C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

car still not ready, ?anybody have mfg damaged door handle?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Silver C320
car still not ready, ?anybody have mfg damaged door handle?

well, i was supposed to have pics of my new mods up this week, but i still haven't got my car back. sorry to anyone who i told i would get pics too, i'll have them soon.

the body shop said the found a manufactur defect in my C and it is getting fixed for free. they said the driver's side rear door handle was stuck, or sticking, or wouldn't open, something like that and they ordered my a new one. they called MB and MB told them it was happening to several 2001 C's. just thought id post this in case anyone else is having trouble with this.

also, are there any other free mfg fixes that i dont know about yet?? please post any because it looks like my car is going to be laid up another week and i would like to have them all done at the same time, if possible. thanks for all your help.
Old 08-31-2002, 04:48 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
useful information. thanks

post some picture of your car when u get it back yo.
Old 09-03-2002, 01:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 C240
today i actually realized that my passenger side front door handle was a little less smooth than the other ones. i guess i'll add that to my list.
Old 09-03-2002, 04:09 AM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
Originally posted by xc240x
today i actually realized that my passenger side front door handle was a little less smooth than the other ones. i guess i'll add that to my list.
There is a very simple fix for this. Grease. Thats what my dealer did with my door-handle. Greased it up and now it's silky-smooth.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 C240
ofcourse grease will fix that problem... i just think the dealer should do it... and they will... as soon as i decide to take it in
Old 09-03-2002, 04:40 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
Originally posted by xc240x
ofcourse grease will fix that problem... i just think the dealer should do it... and they will... as soon as i decide to take it in
Of course they should and will!
Old 09-03-2002, 05:08 PM

2002 C32
Re: car still not ready, ?anybody have mfg damaged door handle?

Originally posted by E_Corleone
well, i was supposed to have pics of my new mods up this week, but i still haven't got my car back. sorry to anyone who i told i would get pics too, i'll have them soon.

the body shop said the found a manufactur defect in my C and it is getting fixed for free. they said the driver's side rear door handle was stuck, or sticking, or wouldn't open, something like that and they ordered my a new one. they called MB and MB told them it was happening to several 2001 C's. just thought id post this in case anyone else is having trouble with this.

also, are there any other free mfg fixes that i dont know about yet?? please post any because it looks like my car is going to be laid up another week and i would like to have them all done at the same time, if possible. thanks for all your help.
Hi E_Corleone,

You can periodically check out this site for any major problems with your car: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/. As for any other free fixes, I do not know of any as of yet as I have yet to take in either my C240 or C32 in for service. It has been my experience in the past that minor fixes that do not affect the safety of the car, such as sofware updates, trim adjustments, etc., are usually done at the time you take your car in for service. As for the door handles, if they are not stock in North America, it usually takes about two weeks to obtain the parts from Germany.

Hope you get your car back soon. Moreover, hope they provided you with a nice loaner.

Regards
Franco