C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Who are regretful ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting for W204 Facelift
Who are regretful ?

Who is/are regretful who got C class coupe ?

let me explain clearly. is/are there anyone here coupe owners who asked him/herself why I got coupe instead of Saloon/sedan or any car in the market?

I am little nervous so regretful to get this car. I am engineer and to my smetric thinking only straight car -front and rear - real car. I am not coupe driver character. and useless for your family or friend to use it. and most important thing is second hand its price is very low and difficult to sell it.

Yes , I am regretful, this is first and last two door car in my life. I am waiting W204 Sedan impatiently !

is there any ?
Old 10-21-2006, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
I DID regret getting a coupe instead of a sedan b/c sedans have so many aftermarket parts and the coupes have none. but i still LOVE my coupe!
Old 10-21-2006, 09:50 AM

2002 C230 K, 6 speed
No regrets here. I love my coupe and I would have never went for a sedan. But then again I do not have kids yet, and I allways loved coupes. Past cars: 1993 Opel Astra GT( coupe), 1996 VW GTI, 1991 Eclipse.
I loved them all at theit times and I do not regre owning any of them.
As far as reliability the benz was the worth of them but I just love driving it and the way it looks.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:34 AM

C320 Coupe
im alright with the coupe, sure the aftermarket parts are so much less compare to the sedan, but it's MORE than other car that doesn't even have more than 1 or 2 body kit. i've done what i can do to my car to make it more aggressive, but i know it will be easier to get it done if i got a sedan. Anyways, i love hatchback/coupe more than sedan, dont' forget i can put snowboards and stuff in no problem
Old 10-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
at first i though i wanted a coupe...so when i went the stealership i looked at them. I sat in the drivers seat and liked it. I walked to the back and opened the hatch (there is the first problem). After the hatch was opened i looked in the car (from the back) and POOF! As if by magic, the front seat was right there! That convinced me otherwise! From the outside I think they look awesome though! I wish they made a C-coupe that wasn't a hatch back...maybe one styled a little closer to the clk...but then...why would anyone buy a clk...so i understand why they don't..anyway...rambling here....
Old 10-21-2006, 12:56 PM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
When I was car shopping, I compared the coupe and sedan side by side. I liked the front of the coupe more than the sedan (both sport versions), but when I went to the back, the rear end of the coupe just blew me away. Ulgiest rear I've ever seen! Thus, I ended up with the sedan. I would be regreting now if I had gotten the coupe.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Brunelleschi
at first i though i wanted a coupe...so when i went the stealership i looked at them. I sat in the drivers seat and liked it. I walked to the back and opened the hatch (there is the first problem). After the hatch was opened i looked in the car (from the back) and POOF! As if by magic, the front seat was right there! That convinced me otherwise! From the outside I think they look awesome though! I wish they made a C-coupe that wasn't a hatch back...maybe one styled a little closer to the clk...but then...why would anyone buy a clk...so i understand why they don't..anyway...rambling here....

Brunelleschi= Posts: 13,169

You are Master of Mercedes sir, and your answer is very acceptable.

Thank you
Old 10-21-2006, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
The coupe accommodates needs that my other vehicle's can't. Although my C coupe will comfortably seat 4, I have an E for when I need comfortable luxury. You can't really load 2 full backpacks and a dog in the back of my E or the MG's, and my truck just isn't comfortable on road trips. So, the coupe fits several niches.

No regrets.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:52 PM

But I explain important notice here ,

I think W203 is not changing soon ,for me it changed with 2005 model year, in that thread I show facelifted Saloon / sedan ( yes after facelift coupe is good more too )

I do not like too much both for pre-facelift.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by advans
b/c sedans
My car exactly is the same like yours

what does it means '' b/c sedans ''
Old 10-21-2006, 03:31 PM

Design issue;

if I am designer in Mercedes-Benz at C Class deparment (The World I have )

I had to work on back/ rear side too much. ( maybe we love CLK more because of this ) new slk back side coul adapte it i do not know but coming spy pics like this.

on this car with side view less diagonal cut (less angle to back from rear ) is good. but this prosesss must not do much like BMW compact perhaps we want only little clk

inside, panaroma sunroof ; wht open/close part is botom of the car ?
could be rear-up or back-up side , ther is more glass
Old 10-24-2006, 06:20 AM

2003 C230 coupe
I do a lot of cycling, so I needed a car that could hold a bike. FYI, my road bike will fit w/ the front wheel removed. The mountain bike will fit w/ the front wheel and seat post/ saddle removed. Just get a Q/R clamp for the post. With my coupe, the bike stays locked up, and out of the weather; plus, the clean lines aren't messed up by a roof or trunk rack. Best of all, long drives to races are a lot more entertaining!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:40 PM

12 BMW 535Xi; Retired 02 C230 Sport Coupe
My wife wanted the coupe to replace a bought-new 1987 190E. She has to park in a cramped underground garage so needed as short a MB as possible. Had to be sporty with good acceleration, had to carry four once in a while and had to have more room than a standard trunk. Used almost exclusively in the city. Cheaper price was also a factor.