C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

The most pathetic thing Ive seen...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 09:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG, Volvo S80T6
The most pathetic thing Ive seen...

tonight I saw a "modified" C coupe and was truly dissappointed. This one had taken the 0 off the 230 badge so it read C23. Clearly an upgraded exhaust, and nice (very nice) wheels. And of course..... the AMG badge. So so sad.. Not sure who they are trying to fool with that one. Anyone that doesnt know Mercedes wont know the fraud youre trying to pull off and anyone that does know mercedes will know you are a fraud. Just leave the badges alone... thats what distinguishes what you have. If you remove them totally, so be it... but to front by putting something that you dont have is pathetic. I guess it shouldnt really bother me cause its not my car and I dont know the person who owns it, but its just sad to see
Old 09-18-2002, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
i'm sorry.... i'll put that 0 back on! now where did i put it... (rummages thru renntech/kleemann/amg/mkb/lorinser/brabus badges) :o
Old 09-18-2002, 11:08 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2019 AMG GT63S, 2020 Ferrari 488 PISTA
I feel you. Its cool to debage your car. I think it looks cleaner. But to front like you have a C32 AMG ect. is just plain pathetic. If you want one, buy one. Dont front. I had a C230K W202 with full AMG C43 package. Bodykit, leather, exhaust, Ect. Everything except the V8. And I never once thought about putting a C43 sticker.
Old 09-18-2002, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo vr6 gti vw/ c230k
so if you put carlsson wheels and suspension on your car and you take the rear badges off and put a carlsson badge is that wrong????
Old 09-18-2002, 11:14 PM

turbo vr6 gti vw/ c230k
PS. the best thing i ever did was take those cheap lettering off the back of that car.... I think they put every letter in the alphabet on the back.... plus four of them were already loose... they should try putting some glue on the letters...
Old 09-19-2002, 12:40 AM

Nissan Sentra
Sounds like this person is having fun with their private property. It also sounds like someone's ego is so out of whack that they feel the need to jump on someone's back for dreaming about a time when they may actually have an AMG car. But none of you would ever be so judgemental would you?

I won't use the word pathetic, but it does come to mind.
Old 09-19-2002, 12:51 AM

2000 300m, 2003 C-Coupe
I have a friend who bought a new 1993 or so Nissan sentra 2dr white with black bumbers and molding. He removed all the badges and then added BMW badges on the trunk and hood. He also added BMW wheels. He thought about modifying the grill to look like a BMW grill, but never did it. He said in the first couple of years, he fooled hundreds of people that didn't really know cars too well. Many more took double-takes, and that was the entire intent of the rebaging, just to get a reaction. I must say it worked flawlessly.
Old 09-19-2002, 02:06 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
no comment on this topic

i have seen a lot and said a lot regarding this sort of things before. My car is half debadged (i took off the V6 kompressor)
Old 09-19-2002, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
so be it... but to front by putting something that you dont have is pathetic
But to front like you have a C32 AMG ect. is just plain pathetic
Didn't you guy's get the memo back in 1990 where we all decided to start saying "posing" instead of "fronting"?
Old 09-19-2002, 09:52 AM

Talking my thoughts

Let me stick my head in this fire.

First it was not my car...

I think cars start to take on the personalities of their owners, IMO if he wants to take off anything or add something, so what, I might not like it, I might get a laugh out of it, or I might think it¡¦s a good idea. Obviously the owner likes it or he would not have done it.

Modifying ones car is similar to the type of girls you go for, not everyone likes the same type, and there are all kinds to choose from, so to each his own. I go for the ¡§Britney¡¨ type personally. ƒº

One thing is certain we all have at least one thing in common; we all love our Mercedes... and i love this forum, it has been a great asset to me, i see posts like this one sometimes but i tend to shy away from posting on the flame channel.

I think I might know why he took off the "0" the 2002 has a 2,295-cc engine so basically its a 2.3

as for the AMG, well... like I said, if he likes it, good for him... most of us know that when a real one pulls up beside him, someone will be embarrassed if he tries to throw down¡K.

these are just my opinons, i am not saying anyone is wrong or right, just sharing my views... thanks everyone for the great forum. a lot of people who post here are very knowledgable and can be a great help.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Perhaps he had that AMG floormats, which would allow him to put on the AMG badge?? j/k

But to front like you have a C32 AMG ect. is just plain pathetic.
I don't think anyone that even knows what "AMG" is would confuse a C coupe with a C32.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
Re: my thoughts

Originally posted by christian655321
Let me stick my head in this fire.
First it was not my car...
darn straight!

I think cars start to take on the personalities of their owners, ... blah blah blah ... for the AMG, well... like I said, if he likes it, good for him... most of us know that when a real one pulls up beside him, someone will be embarrassed if he tries to throw down¡K.
yup... i drive a coupe but i've got the heart of an AMG!!! btw, is this like how some people say dogs sort of look like their owners?
http://www.digital-laughter.com/dogs.htm

these are just my opinons, i am not saying anyone is wrong or right, just sharing my views... thanks everyone for the great forum. a lot of people who post here are very knowledgable and can be a great help.
honk if you see me!
Old 09-19-2002, 04:34 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2019 AMG GT63S, 2020 Ferrari 488 PISTA
Dont worry turbovr6vw. What you put I dont think anyone would have a bad opinion on.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:26 PM

CLK 430 Coupe + MGF + 1980 Camaro
badge on or off what does it matter? Its the way you use it that counts! ... no point having a fast car if you dont use it...

BTW....I had the uk spec AMG evolution pack ( like c7 but with amg wheels and body kit) and it didnt say amg anywhere on the car?

.....so I drove it like there was going to be no tomorrow (is there a record for how long you can keep the little yellow triangle of restraint lit without turning it off?)....

still i am going to debage my clk...
Old 09-19-2002, 06:11 PM
TLP

Hello new to the boards but have strong fellings around this. My knowledge tends to lean towards BMWs because I have owned many, but I have read or heard or seen a thing or two about Mercs. AMG was once a tunning house was it not ? They sold pieces and parts and most of all badges ? Many of those bdges ended up on crappy oil burning 190 or old *** 280s why ? to support that company and its motorsports efforts. I would go so far as to say that its the badge and the people who "front" or lust after it that made the company what it was today. If it wasnt for the support of fans of mercedes and AMG and its efforts AMG would not be building C32s or anything else, they would be packiging springs, schocks, and exhausts and that oh so important badge and mailing it to you to glue on your Mercedes!

Oh and by the way it was not my car! Mines a AMG CLKS 2403 Kompressor, hey they had a sale!
Old 09-23-2002, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
Re: The most pathetic thing Ive seen...

Originally posted by vinmanc32
tonight I saw a "modified" C coupe and was truly dissappointed. This one had taken the 0 off the 230 badge so it read C23. Clearly an upgraded exhaust, and nice (very nice) wheels. And of course..... the AMG badge. So so sad.. Not sure who they are trying to fool with that one. Anyone that doesnt know Mercedes wont know the fraud youre trying to pull off and anyone that does know mercedes will know you are a fraud. ...
Buellwinkle saw a dealer in SoCal that was putting AMG badges on Coupes with AMG rims.

- BT