C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

order/build/delivery time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 C-Coupe
order/build/delivery time

I am planning to buy a c230K within the next couple of months.

The dealer called me today and I told her we plan to order in February with the expectation of a 6 to 8 week delivery. She said we would not get the car until May.

The sales pitch being, If we put the refundable deposit down this week we could change a February build to our spec and get it in March.

Seeing as I want to buy the car now and the deposit is refundable, I am amicable to the idea but having spoken to the significant other she is not.

My wife thinks the saleswoman is trying to drum up orders for this month and if they can change a February build now they can do it when we want to order in February.

So from your experiences if we order our car to spec in Feb when do think we will get it? Do you think this is a case of trying to get orders or looking out for the welfare or the customer?

Thanks

Nathan
Old 12-21-2001, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Six to 8 weeks is optimistic, IMO. I got my C240 in 2 months, but that's because my sales guy converted an order already in the system that they were going to use as a "floor" unit. This saved me about 2-3 weeks. 10-12 weeks is probably a safe bet unless there are some type of delays. She would probably rather give you a conservative expectation than promise you that you could have it in April. If you order in February, I think March delivery would be unlikely.
Old 12-21-2001, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car arrived at the dealer 75 days after it was ordered. But I think it was a car already allocted to them and they just speced it for me. Be aware that some dealers have sold their allocations of Coupes until May. It may be that your dealer has a few 1st quarter 2002 allocations left and is trying to help you and themselves. If that is the case, and they sell those cars between now and February when you order, then it might well be April or May before you get a car.