C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

How To Get My C200 Kompressor 7 Secs 0-100 Km/h?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Originally Posted by DamonAnthony
As best as I know a computer chip will require me to run premium unleaded at 98 octain to avoid pinging, however my partner drives the car 95% of the time and despite constant reminders, will only use standard unleaded (90 octain) so a chip can't really be used unless I want engine problems.
Better check your owners manual. Premium unleaded is required even if the car is stock. Standard unleaded is bad for any forced induction motor.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
O.K. First let me say sorry for doing my nut, I don't normally but It feels like unless you have 1000 posts you are a nobody....Ever walked to the shops in just a track suit with no jewellery, no wallet just cash and been ignored?

Here in Australia it is all trial and error for modifying this car because no one does it and therefore it is expensive!

In terms of budget, well It's a chip away thing, bit by bit, a 20k engine rebuild is out of the question but a bigger cooler today and a hi flow cat tommorow and so on is ok If that makes sense.

My problem Is this. I have had fast cars in the past, these were locally built. I spent good money with great advise and the best workmanship to achieve what I got. The reason is because people knew about the make of car and could advise me what to and what not to do. I would have spent double If I didn't have that advise. I don't want to trial and error a car and spend a packet on things if they dont need to be done, I'm sure everyone can understand.

My car runs stock standard at the moment, all It has fitted is CLK rims, the pulley kit has not yet been fitted. I have today agreed to do the diff conversion and at the same time an AMG exhaust, this will be done hopefully late Jan after x-mas hollidays.

BKLNC, O.K. between my work and my social circle I have driven and brought home for weekends, or been out in so many expensive, luxury, and exotic cars that a Honda would really be out of the question. I think you were meaning a W202 c36 when you said a C63? A C36 is worth AUD $30-45,000( Aus dollar worth around 80 cents U.S.). No offence to C36 owners but to me I see a 10 year old car with high millage, and because It offers 206kw of power, no doubt a few hard hitters. Over here a car Is repaired based on It's market value, for example I was driving a Ferrari 360 the other day that had a $180,000 insurance claim because of a serious accident but this was repaired because the car was insurered for $300,000. So I see an old thrashed car that will be a headache. If I had the money.........well I would buy a C32 AMG....these are worth $100,000+ Australian or around 80k+ U.S. Actually I think I would buy an E36 M3 just to hear it rev!
I did however buy a C200k 02 modell for $40k AUD and if i spend $5k and have it looking and performing how I want then I'm happy, but I dont want to spend $10+k and not achieve results.

If the car wasnt supercharged I would lay back and admit defeat, but the reality Is that there must be simple bolt on ways to get these cars to move, I just want to know the best method.

Once again sorry for doing my nut and thankyou for a serious response.

I think he meant to say C63 not C36. He is refering to the new C63 coming out
Old 12-20-2006, 09:47 PM

C200K W203
Originally Posted by STi_JL
Not sure about Eisenmann and all those HC brands,,,, since exaust dont do much as recall... i dont rely on them fo paying $1000... so i just got a magnaflow.... Remus and Borla could be a good price range aroudn 500CAD..
obviously payin for Brabus and Carlsson product all adds up...

well 98 octain is just way toooo much ... but 94 is perfect....sicne its legal to buy in gas stations.... but 98 is almost Jet fuel .. which is gonna be way to expensive even for a 1 time use... ur thinking at about 200bucks or more for a tanks probably... when i used to have a STI.. travelling from Canada to the States was a big difference gass grade drop from 94 to 91.. you can easily feel it if you love your car......

If your using drag or a one day head to head fun... Buy NOS Octane booster..proably 30dollars CAD for 3 bottles.. adds about 30hp just for that tank of gas.. .....Every pound on your car slows you down 0.1 secs..or less

tell u the truth.... stock is running about 9 secs 0-100K or less.....i calculatedd..

soo hmm .. u actualy dont need to add so much ...

PULLY, filter and exaust can get you to 7 secs...

i smokes a V6 mazda 6.. when he had a 1 sec start..and my car was stock...so. no need for so much product... my buddies C class is runnning a 7 with a ASP pulley and intake....
you calculated your 0 to 60 time? Dont trust what it saids in the brochures stock c200k runs like 11 to 12 secs 0 to 60 in realworld.

Anyhow a kleeman pulley is a good start (I have one too) a pulley and a ecu flash should get your car to above 200hp I presume that you have the older M111K engine since its a 02. The next sensible upgrade is the header. I got mine custom built in Bangkok designed by a firend of mine. Gains about 5hp on dyno all around and a 15 hp gain after 5500rpm! That should helps on your 7sec quest.

another recommended upgrade is head polishing. it costs me like USD120 for porting job here in Bangkok so its quite worth the money.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
Originally Posted by raklert
you calculated your 0 to 60 time? Dont trust what it saids in the brochures stock c200k runs like 11 to 12 secs 0 to 60 in realworld.

