C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Did Any Onez Car Get Keyed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cclass05
Did Any Onez Car Get Keyed

i left my car out side my house i went some where from 4pm to 8:30 i came back and some one did two lines on my rear door with a knife and a little a$$ line from the back to the front so pissed off right now the lil line can be fixed easy and u cant really see it when the sun hits it but the one on the door the two lines are deep

Will put pictures when i find my F***** battery for the camera i keep i lost the charger for the battery b4 and then i bought a new one and now i lost my battery damn bad luck i forgot where i put it I HATE THIS CAMERA battery thing WASTED 500$ for that piece of sh*t but its pretty good

Last edited by slammedcclass; 09-03-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I deleted your other two threads.
Triple posted.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:47 PM

cclass05
ye
Old 09-03-2006, 08:52 PM

05' C230 Kompressor SS Mars Red 6speed--1990 300D 5speed
yeah i got keyed acouple months ago i havent got it fixed yet im trying to find somewhere with a good price and that does a good job i was soooooooo pissed for so long!
Old 09-03-2006, 10:01 PM

Mercedes is gone physically, but still in my heart.
Unfortunatelyyy, I was keyed while my car was parked at work. Got a line across the driver's side door, not terrible but it seems like some people have some beef with us.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:08 PM

2013 c300 4matic, 2002 c240
Nothing so far. I have not pissed off anyone to a level of where they are keying my car....yet.

If it is a random person, this world sure has gone to crap.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:23 PM

C320 Coupe
i got my car keyed DEEP at the front fender, back trunk after i fight for a spot in a mall... then one time o went to the cottage and park my car for 2 days, came back and got a scartch...
Old 09-03-2006, 10:24 PM

Mercedes is gone physically, but still in my heart.
Originally Posted by pookie
Nothing so far. I have not pissed off anyone to a level of where they are keying my car....yet.

If it is a random person, this world sure has gone to crap.
Mine was completely random...
Old 09-03-2006, 10:55 PM

2006 c230
I had my Hood keyed in two spots, basically 2 months after taking it home. I had it repainted a total of 4 times by one shop who thought that they did a good job. I still havent paid for the crap they did. Needless to say a fifth trip to a proper painter will be needed.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:16 PM

Is @ Home
thats really messed up, i just don't see what can make a person vandalize another's property

good luck on fixing it and i would be pissed as hell as i have experienced my car being keyed a while back. it was a white car so it wasn't that noticible
Old 09-04-2006, 11:16 AM

13 X3 28i M-Sport
Hm... not sure if it was keyed, but I mistakenly parked in front of a pretty busy bar/club on a Friday and came back to find a 1.5-2ft hairline scratch on one of my doors... Possibly an accident while walking by but I was still damn pissed.

A few dings... A homeless person spit GUM into my moonroof on to my floormats and someone stuck gum on my fender...

That's about it so far.

Last edited by Moze; 09-04-2006 at 11:16 AM. Reason: fixing some typos
Old 09-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

I've had the tires slashed, car has been egged, keyed, damaged (four dents on the hood ) and finally someone threw gum into the car (taught me to keep my windows up even if im gone for 12 seconds) I just want to catch just one of those guys it would make my day!
Old 09-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
All sorts of crap like this has happened to my car (egged, spit on, keyed). I just dont get it. There are some peopleout there who just absolutely hate the MB logo or something.

It frustrates me just to think about it :\ My key scratch has stayed on my car. I want to fix it but it seems very expensive to do so. What are the long term effects? my scratch has gone under the clear coat and no metal is showing.

-j0hn
Old 09-04-2006, 04:21 PM

2006 c230
Unfortunately, I think that this is a trend with people that own Mercedes. I was Egged like 2 weeks after the car was keyed. I had no problem with the people in the apt complex. My Mercedes just happened to always be spotless and taken care of compared to other cars. If i had known that Benz owners are targetted like this i think i wouldve bought the Pontiac Solstice :P
Old 09-04-2006, 04:26 PM

cclass05
i am scared to repaint the rear door i know they will F**K up the paint and its goin to look even worse + the two lines they did are so perfect because they were done by a knife.

I am plannin to put Cameras and catch who it is what do you think?

I would Never mess with a Mercedes but one time me and my friend went to the mall I parked next to a Black CLK55 AMG when my friend opened the door he hit the CLK55 AMG and made a dent i was about to kill my car for doing this LoL
Old 09-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by TruTaing
All sorts of crap like this has happened to my car (egged, spit on, keyed). I just dont get it. There are some peopleout there who just absolutely hate the MB logo or something.

It frustrates me just to think about it :\ My key scratch has stayed on my car. I want to fix it but it seems very expensive to do so. What are the long term effects? my scratch has gone under the clear coat and no metal is showing.

