Alloy pulleys and Ring Style Pulleys are always in stock- ready for same day shipment. Why wait?
Old 08-27-2002, 10:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Re: Pulley

You sig says "waiting for your KLEEMANN pulley" - Im looking at over 20 of them at this moment, there is no need to wait.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hahhaa....vadim..how are they...

kleemann...i'll buy if you guys make your price more competitive, and i guess you didnt know that i waited even long for your alloy pulley in the past...
Old 08-27-2002, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Pulley

Originally posted by KLEEMANN

You sig says "waiting for your KLEEMANN pulley" - Im looking at over 20 of them at this moment, there is no need to wait.
A good salesman would say "only 20 left, get one before they are all gone!"
Old 08-28-2002, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

kleemann...i'll buy if you guys make your price more competitive, and i guess you didnt know that i waited even long for your alloy pulley in the past...
More competitive than what? We are already the best priced compared to the other "big boys". If you are suggesting that I need to be closer to ASP that day will never come.

Our system is complete- no need to special order or make trips for parts that arent included. Our price is based on production costs. The quality of the piece speaks for its self- ask anyone who uses it.

"and i guess you didnt know that i waited even long for your alloy pulley in the past... " What?
Old 08-28-2002, 09:27 AM

C230 K
KLEEMANN, do you still have the pulley special for $799 available at Evosport? Two more questions: is your pulley safe for the engine since it has no harmonic dampener and is the A/F ratio too lean after you install the pulley. I’ve been reading a lot of the pulley posts for the past months but did not find a definite answer for KLEEMAN pulleys on these topics. I’m not trying to put the KLEEMAN products done, I’m considering buying the pulley but I still have concerns. Please give us your opinion.

Thanks
Old 08-28-2002, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

kleemann....pls post a reply to totita's question...and also..i tried waiting for about..ermm..2 mths for my alloy pulley??
Old 08-28-2002, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 c230k
Re: Re: Re: Pulley

Originally posted by Buellwinkle

A good salesman would say "only 20 left, get one before they are all gone!"
A good salesman would say "sure I keep them in stock because they are so popular and no one likes to wait."
Old 08-28-2002, 05:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Chee, as you have noticed, the Alloy pulleys are now available. Email/call/IM me, and I'll get a set out to you.

Thanks

Ben
Old 08-28-2002, 10:21 PM

99' SLK 230 & 01' CLK 430
Guys,

DO NOT buy any pulley kit without the fuel regulator for 98-99 Slk 230.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

now what is the fuel regulator...cost?...man..this is getting more and more confusing
Old 08-28-2002, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's for a '98-'99 SLK, not your coupe.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by totita
KLEEMANN, do you still have the pulley special for $799 available at Evosport? Two more questions: is your pulley safe for the engine since it has no harmonic dampener and is the A/F ratio too lean after you install the pulley. I’ve been reading a lot of the pulley posts for the past months but did not find a definite answer for KLEEMAN pulleys on these topics. I’m not trying to put the KLEEMAN products done, I’m considering buying the pulley but I still have concerns. Please give us your opinion.

Thanks
To the best of my knowledge the special at EvoSport is over. Make contact with them, maybe they will do another special.

As for the damper issue, I have been over this 1,000 times: In a nutshell I have never experienced any failures of cranks, rods, bearings etc in over 4 years of producing alloy pulleys. AF ratio issue is easily solved with a DAS program to STAGE 2.

Xeon-

You didnt order the pulley from us directly- if you ordered from a dealer its their obligation to keep up with their orders.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:18 AM

As for the damper issue, I have been over this 1,000 times: In a nutshell I have never experienced any failures of cranks, rods, bearings etc in over 4 years of producing alloy pulleys. AF ratio issue is easily solved with a DAS program to STAGE 2.
Even if you have failures damper issue, do you really think that you would let us know about it? Come-on Kleemann, who are you fooling here ....lol.
As for A/F ratio issues? Yes, you have solved the A/F ratio problem with stage 2 but with a lost of 15-17 hp at the wheel so what is the point of install the pulley? I know that Mark Cumming car lost about 15 hp at the wheel and Buellwinkle car lost about 17 hp at the wheel when A/F ratio is drop to 12.5:1. Both of this cars is an 2002 C coupe. Please, don't just tell people to spend $$ to fix one thing but create an unwanted result (lost of hp). And another guy from the Bay Area with 2000 Slk 230 with Kleemann pulley and GIAC chip that drop the A/F ratio down to 12.5 and only got 176 hp gain at the wheel also !! that's a lost of 16 hp at the wheel. There's no win..win for the customers here. To get 192 hp and 215 lbs-ft. from the pulley as you advertised it then the car run lean (some lean and some got very lean) but to drop the A/F ratio to ideally 12.5-13.0 then they took a big lost in hp to where it not worthiest to spend the $$$$ to install the pulley. I'm glad that i have the 1999 slk that i installed the fuel regulator and drop my A/F ratio down to 13.5 (not too bad compared it to before the installation of fuel regulator) and only took a lost of 5 hp at the wheel from 192 hp when it was leaner. Don't take it personally, it just my opinion/facts of the true in tuning result...:>)))

