C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

EC and A/C and Heat Controls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Re: Re: temperature sensor

Originally posted by C230Jeff
Up near the sunroof button. One of the slotted ports is the microphone for the telephone/tele-aid, the other is the temperature sensor.
There's also another slotted port on the climate control panel itself where another sensor is located.
Old 11-23-2002, 10:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 CLK 500 cab
Originally posted by MarkL
... EC simply turns off the A/C compressor. True, in winter, you could leave EC engaged since you won't need the compressor IN GENERAL. But, the system will disengage the compressor anyway when it's really cold outside, and besides, leaving the compressor on helps w/ avoiding fogging the windshield in certain conditions. BTW, I believe the REST function has been deleted for 2003.
I'm bringing this thread back because I've noticed windshield fogging in my car with the AC turned off and I'm having a hard time understanding why MB couldn't have done better. This is the first car I've owned that would not let me drive in economy mode on a cool (50 F) dry day without fogging the windshield. It takes about five minutes from startup to begin fogging, and another couple of minutes for the fog to become a serious nuisance. The windshield clears pretty quickly if I turn on the AC. However, the point is that in cooler weather you should be able to save fuel by driving with the AC off. It's as if the recirculation button is permanently on, but that seems to work normally. Other comments in this thread suggest that the air supplied to the vents is picking up humidity. Does anyone know how?

So for 2003 the EC button has become AC OFF, which seems easier to understand. REST has disappeared from the printing on the button but the REST feature is still available by holding down the AC OFF button after switching off the engine.
Old 11-24-2002, 11:01 PM

C320
Originally posted by lars

So for 2003 the EC button has become AC OFF, which seems easier to understand. REST has disappeared from the printing on the button but the REST feature is still available by holding down the AC OFF button after switching off the engine.
Is the REST feature still available on the 2003 models, I thought that function was removed on the 2003 C Classes. I will give it a try on my 2003 C240 tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2002, 12:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 CLK 500 cab
My windshield fogging problem has cleared up. Maybe residual moisture from the AC inside the air system takes longer to evaporate than I am used to.
Old 11-26-2002, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
Originally posted by tommy
I think that there's something in the manual about it (if I were positive, I'd have to do my favorite response, RTFM! ), but it keeps air flowing through the ventilation system, which reduces the chance of mold /condensation occuring in the system.
There is something in the manual about this, but I can't remember if it states exactly why totally turned off isn't recommended. I think the reason to keep air circulating is to prevent carbon monoxide build-up (the manual also recommends only running recirc for short periods of time, probably for the same reason).

Cheers, BT