C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

windshield fogging up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alabaster White C230K Grey Int. and 2003 C32 pewter/charcoal gray
windshield fogging up

just called up the dealer to find out if this is normal...cause i read from the board that some people had to replace a filter or something fron the center vent...anyways the service advisor said it is normal to have a little fogging because of the moisture from the a/c system? can somebody comment on this thanks...
Old 08-30-2002, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
there is a fix for it, that replaces the original plastic vent with a new one. Just call and say "the windshield is always getting this gunk on it, I have to clean it 3 times a week, I don't think i should have to do that, I understand there is a service bulletin about it, nand would like to get it fixed. Thats what MB-BOB told me
Old 08-30-2002, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is the fogging on the inside or outside of your window? With my replaced center vent the interior fogging problem is completely gone. On a hot day with the AC on and that vent open I do get a little condensation on the outside of the glass, easily solved by closing that vent. The interior fogging is of a chemical nature and doesn't go away when you close the vent and gets worse with time until you clean it. If you have that problem then have them look up TSBs to find out what the correct replacement part is. They are usually reluctant but will if you press them.
Old 08-30-2002, 03:14 PM

C240 2002
Help me understand!!!

How come the folks on this thread have the different tag lines under your user names, as follows:

Buellwinkle
MBWorld Fanatic!!

TimmyC230boy
MBworld Fanatic!!

c230_2k2
Almost a Member!

Did each of you add the tag lines or were they added because of the amount of communicating you do on this site? I'd just like to know if I need to do something special to evolve to a "Fanatic" [is that evolution. revolution or something else?] for example or whether it just happens. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2002, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Help me understand!!!

Originally posted by rgleason
How come the folks on this thread have the different tag lines under your user names, as follows:

Buellwinkle
MBWorld Fanatic!!

TimmyC230boy
MBworld Fanatic!!

c230_2k2
Almost a Member!

Did each of you add the tag lines or were they added because of the amount of communicating you do on this site? I'd just like to know if I need to do something special to evolve to a "Fanatic" [is that evolution. revolution or something else?] for example or whether it just happens. Thanks!
One thousand posts will get you Fanatic status. You will get other things for various numbers of posts.
Old 08-30-2002, 03:20 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Re: Help me understand!!!

Originally posted by rgleason
How come the folks on this thread have the different tag lines under your user names, Did each of you add the tag lines or were they added because of the amount of communicating you do on this site? I'd just like to know if I need to do something special to evolve to a "Fanatic" [is that evolution. revolution or something else?] for example or whether it just happens. Thanks!
rgleason, as your posting count increases, you will automatically advance from one tagline to another. When you get to 1000 posts you will become a "MBworld Fanatic." It's done by the website... individual members don't control it.
Old 08-30-2002, 03:59 PM

C240 2002
Thanks for your responses

I guess with 22 posts I have a long way to go.

Dick