Last edited by linh; 08-29-2002 at 04:10 AM.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

linh-

Never ceasing to amaze me-

If there were failures EVERYONE would know- news of this type travels fast, as everyone knows.

The cars dont loose power with the pulley and you know it. The simple fact is this: 12.5:1 AF is ideal for peak power production. PERIOD- look it up, ask a friend- whatever. SO.... If you LOOSE power with this AF ratio are you really having it??? I dont think so. No one has ever lost an engine (or even close) using the pulley WITH NO DAS MODS!

I think YOU should stop with your reactive posts. STOP trying to second guess tuners who have been in business for decades
Old 08-29-2002, 09:38 AM

C230 K
Kleeman, thanks for info you posted. One more question, would I experience the same A/F ratio problems if I install the ring instead of the pulley. Why the power increase is lower when using the ring versus the pulley? Is it because of the extra weight? I thought I read that the diameter is the same for both solutions.
Thanks a lot
Old 08-29-2002, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

considering all this fuel resonator issues....lean or mean issues....is there any good solution?
Old 08-29-2002, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
short answer - no...

well, stay stock and you should be ok.

Last edited by young; 08-29-2002 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by KLEEMANN
I think YOU should stop with your reactive posts. STOP trying to second guess tuners who have been in business for decades
Linh has been around for decades also.

BTW Brandon: Have you done a dyno with stage 2 to see a) the a/f ratio, b) the HP gain/loss? I know it's tough to get results comperable to us at sea level because altitude has it's effects on a/f ratio but at least you can note a delta between stock and stage 2. Also, since you had your car modded for a while, is there a gain/drop in power based on the ECU adapting to the additional boost?

Totita, I've seen both ring and alloy pulleys from Kleemann as well as the ASP pulley and they are all the identical diameter. The size is limited by obstructions near the pulley, namely the waterpump. All pulleys of the same diameter will generate the same boost creating the same a/f (good or bad). A heavier pulley consumes more power to spin so a lightweight alloy pulley would yield more HP. Kleemann claims 9hp more at the crank.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:47 AM

2002 C230 Coupe
Looks like people want more power from the engine but also want everything else intact when the car is modded.
Where is the magic spell to give me the miracle horsepower without resulting any possible harmful effect on the engine? I want it!
Old 08-29-2002, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by 20FHK02
Where is the magic spell to give me the miracle horsepower without resulting any possible harmful effect on the engine? I want it!
It's not a magic spell or that people want something for nothing. It's a matter of reducing risks were risks are reducable. The ECU adjusts A/F ratio ok for part throttle driving, it's only at full throttle that it's lean so the risks of overheating your heads or pinging are unfounded as I've experienced neither. But if I can have an ECU option set that puts my mind at ease why not do it. On the other hand I'm not unstatisfied with leaving it lean either. Keep in mind that Linh ran much leaner on his SLK than my coupe so his risk was greater. So I consider setting the fuel correctives to Stage 2 a reasonable "magic spell" until something better comes along, maybe Stage 1.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:28 PM

That's funny !!! I remember you used to say that the ECU will get adapts to the pulley and adjust itself. We know now, that's not true because you still have to reset the fuel stage on the post 2000 cars and installed fuel regulator on pre-2000 car. A couple of your customer are telling me that your pre-2000 pulley for the Slk are now included with the fuel regulator. I wonder, where did you got that idea to included the fuel regulator...lol? So don't think that some of us don't know anything. I admitted that i don't know much like you but what i know and said is base on the dyno result and that is what count..buddy !!!
Kleemann, your happy day are coming because i'm selling my Slk and i have no reason to be on this forum to keep you and other tuner on track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulley