C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Mb Dealer Scamms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k1 c320, 2k5 wrangler, cbr 929
Angry Mb Dealer Scamms

First mistake....getting my amp install at best buy...they dont know crap,they short out my "sams"...atleast they have insurance.Second mistake...getting it fix at a MB dealer(i think most of them are crooks).I brought the car in got it fixed,took it out and noticed that my emergency brake release lever had no tension.i checked my brake line and found out my emergency brake was disconnected frm the drum(on purpose)and tucked away.I remember my emergency was working b4 i brought in the car,even tho its an automatic i still use it when im parked on a hill at school.Little prob so i fixed it myself.i called them and told them what i assumed and they denied it...........Moral of the story is to be really careful cuz these little probs they inflict on ur MB is a big problem on ur wallet.

P.S
I thought this only happens in small shops but i guess i was wrong what scares me is that it happens more often in dealers then in small shops.

Last edited by bloodyhands; 10-24-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:43 PM

Mercedes GLK 350 2012
which dealer you brought your car to?

Long Island City? Bayside? Long Island? NYC?

I would like to know since I live in Queens.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by bloodyhands
First mistake....getting my amp install at best buy...they dont know crap,they short out my "sams"...atleast they have insurance.Second mistake...getting it fix at a MB dealer(i think most of them are crooks).I brought the car in got it fixed,took it out and noticed that my emergency brake release lever had no tension.i checked my brake line and found out my emergency brake was disconnected frm the drum(on purpose)and tucked away.I remember my emergency was working b4 i brought in the car,even tho its an automatic i still use it when im parked on a hill at school.Little prob so i fixed it myself.i called them and told them what i assumed and they denied it...........Moral of the story is to be really careful cuz these little probs they inflict on ur MB is a big problem on ur wallet.

P.S
I thought this only happens in small shops but i guess i was wrong what scares me is that it happens more often in dealers then in small shops.

Thats why you never own one of these without WARRENTY!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
that really sucks
Old 10-24-2006, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by samuel003
which dealer you brought your car to?

Long Island City? Bayside? Long Island? NYC?

I would like to know since I live in Queens.
MB of Devon in Pennsylvania but i think a majority of these dealers and small shops scam pple u just gotta becareful.luckily they only mess with something minor.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Why not call the service manager and have a polite chat with him or her? Sometimes a tech might forget a step and leave a cable disconnected. Most people want to do a good job, and will appreciate a fair critique of their work.

Why not try to resolve the problem with management, and if they fail, then put them on the "shifty sellers" list.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Moviela
Why not call the service manager and have a polite chat with him or her? Sometimes a tech might forget a step and leave a cable disconnected. Most people want to do a good job, and will appreciate a fair critique of their work.

Why not try to resolve the problem with management, and if they fail, then put them on the "shifty sellers" list.
Funny thing is that what they was trying to fix had nothing to do with the brakes and i bet if I fell for the scam and brought the car in to get that fix;they would've charge me like a $1000+

I feel sorry for females&seniors that own MBs and have no warranty and no knowledge of how a car works.