C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Service Visit thru MB of Alexandria VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Coupe (2010)
Service Visit thru MB of Alexandria VA

Well I just dropped my car off at Mercedes of Alexandria, VA and they use enterprise for loaners... so It was either a Mitsu Galant! LAME! or some other peice of crap... so I ended up paying 15 bones extra a day to get an Ford Explorer... which is still a POS but its better than the other sedans they had.

Issues in for....

1.) Service A
2.) 1st/2nd gear shifts like opening a rusty gate.
3.) Vibration in Driver door and Sunroof
4.) Static in CD playback
5.) Fogging windsheild TSB
6.) Cupholder button chrome peeled off.... replace.
7.) Tighten E-brake
8.) ESP / BAS Errors... accelerator gave out on me yesterday!!!
9.) Volume adjustment turned off request.
10.) Ordered Touch up paint and SL500 Ebrake pedal.
11.) No Phone message deletion.

Already getting some BS on items 3, 4, and 10.

3. Want me to come for another visit for the sunroof.
4. Said that my aftermarket sub voids the stereo warranty... that is such crap.
10. "We cant do that"

We'll see how the rest goes... I will post an update.
Old 09-20-2002, 10:26 AM

11' E-350 BlueTec
Hey, I bought my car from them and yes, the loaners suck!!!
I also paid 15 bucks to get a Grand Cherokee and I'm wondering if they are going to use MB loaners in the future (I hope so).
I've also experienced the ESP/BAS problem and I dropped the car there. They told me that a sensor was replaced but after 7 days I saw the same error message again. I dropped the car and now they requested a new sensor because they are in back order. I think they never replaced the other one. Maybe just cleaned and secured the connections. So I've to wait and see. I'm not very satisfied so far. After you get your car, please let me know your feelings.
By the way, where do you live? Maybe we are neighbors....
Old 09-20-2002, 10:43 AM

Same Here...

Still have bad taste in my mouth.

I am not going there nor to its corporate twin ASC on Glebes Rd.

I am taking mine to HBL in Tysons when the time come.

Peace
Old 09-20-2002, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Re: Same Here...

Originally posted by Benzer

Peace
Stay away from HBL! They are just a bunch of arrogant *****s. ASC - waaaay better. Or, you may try Euro Motorcars in Bethesda. The latter is said to provide MB loaners.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:14 AM

E350 Coupe (2010)
The said that they will have the MB loaners next quarter. I am going to take my car to annapolis MD for the rest of my service... that is where I bought my car... its far away but they really are on top of everything with the car.

If the ESP / BAS error comes back I am going to file a lemon lawsuit.

Screw having to accept some error message just becuase they cant fix it... its too dangerous to not have a reliable error checking in a Braking system.

Then I will buy a 240ZX or something new.

Last edited by Enze6997; 09-20-2002 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 VW GTI
i bought my car at euromotorcars in bethesda and taken it there twice for service. they're top notch; i've gotten ML320 and SLK230 loaners. highly recommended, even if includes a trek up to bethesda.
Old 09-20-2002, 01:40 PM

11' E-350 BlueTec
I'll try that next time. Is there any difference for customers that bought their cars there among the others?
Thanks,
Angel
Old 09-20-2002, 01:54 PM

E350 Coupe (2010)
They get paid by MB regaurdless of where you bought the ride!
Old 09-20-2002, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally posted by Enze6997
They get paid by MB regaurdless of where you bought the ride!
When I checked with MB they told me that dealers were highly encouraged to treat their MB customers with that respect and courtesy but that it wasn't required and is actually up to the dealer. Even so it states it in the literature and I know that the one in my town is an A** about it. Unless of course you're stupid enough to buy from him when you can drive about 150 miles and beat his price by $1000 on new 03's at 3 different dealerships. Its your choice at that time.

Last edited by amdeutsch; 09-20-2002 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-20-2002, 06:42 PM

g-wagon
Exclamation Re: Same Here...

Originally posted by Benzer

Peace

please refer to your owners manuel if in question what might
void a warranty. mercedes benz of north america will void a cars warranty on certain items if any non-factory items are installed into certain systems. example...after market stereo equipment can void the stereo system warranty and the key word is CAN void your stereo warranty
Old 09-20-2002, 06:48 PM

g-wagon
Re: Service Visit thru MB of Alexandria VA

Well I just dropped my car off at Mercedes of Alexandria, VA and they use enterprise for loaners... so It was either a Mitsu Galant! LAME! or some other peice of crap... so I ended up paying 15 bones extra a day to get an Ford Explorer... which is still a POS but its better than the other sedans they had.

Issues in for....

