C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

making a CF Coupe lip ?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320 SC
making a CF Coupe lip ?!?

been on this forum for a while now, just haven't posted much

still after a good few months there still hasn't been much aftermarket stuff available for the coupe in terms of replica lips, etc ...

are most of the users here sedan drivers ?

going back to asia again this year, already made some stuff for my toy acura el =)

think it would be even worth while to make replica lips ? reason is i want to make a cf one.. opening a mold for a regular replica won't be worth it and i don't want it just wrapped... winters here in toronto are horrible, not the weather but the road conditions
Old 10-29-2006, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
hahah evilgabbie ive been WAITING for a replica any lip for the c coupes. but. no luck. most aftermarket parts are for the sedans. it's easier to mod a sedan than a coupe IMO. but again, i love my coupe!
Old 10-29-2006, 01:12 PM

C320 SC
why is it easier to mod a sedan ? cause of parts availability ?

hmph... haha at least i got another person that wants a replica part =)

maybe i will make 4, 1 for you, 1 for me and 2 extras for whatever
Old 10-29-2006, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
I was after a sponsor company to make a CF replica odf the brabus lip...but so far, he doesn't seem interested in my $$$. So I found a distributor that was willing to go for a group buy on the actual Brabus....but only one person chimed in. Hm...I'll take one of the 4
Old 10-29-2006, 09:08 PM

c230 Kompressor Coupe
We don't get much attention (coupes) mainly because they aren't high in sales so there isn't a real good reason to make a whole bunch of aftermarket products for the coupes. But I'm down for one of those lips.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
well the lips would be for pre-facelift coupes I suppose. also, if theres really no big diff from the real brabus lip. then people would not be interested. I hope this is the final deal for a cheaper brabus lip!

i'm def in. but again, I have a budget.!

btw, easy to mod sedans because sedans have "more things" to do and huge aftermarket parts. ie, front lips, spoilers, lights, etc.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by Rick
I was after a sponsor company to make a CF replica odf the brabus lip...but so far, he doesn't seem interested in my $$$. So I found a distributor that was willing to go for a group buy on the actual Brabus....but only one person chimed in. Hm...I'll take one of the 4
I believe you once contacted me and I mentioned to you we will probably do it eventually. You were asking for a "universal" lip that can fit the coupe, sedan and wagon, yet each car has a different bumper that is not possible to do. Somehow after I said that you are under the impression you money is no good?

Anyway, we will probably get to making a C230 carbon fiber front lip done within the next 2 months I hope. I have a special place in my heart for the Coupes, it was one of m y favorite cars I owned for some reason.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:35 AM

C320 SC
i see we do have some interest =)

i am leaving for china again on the 14th, already contacted the manufacturers there, they are actually good friends, my business partner in Toronto has a factory in china so basically they are all friends...

i should have an approximate cost for these things, the only thing is what type of material do you guys want...

personally i can care less, i just want a different look for the front and a M3 type spoiler in the back, MAYBE side skirts or flared bumper
Old 10-30-2006, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by evilgabbie
i see we do have some interest =)

i am leaving for china again on the 14th, already contacted the manufacturers there, they are actually good friends, my business partner in Toronto has a factory in china so basically they are all friends...

i should have an approximate cost for these things, the only thing is what type of material do you guys want...

personally i can care less, i just want a different look for the front and a M3 type spoiler in the back, MAYBE side skirts or flared bumper
whatever for the coupes! IM DOWN!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:24 AM

BMW 135i
Count me in for the CF lip im down. but lets see it happen
Old 10-30-2006, 10:34 AM

C320 Coupe
hey evilgabbie, when can i meet you in person? u work near where i live but i haven't seen you yet heh
Old 10-30-2006, 12:17 PM

C320 SC
just come by the store man !!!
Old 10-30-2006, 01:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
count me in for the lip.... I am definatly interested! (assuming the price is right)
Old 10-30-2006, 04:45 PM

