C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

What are things i should do when picking up my C Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
What are things i should do when picking up my C Coupe

After reading around in the forum I've learned alot (THANKS GUYS :-)

Anyhow, I should be picking up my c coupe by Fri or Sat. and I want to make sure I get the goodies from the dealer at pickup.

1) I know I want the Netherland alarm chirp.

2) what fuel settings do you guys recommend (I dont care about milege just performance...and we have 93+oct in TX)

3) I hear the horror stories of tinting. Should I get it done at the dealer (again in TX u dont want to go w/o tint for long)?

4) Should I get the factory cargo net? How is it? its only like $30+ from what I see on MB site.

5) Any other programming that should/need to be done? 1 touch up/down, auto lock/unlock, trunk open button remote?

Thanks all. Looking forward to it.
Old 09-23-2002, 12:16 PM

E350 Coupe (2010)
1) I know I want the Netherland alarm chirp.
You might get stupid looks on this one... most dealers are retards when it comes to the computer settings

2) what fuel settings do you guys recommend (I dont care about milege just performance...and we have 93+oct in TX)
Leave it alone and change things if you get a pulley

3) I hear the horror stories of tinting. Should I get it done at the dealer (again in TX u dont want to go w/o tint for long)?
if the dealer does it make sure they know to cover the rough part in the window lip.

4) Should I get the factory cargo net? How is it? its only like $30+ from what I see on MB site.
I have one ... sitting in the packaging in my trunk... THere are special clips for the Coupe... dont let MB tell you there are not!
I still have yet to get mine.

5) Any other programming that should/need to be done? 1 touch up/down, auto lock/unlock, trunk open button remote?
If you are going to add a subwoofer get the Volume adjustment turned off... it blows.
Old 09-23-2002, 12:22 PM

make sure you call your salesman and have him make the changes needed before you pick up your car. ie alarm chirp and or fuel settings, this can be done while they are prepping your car for pickup. get the tint done at a place where they will gurantee against scratches, let whoever does it know about the problem the car has and tell them you want a gurantee for life against this. i got it for 120.00 and a lifetime gaurantee against inside window scratching and the normal warrenty, plus i got this in writing. including labor. if your going to put stuff in the back, get the cargo net, stuff flys around back there... if you are getting a c230k there is no one touch button option for the sun roof, if your keys dont have the 4 button remote with trunk release, you will just have to complain later and get them under warrenty repair. (basically you will have to lie and say they are not working or somehow destroy them without physical damage.)

do not take delivery of the car if things you request are not complete. just tell them you will pick it up when the changes are made.

i was going to do the fuel settings thing but they is a lot of controversy still about if the settings are in american or euro octane numbers. so i left it alone.
Old 09-23-2002, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
Originally posted by Enze6997
I have one ... sitting in the packaging in my trunk... THere are special clips for the Coupe... dont let MB tell you there are not!
I still have yet to get mine.
There aren't special clips for the Coupe. It sounds like maybe your're having trouble with the expansion bolts that mount the clips to the sill. These are a pain in the butt to install. They don't screw into anything, they expand in the hole in the trim which prevents them from being pulled out. You have to press quite hard while turning to get them to expand properly, otherwise they slip right out.

I recommend the nets, I have both the floor and sill nets.

Cheers, BT
Old 09-23-2002, 12:43 PM

E350 Coupe (2010)
I was told by two dealers that there were other clips that are availble for the coupe and to wait and not try to force the mounting kit that comes with the cargo net into the current openings.
Old 09-23-2002, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
Originally posted by Enze6997
I was told by two dealers that there were other clips that are availble for the coupe and to wait and not try to force the mounting kit that comes with the cargo net into the current openings.
Oh, OK. Never mind then.

Post the part numbers when you receive them. I wasn't too thrilled with the expansion bolts - I haven't had any problems with them, but sometimes I worry that they'll pull out if there is something too heavy in there.

Cheers, BT
Old 09-23-2002, 01:10 PM

C230 coupe 6sp
If you are getting a 6sp make sure you drive it extensively before actually accepting it. If you get a "bad" one with the 1st to 2nd shift problem, they may never get it fixed, or like in my case, just tell you it is OK when it really shifts like crap. Take it on the Hwy and make sure it doesn't pull, etc. Just drive it first because it is a lot easier to get them to fix stuff before you give them the money than after
Old 09-23-2002, 01:41 PM

E350 Coupe (2010)
I think that net is crap anyway... the most wieght its supposed to support is like a gallon of milk or something lame like that. Not very well designed.