1.) Service A
2.) 1st/2nd gear shifts like opening a rusty gate.
3.) Vibration in Driver door and Sunroof
4.) Static in CD playback
5.) Fogging windsheild TSB
6.) Cupholder button chrome peeled off.... replace.
7.) Tighten E-brake
8.) ESP / BAS Errors... accelerator gave out on me yesterday!!!
9.) Volume adjustment turned off request.
10.) Ordered Touch up paint and SL500 Ebrake pedal.
11.) No Phone message deletion.

Already getting some BS on items 3, 4, and 10.

3. Want me to come for another visit for the sunroof.
4. Said that my aftermarket sub voids the stereo warranty... that is such crap.
10. "We cant do that"

We'll see how the rest goes... I will post an update.

esp/bas lights display is most likely the failure of the control module which is now being ordered vin specific.
also the no phone message is part of the programming of the interior C.A.N. module. It can not be erased.
Please refer to your owners manuel on items that can void your warranty on certain systems.
example: overside tires will mess up the esp/bas, transmission,
asr system etc etc. if a car arrives at the dealership with these issues and does have after market equipment and it is the cause of the failure you will be charged.
Old 09-20-2002, 06:53 PM

E350 Coupe (2010)
VERY HAPPY...

Just picked up my car.... Total time for a good amount of issue was less than a day.

Issues in for....

1.) Service A - DONE
2.) 1st/2nd gear shifts like opening a rusty gate. - Linkage adjusted = Much better.
3.) Vibration in Driver door and Sunroof - Drivers door DONE... Sun roof on next visit.
4.) Static in CD playback - They replaced the entire CD Changer.
5.) Fogging windsheild TSB - Parts on Order
6.) Cupholder button chrome peeled off.... replace. - DONE
7.) Tighten E-brake - DONE much better
8.) ESP / BAS Errors... accelerator gave out on me yesterday!!! - Parts on order... We'll see how this one goes...
9.) Volume adjustment turned off request. - DONE SO HAPPY
10.) Ordered Touch up paint and SL500 Ebrake pedal. - Ahhh forgot the touch up paint ... get it next time. SL pedal is nice
11.) No Phone message deletion. - Not addressed but I told them not to worry about it.

I gotta say that every problem I had was at the very least addressed and most if not all are in the works to be fixed. They seem to be very pro-active on making service a priority and I think you may want to give them another shot... Talk to their service manager Bill... He was very helpfull, and had a genuine concern for maintaining my satisfaction.

I showed him this thread actually so he knows about peoples problems with Alexandria. Hopefully it will help in making things better.

So all and all I am very happy with the service... (outside of the rental car! but that will be cool once they get the loaners)

Peace
Ensey
Old 09-20-2002, 06:55 PM

g-wagon
Re: Re: Same Here...

Originally posted by vadim
Stay away from HBL! They are just a bunch of arrogant *****s. ASC - waaaay better. Or, you may try Euro Motorcars in Bethesda. The latter is said to provide MB loaners.

HEADS UP ALL YOU PEOPLE. MB LOANER PROGRAM IS CHANGING AT ALL DEALERSHIPS. SO ENJOY WHILE U CAN.
Old 09-20-2002, 06:57 PM

E350 Coupe (2010)
Hey MBALEX2002

Richard from UK first posted the instructions:
in STAR Diagnosis
Control Units -> Info. and comms. -> ICM -> Control Unit Adaptations -> Version Coding -> Optional Equipment

In the optional equipment menu you can set the following
to present or not-present depending on what you have

AUDIO, Tele-aid, Cellular Telephone, Trip Computer, Navigation

Kleemann posted/confirmed the instructions later.
Old 09-20-2002, 06:59 PM

E350 Coupe (2010)
HEADS UP ALL YOU PEOPLE. MB LOANER PROGRAM IS CHANGING AT ALL DEALERSHIPS. SO ENJOY WHILE U CAN.

Whats changing? No more?
Old 09-21-2002, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ASC on glebe road has mb loaners... you just have to ask for them when you make your appoiintment..if you don't..then they give you enterprise... also it doesn't matter where you got the car from.. i got my car from b'more and serviced at ASC...and they gave me MB loaners....
Old 10-04-2002, 07:59 AM

g-wagon
The said that they will have the MB loaners next quarter. I am going to take my car to annapolis MD for the rest of my service... that is where I bought my car... its far away but they really are on top of everything with the car.

If the ESP / BAS error comes back I am going to file a lemon lawsuit.

Screw having to accept some error message just becuase they cant fix it... its too dangerous to not have a reliable error checking in a Braking system.

Then I will buy a 240ZX or something new.

IF ANYONE OUT THERE THINKS THEY CAN FIX THESE CARS BETTER PLEASE CALL 800-222-0100 AND ASK FOR TECH SERVICES. MAYBE YOUR INCREDIBLE INPUT WILL SPEED THINGS UP.
AND PLEASE KEEP IN MIND A LEMON LAW CONSISTS OF THIS AND ONLY THIS: THE SAME COMPLAINT TO A T THAT CAN NOT BE FIXED IN A 30 DAY PERIOD.
ALSO THE ESP/BAS IS A SECONDARY SYSTEM. THE PRIMARY BRAKING SYSTEM IS STILL WORKING FINE AND THE ABS IS STILL WORKING FINE. PLEASE CHECK THE FACTS.
Old 10-04-2002, 09:32 AM

E350 Coupe (2010)
ALSO THE ESP/BAS IS A SECONDARY SYSTEM. THE PRIMARY BRAKING SYSTEM IS STILL WORKING FINE AND THE ABS IS STILL WORKING FINE. PLEASE CHECK THE FACTS.
What happens when I try to sell this "lemon" and the interested party test drives my car and this secondary error message comes up and I am totaly ****ed. Then what I get a secodary resale value!

I expect more from MB than that.

... and stop typing in all caps
Old 10-04-2002, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Re: Re: Same Here...

Originally posted by vadim
Stay away from HBL! They are just a bunch of arrogant *****s.
Sorry to hear about your situation, it is quite unfortunate.

What is it about business owners in Tyson's Corner's thinking they are better than their customers? When will they, or any other business learn the basic rules of thumb with regards to treating their customers as if they are their only customer?

It always makes for a chuckle when minimum wage worker's in "chic" locations look at people like they are "not worthy". I say minimum wage worker's as a matter of fact. For example, stroll into the Tiffany's in Tyson's. The people there make peaunuts, and if you stroll in there with nothing less than a suit, you receive "the look".

I once lived in Old Town Alexandria, and often frequented Clyde's, in Tyson's Corners.. Yummy..
Old 10-04-2002, 10:23 AM

g-wagon
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Enze6997
What happens when I try to sell this "lemon" and the interested party test drives my car and this secondary error message comes up and I am totaly ****ed. Then what I get a secodary resale value!

I expect more from MB than that.

... and stop typing in all caps
[/Q

Sorry about that all caps thing. anyhow mb tells us the new cables that are being installed for the esp/bas will fix things. on the cars that have these new parts so far everything is ok. have not seen these cars back in service. the first repairs were brake light switches. this only repaired cars for serveral weeks. it really is a good story to learn and hear the process of fixes.

anyhow take care .
Old 10-04-2002, 10:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by MBALEX2002
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND A LEMON LAW CONSISTS OF THIS AND ONLY THIS: THE SAME COMPLAINT TO A T THAT CAN NOT BE FIXED IN A 30 DAY PERIOD.
First you say that the "No Phone" message cannot be erased when in fact it can using the Star diagnostic. Now you are saying that this is the "only" reason someone can file a lemon law when it's not. The laws do vary by state (are you an expert in this law for every state?). Here is a quote from some lemon law information that I have:
Most of the statutes contain a three or four prong definition of when a manufacturer has had a sufficient number of attempts to repair, entitling the consumer to a refund or a replacement. These are:
a. If the defect is a serious safety defect involving brakes steering, the manufacturer is granted one attempt to repair.
b.If the defect is a safety defect not involving a serious safety defect, the manufacturer has two attempts to repair.
c.For any other defect, the manufacturers are usually granted three or four chances to repair the same defect.
d.If at any time the vehicle is in the shop for a cumulative total of 30 days in a one year period, at least one of those days occurring in the first 12 months or 12,000 miles.

Last edited by revstriker; 10-04-2002 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:08 AM

g-wagon
Thank you for clearing that issue up. However my answer was in reference to an esp/bas light coming on twice. And what we both left out is the dealership taking someone out of a car just because the issues arent worth fixing because of time or whatever. But your feedback was worth reading. thank you.
Also the phone message display. My information came from our area mb rep/tech. He said it was not possible. We also have not found this prompt in STAR. Can you please tell where it can be found??
thanks
Old 10-04-2002, 11:30 AM

E350 Coupe (2010)
anyhow mb tells us the new cables that are being installed for the esp/bas will fix things. on the cars that have these new parts so far everything is ok. have not seen these cars back in service. the first repairs were brake light switches. this only repaired cars for serveral weeks. it really is a good story to learn and hear the process of fixes.

Well I am hoping it fixes it... :p
Old 10-04-2002, 11:57 AM

11' E-350 BlueTec
I just got my car from MB of Alexandria. For anyone interested in the part numbers here they are:

QTY Part# Description
1 203-540-47-33 ELEC.CABLE
3 001-546-99-41 CABLE CONNEC
1 006-989-84-85-10 ADHESIVE TAP

Usually these are on special order and takes 5 to 10 days for the dealership to get them.
Hope this helps!
Old 10-04-2002, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
Attn: amiras *Audio 10 manual file?

Hi
Could I get a copy of the file where you converted the German to Enlgish? Could you send it to jcbanville1@cs.com?

thanks a million!
Jim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Service Visit thru MB of Alexandria VA