C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Alarm Problems with C320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E550 Convertible, 2009 Audi Q5 3.2
Alarm Problems with C320

Hi everyone, I started having a problem today. MB TeleAid has called me twice today letting me know the alarm went off on my wife's car. My wife told me the alarm went off this morning as she was unlocking / getting in the car (I did not receive a call this time). Later today, she went to go work out, I got a call from MB TeleAid letting me know the alarm went off. When my wife got home, I told her about the call. She said that was odd, she knew she locked the car because she left her purse and stuff in it. When she got to the car, the driver's door only was unlocked. Her key unlocks all four doors when the unlock button is pressed (only once). My key has always only unlocked the driver's door on the first press of the buton (all on the second press). I sat in the car and called TeleAid, they told me to manually lock and unlock the driver's door twice to reset the alarm system. Less than an hour later, we took the car to go to dinner and when I locked it using my key, the driving lights remained flashing instead of the customary once or twice it usually flashes to confirm locking. I turned around, unlocked the doors again and re-locked the car. It didn't keep flashing that time. A few minutes later I got a call from MB again informing me of an alarm activation. I told them what just happened and they said it must have been a "silent" alarm. She said if it continues to do this, I'll need to bring it in to be checked. Does anyone have any ideas? I am about 1800 miles from the next B service and would prefer not to go to the dealer until then. I am going to try a dealer about 60 miles away. I no longer have confidence in the local dealer's service dept. Thanks in advance, Philip