Anyhow a kleeman pulley is a good start (I have one too) a pulley and a ecu flash should get your car to above 200hp I presume that you have the older M111K engine since its a 02. The next sensible upgrade is the header. I got mine custom built in Bangkok designed by a firend of mine. Gains about 5hp on dyno all around and a 15 hp gain after 5500rpm! That should helps on your 7sec quest.

another recommended upgrade is head polishing. it costs me like USD120 for porting job here in Bangkok so its quite worth the money.
wonder if I do the same thing to c320, how fast will it run??
curious
should be under 6 seconds
Old 12-21-2006, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Originally Posted by raklert

Wow, I am fitting my Mopar 906 heads in my suitcase for my next trip to Bangkok. Shop in LA quoted me USD1800.00!

For Damon, I'd like to suggest nitrogen in your tyres (tires for our American friends) and over inflate 6 to 8 psi (.5 bar) to help in your quest for a 7 second 0-100Kmh. Good luck.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:13 PM
RES

2005 C55, 1988 260E, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado
Not sure about Eisenmann and all those HC brands,,,, since exaust dont do much as recall... i dont rely on them fo paying $1000... so i just got a magnaflow.... Remus and Borla could be a good price range aroudn 500CAD..
obviously payin for Brabus and Carlsson product all adds up...

well 98 octain is just way toooo much ... but 94 is perfect....sicne its legal to buy in gas stations.... but 98 is almost Jet fuel .. which is gonna be way to expensive even for a 1 time use... ur thinking at about 200bucks or more for a tanks probably... when i used to have a STI.. travelling from Canada to the States was a big difference gass grade drop from 94 to 91.. you can easily feel it if you love your car......

If your using drag or a one day head to head fun... Buy NOS Octane booster..proably 30dollars CAD for 3 bottles.. adds about 30hp just for that tank of gas.. .....Every pound on your car slows you down 0.1 secs..or less

tell u the truth.... stock is running about 9 secs 0-100K or less.....i calculatedd..

soo hmm .. u actualy dont need to add so much ...

PULLY, filter and exaust can get you to 7 secs...

i smokes a V6 mazda 6.. when he had a 1 sec start..and my car was stock...so. no need for so much product... my buddies C class is runnning a 7 with a ASP pulley and intake....
Jet Fuel is closer to diesel not regular gas, we run it in the diesel cars with a little tweeking. Don't try it in your car. Aviation gas at around 100 octaine runs about 30% more then auto gas and works ok. but could burn things up with to much use.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Almost a Member!

'07 c230
Get Exaust ... even ppl say it might not do much ...

it still does something .. stock pipe is 2.25 inches.. u can get a bigger pipe..
take out resonator. stright pipe it 3 inch. with a eisemenn catback or somthing ...

get lighter rims...
like that guy said.. every pound adds up to ur speed and time..
spare tire is very heavy. u can pull off 7 sec if ur car lose some weight...

u prolly live in the states so u ahve 91 octane max... i live in canada so we get 94. and thats a difference tooo..
u can get 93 octane at pilot where i live.
thats the only fuel i ever put in mine.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:01 AM

2003 Ford F350-gone 2002 Mercedes C200 Kompressor 1998 Suzuki Vitara 1995 Mercedes C180-sold
There are 3 types of unleaded here but 98 octain is the most expensive! It is reccomended by the fuel companies here but not all high octain fuels feel the same, allot of petrol doctoring happens here. I'm going to check the BP website now to see if this will be bad for the car or not.

Raklert, are your headders one off or can more be bought? Also have you had any hiccups since porting the head, such as engine management issues? I may have to invest in a G-tech because the car as is feels alot quicker than 11-12 on a cold day.

A good friend of mine had a 355 that he would take on the track. He mentioned to me something about nitrogen in his tyres for track days. I'm not too sure what it does though? Would it be suitable for day to day driving?

I would hate to think how much a C63 would cost too. How much are these cars in the U.S?
Old 02-28-2007, 09:19 PM

2014 C200 w204
My goal Is to achieve 0-100 kays in 7 sec's on my C200k. I have bought a Kleeman pulley kit but havn't had it fitted yet. My plans are as follows: Kleeman kit installed, K&N airfilter, 3.67 diff conversion from C180 and a good set of headders. In theory this should give me the times I'm looking for but the reallity is that I will prob only see 8 seconds. I have asked around about intercoolers and people have told me that with a factory intercooler should be sufficient. I have also heard that an exhaust will be a waste of money. I'm not keen on chipping the car as it is my partner who drives the car 95% and she wouldn't know how to put 98 octain fuel into the car, and I dont want it to ping. What does everyone recomend?
Is your red engine block peeled off ...(swollen) ?
Old 03-02-2007, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL203
Sprint Booster Group Buy

hey guys, im just trying to spread the word on this...

https://mbworld.org/forums/vendor-group-buys/184046-cks-performance-offering-sprint-booster-discount.html