C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Car Wash Beware

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Coupe 2002
Unhappy Car Wash Beware

Just to let you know of my experience with my Toronto Area dealer. I had the car in for a service and when I picked it up they had washed the car, a common thing at a lot of dealers. The problem was that they drove the car after the sevice in the mud or down some road construction. I noticed the mud in the wheel wells. Once home and in the garage under lights I found scratches down the sides of the car. Moral here is , if you are as fussy as me make sure they don't wash your car when in for a service. My car gets hand washed and I use two mitts plus double the soap. One mitt does the top half to the belt line and the other for the lower end of the car with lots of water. Thats half the story. I also found out that they damaged the front bumper and had it repaired and very poorly with dirt and a bug splatter in the paint. I returned to the dealer and they admitted the damage and they aggreed to repair my bumper. I would not let them do the work and removed the bumper myself and had it repaired at a good shop. I then got a cheque for the cost of repainting and put the bumper back on myself. Not even a "Sorry" OH well, guess I have that off my chest now, hope no one out there has the same problem!!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:47 PM

C230K
dealer

Dude,

Sorry to hear what had happened to your ride.
This thread is quite useless unless you name which dealer.

Thanks

BTW try www.mbfanatics.org
Old 10-16-2006, 06:06 PM

AMG Grocery Getter
which dealer is this!? this just reminded me i forgot to tell the service advisor not to wash my car when i dropped off my car today i usually tell them not to wash it because after there wash i get swirl marks everywhere around my black car
Old 10-17-2006, 12:51 PM

C230 Coupe 2002
Smile Dealer?

To be fair, I didn't name the dealer because the work done was very good and done out of warranty. I was just trying to let people know about car washes by car jockeys. Not to many dealers with auto touchless car washes. I can say it was not a corporate dealer though and since getting my bumper repaired and paid for, I have also recieved an apoligy from the Dealer and feel satisfied.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
sorry to hear. you live and learn i guess.
better luck next time.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:27 AM

Car Wash Toronto

In town for a girls softball tournament. Most families were still waiting for rooms to be cleaned so they could check in at 8pm. Big rig gas station/car wash right outside our window meant air brakes all day and night. Thank heavens for iPhone app of ocean sounds to drown it out. Housekeeping never showed, called for towels, was told to find housekeepers myself to get some and they said the girl that should've cleaned our room was off that day so no one came. Stranger came in my room in the evening because they gave our room away on the second night (never gave us bill like we were checking out though until last night). Was told they would charge $20 less each night and bill next day under door only had it the second night. Total disaster. No one let their kids swim because pool was green and microscopic. Never again! Oh, breakfast was decent.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 Mercedes Benz C230 Coupe
Originally Posted by johnwillson05
In town for a girls softball tournament. Most families were still waiting for rooms to be cleaned so they could check in at 8pm. Big rig gas station/car wash right outside our window meant air brakes all day and night. Thank heavens for iPhone app of ocean sounds to drown it out. Housekeeping never showed, called for towels, was told to find housekeepers myself to get some and they said the girl that should've cleaned our room was off that day so no one came. Stranger came in my room in the evening because they gave our room away on the second night (never gave us bill like we were checking out though until last night). Was told they would charge $20 less each night and bill next day under door only had it the second night. Total disaster. No one let their kids swim because pool was green and microscopic. Never again! Oh, breakfast was decent.
Haha welcome to Toronto! Im guessing youre at the courtyard Marriott in Vaughan?

Whereabouts are you from?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Yep, that's Toronto for ya.