C320 SC
wnat a grill ?
Old 10-30-2006, 04:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evilgabbie
wnat a grill ?
making a carbon fiber grill? with the star enlarged???
Old 10-30-2006, 05:35 PM

C320 SC
was thinking the CLK style Grill for the coupe
Old 10-30-2006, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
You know...it's funny. Brabus makes a urethane Pur-R-Rim lip spoiler that their site says will fit the coupe or the non-sport/AMG sedan and wagon (US wagons were all "sportwagons"). There's also a distributor that will paint and sell the urethane Pur-R-Rim lip and a Brabus bumper as a package deal for the sedan and wagon. Gee, a replica wouldn't be that difficult to form in CF. Exclusivity comes in the fact that it's CF...

You know Neal, there was a time when I supported you and your endeavors. But good things often pass like opportunities missed. Yeah, you gave me the impression that you don't want my money or my business. Frankly, that's fine with me.

Have fun in your Dodge.

Last edited by Rick; 10-30-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
You know...it's funny. Brabus makes a urethane Pur-R-Rim lip spoiler that their site says will fit the coupe or the non-sport/AMG sedan and wagon (US wagons were all "sportwagons"). There's also a distributor that will paint and sell the urethane Pur-R-Rim lip and a Brabus bumper as a package deal for the sedan and wagon. Gee, a replica wouldn't be that difficult to form in CF. Exclusivity comes in the fact that it's CF...

You know Neal, there was a time when I supported you and your endeavors. But good things often pass like opportunities missed. Yeah, you gave me the impression that you don't want my money or my business. Frankly, that's fine with me.

Have fun in your Dodge.

woah rick.

btw, it doesnt matter if its CF or not, but it would be great if we even have a lip.

also, a CLK style grill woule be nice. a slightly inlarged star with 3 slats. this has been done before, someone was selling this on ebay a while back. too bad the grill was damaged.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:56 PM

C320 SC
i am pretty sure it's gonna be a lip + grill combo then =)

shouldn't be too bad to have these guys make me 5 pieces, 1 for myself and 4 for you guys... hopefully i don't lose too much money.....

i thought the lip for the sedan only fits the sedan not the coupe ...

will share more info regarding the price + shipping etc. later when i know more details
Old 10-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!

Have fun in your Dodge.

HUH? Your whole post absolutely boggles my mind. I am not sure if it is your lack of knowledge on these parts or what. THERE IS NO BRABUS LIP THAT FITS THE C COUPE, SEDAN AND WAGON. Please show me the lip you are talking about. Each car has a different bumper, it is not possible for one to fit all. I keep explaining this to you and somehow you like to think of it as your money is no good. So now I will ask for about the 5th time, please show me a Brabus lip or ANY for that matter that fits a Coupe, Sedan and Wagon.

As far as you not supporting me, i actually do not mind that, because it customers like yourself that either never understand anything told to them, or they are never happy with what they get. So I actually am quite happy I do not have your support or business since i do hate and un-happy customer.

I would also not like to stoop down to your level and end this message by saying enjoy your 4cyl hatchback?
Old 10-30-2006, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
I would also not like to stoop down to your level and end this message by saying enjoy your 4cyl hatchback?
LOL Neelio had one before too.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320

Have fun in your Dodge.
It's so easy, why don't you make it and sell one to Neal instead? I'm sure he'll be glad to be your distributor.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:29 AM

C320 SC
wow =) getting a little out of hand here

maybe that's why the parts for coupe are so scarce...
Old 10-31-2006, 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
wow, I didnt know asking for a replica coupe lip can be so much beef.

umm... enjoy our coupes? without the lip? or NEAL CAN YOU JUST MAKE ONE FOR THE COUPES!
Old 10-31-2006, 02:48 PM

C320 SC

5 pieces got quotes @ 400 USD

the more the cheaper

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: making a CF Coupe lip ?!?