-j0hn
If the scratch is very light then get the Mercedes Paint Cleaner ( I don't really know wat it is so i can't give a cheaper product) and that would get rid of the light scratches, other wise i really don't know what else to suggest except take it to a body shop (if its really that bad)
Old 09-05-2006, 12:17 AM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Ok, time to post my experiences with this stuff... So far to date my car had some sort of non-specific substance on the hood that looks like someone spilt a smoothie drink - came right off, so no big deal....

Then while driving home (windows open!!!) some kid threw out an ice cream cone from the window of ford expedition.... it hit the windshield and hood... went into the car a little on the leather as well -- I found all the spots and cleaned it up nice. As I drove past the car fuming mad the parents were looking and laughing. I'm a forgiving soul, and try not to hold a grudge...

- Eric
Old 09-06-2006, 04:51 PM

2006 C230 Sports Sedan with Comand MCS II
Thumbs up

When I had my 2002 Sport Coupe....Someone keyed the back passenger quater panel about 4 inches long and it went through the paint and the clear coat. Then someone threw a smoothie drink at my car and that got all over the hood of the car. Then I found a large ding in my drivers side door from some clown parking next to me in my work parking lot, but could not prove anything.

I am serious when I say no one has respect for other peoples property.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:23 PM

C32
Originally Posted by dalazernet
Ok, time to post my experiences with this stuff... So far to date my car had some sort of non-specific substance on the hood that looks like someone spilt a smoothie drink - came right off, so no big deal....

Then while driving home (windows open!!!) some kid threw out an ice cream cone from the window of ford expedition.... it hit the windshield and hood... went into the car a little on the leather as well -- I found all the spots and cleaned it up nice. As I drove past the car fuming mad the parents were looking and laughing. I'm a forgiving soul, and try not to hold a grudge...

- Eric
Return the favor by tossing a beer or coke can into the windshield, then slow down and laugh.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:46 PM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
Originally Posted by ultraseven
Return the favor by tossing a beer or coke can into the windshield, then slow down and laugh.
hmm, somehow I suspect throwing a beer can out of a car is NEVER a good idea...
Old 09-06-2006, 06:29 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
that doesn't sound too bad.

one of my friend's w209 CLK320 has been keyed on EVERY panel of the car. Someone must've hate him. I'm expecting his 997 turbo gonna get the same treatment some how...lol
Old 09-06-2006, 06:59 PM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
Originally Posted by slammedcclass
i left my car out side my house i went some where from 4pm to 8:30 i came back and some one did two lines on my rear door with a knife and a little a$$ line from the back to the front so pissed off right now the lil line can be fixed easy and u cant really see it when the sun hits it but the one on the door the two lines are deep

Will put pictures when i find my F***** battery for the camera i keep i lost the charger for the battery b4 and then i bought a new one and now i lost my battery damn bad luck i forgot where i put it I HATE THIS CAMERA battery thing WASTED 500$ for that piece of sh*t but its pretty good
After torturing my brain in an attempt to read and comprehend this post, I feel like keying his car too. (Not that I actually would, of course.)
Old 09-08-2006, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
After torturing my brain in an attempt to read and comprehend this post, I feel like keying his car too. (Not that I actually would, of course.)
Sometimes it's almost obvious that some of these keyings weren't random. Mercedes-Benz owners are coming more easily now since it's overly accessible.

But in all respects, be a nice person, do onto others as you would have others do onto you. And just be careful where you park your car. Much of the time, keying is random. But sometimes, you gotta think, is it worth it? That parking spot might've been rightfully yours, you waited, you flashed, you got it, but then someone behind you honks and complains that s/he also waited for that parking space even though you're quite sure that you were the one who waited for it first. Let it go, do it for the car. You never know, that person might just be upset enough to give you trouble.

Lots of poorly educated people out there, here, everywhere. Do your best to stay out of trouble. Sometimes, the valet parking is worth it, especially if you're afraid of someone vandalizing your car.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by slammedcclass
i am scared to repaint the rear door i know they will F**K up the paint and its goin to look even worse + the two lines they did are so perfect because they were done by a knife.

I am plannin to put Cameras and catch who it is what do you think?

I would Never mess with a Mercedes but one time me and my friend went to the mall I parked next to a Black CLK55 AMG when my friend opened the door he hit the CLK55 AMG and made a dent i was about to kill my car for doing this LoL
I really don't think that idea will work. Say someone totally random keyed your car, how will you recognize him/her even with his face on film?

I don't think that idea will work at all. I think your safest bet is to tie a trained guard dog to your car (literally). I'm sure you can obtain a dog trained specifically to guard a car. However, this might not be economically efficient since a trained guard dog usually costs as much as a small car (approximately $14k).
Old 09-08-2006, 11:56 AM

2006 c230
Instead of buying a guard dog, you could always get the option of a Trunk Monkey. They are all the new rage and will definately help where extra muscle is needed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Did Any Onez Car Get Keyed