C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Good mood!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11' E-350 BlueTec
Talking Good mood!

I'm in a really good mood. I just received my Audio 10 CD from Germany and also my pack of Zaino's products.
I'm really happy and now I've two new projects for the weekend !!!
Any recommendations besides the excelent document posted by Session?
How about Zaino? I've got very nice instructions from Justin but also I want to know if anyone has tried it lately and want to share their experiences.
Thanks a million!
And also I want to thank this forum for become my first resource to get MB's questions answered.
Keep up the good work guys !!!
Old 09-20-2002, 06:08 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
Regarding Zaino: Check the "Detailing and automotive care"-forum. Almost every aspect in car detailing is covered there!
Old 09-20-2002, 09:29 PM

Exclamation

Don't forget to visit the dealership and have the fiber loop reset.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:50 AM

11' E-350 BlueTec
Talking

Thanks for the replies.
I'm really satisfied with both products and also I want to thank all the people here, specially Session (great instructions) and JustinTW (excellent advise on Zaino).
Old 09-23-2002, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 VW GTI
have fun with your new audio 10; glad i could help.
Old 10-24-2002, 06:18 PM

C230 K Coupe
So I went to my service dept today and told them that my Audio 10 radio cuts in and out and I would like to have my fiber loop reset. They said they hadn't heard of that and didn't think that it was possible. The only thing they could do was replace all of the fiber optics in my car but that would take a couple of days. Does anyone have a suggestion or something that I could bring them to educate them on this process?
Old 10-24-2002, 09:32 PM
taylor192

Originally posted by who_dog
So I went to my service dept today and told them that my Audio 10 radio cuts in and out and I would like to have my fiber loop reset. They said they hadn't heard of that and didn't think that it was possible. The only thing they could do was replace all of the fiber optics in my car but that would take a couple of days. Does anyone have a suggestion or something that I could bring them to educate them on this process?
I know I'll have the same problem in 2 weeks... so can you post what a "fiber loop reset" is so I can explain it to the techs... my dealership is shared with a Volvo/Mazda dealership... so no doubts they won't know what I'm talking about (they didn't know how to reprogram the instrument cluster to get rid of the NO PHONE screen).
Old 10-24-2002, 11:06 PM

Thumbs up Fiber Loop

What I have is as follows;
J# 1 85MBZ13 Sound System Hours: Tech(s): 9372 Internal
run fiber loop on SDS for Becker CD changer installed by customer-no charge to customer
Requested
Preformed fiber optic change.

The work was done by Jackie Cooper in Tulsa OK (918-249-9393). Steve Williamson is our advisor.

Steve told me that the auto was set up on the Cassette and it had to be reset to accept the Becker CD. I have had no problems since I took it to the dealership.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:28 AM

C230 K Coupe
Re: Fiber Loop

Originally posted by Lockbuster
What I have is as follows;
J# 1 85MBZ13 Sound System Hours: Tech(s): 9372 Internal
run fiber loop on SDS for Becker CD changer installed by customer-no charge to customer Requested Preformed fiber optic change. Steve told me that the auto was set up on the Cassette and it had to be reset to accept the Becker CD.
Thanks for posting that.
How long did it take them? Did you have to leave it overnight?
Old 10-25-2002, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Seems that careful installation will allow you to forgo the reset. I didn't have any issues - same with Buel (if memory serves). Basically, don't fire the system up without having the fiber hooked up.

P
Old 10-25-2002, 01:03 AM

C230 K Coupe
Mine seems to be working fine, but I want to see the artist and song title in addition to the call letters, I think that would be cool
Old 10-25-2002, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by who_dog
Mine seems to be working fine, but I want to see the artist and song title in addition to the call letters, I think that would be cool
That would depend on how good your local stations are with RDS. In D.C. Metro area there are only 6 stations that display their names in RDS format, let alone artists/song names... I'm really skeptical about resetting the loop as a means to improve the functionality of RDS, but I have no facts to prove otherwise.. So, we'll see... And, BTW, my Audio 10 didn't require any action on dealer's part - worked fine right away. I did disconnect the power, however - and strongly recommend to do so to anyone who is about to install a new head unit.
Old 10-25-2002, 07:20 AM

Originally posted by peet
Seems that careful installation will allow you to forgo the reset. I didn't have any issues - same with Buel (if memory serves). Basically, don't fire the system up without having the fiber hooked up.

P
Buel is the one that told me about having the fiber reset, If you read my last thread the dealership even told me that the loop had to be reset. The vehicle computer is looking for the cassette and not the audio 10. The dealership even agreed that it had to be reset.
It is really hard to screw up a simple remove and replace if you are just unplugging and plugging.
Old 10-25-2002, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
I'm bringing my car in next week for a jammed CD changer. I'll try to convince them to try to reset the loop while they're at it. I can't wait to see the dumbfounded on his face.

I attempted to Zaino my car a few days ago. I washed with Dawn, clayed, washed again. Dryed it with a towel. Pulled it into the garage and use compressed air to blow as much water as I could out from under the mouldings and crevices. By this time I only had less than 1 hour before I had to leave for an appointment. I only got 1 coat of Z2+ZFX on. The frustrating thing was it's hard to see which areas have been covered. The instructions say to use a dime-sized drop for a 2' x 2' area. Well, I felt like that dime size drop was only covering a 1' x 1' area. I knew I wouldn't have time for another coat so I didn't want to miss any spots. Anyway, even with that one coat it looks like I did ok. If I have time this weekend I'll try to add a few more coats after a quick non-Dawn wash.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
I removed the factory tape player and replaced with Audio 10 CD. I also installed the MB 6 CD changer. I never had anything reset and the audio system has worked perfectly for months. I also did not disconnect power at the battery or fusebox.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by avlis
I'm bringing my car in next week for a jammed CD changer. I'll try to convince them to try to reset the loop while they're at it. I can't wait to see the dumbfounded on his face.

I attempted to Zaino my car a few days ago. I washed with Dawn, clayed, washed again. Dryed it with a towel. Pulled it into the garage and use compressed air to blow as much water as I could out from under the mouldings and crevices. By this time I only had less than 1 hour before I had to leave for an appointment. I only got 1 coat of Z2+ZFX on. The frustrating thing was it's hard to see which areas have been covered. The instructions say to use a dime-sized drop for a 2' x 2' area. Well, I felt like that dime size drop was only covering a 1' x 1' area. I knew I wouldn't have time for another coat so I didn't want to miss any spots. Anyway, even with that one coat it looks like I did ok. If I have time this weekend I'll try to add a few more coats after a quick non-Dawn wash.
It is hard to see when you put it on thin, but this is all you need. All you need to do is just wipe it on, so just work in sections. With each coat, you will see the shine getting deeper.

As for instructions for Zaino, their website contains a very good detailed instruction on how to use their products. www.zainobros.com
Old 10-25-2002, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
a very very thin coat is all you need. i made the mistake of using a relatively thick coat of z2 at first, and was burning thru the z2 bottle.

i vaguely remember sal saying that he could get like 25 coats out of one bottle while i got like 8...
Old 10-25-2002, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
Well, I used a little over 1oz for one coat. I made the mistake of mixing up another 1oz batch of Z2+ZFX before I looked at my watch and realized I wouldn't have time to apply it. 12 hours later and the stuff's wasted. 1oz down the drain.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by avlis
Well, I used a little over 1oz for one coat. I made the mistake of mixing up another 1oz batch of Z2+ZFX before I looked at my watch and realized I wouldn't have time to apply it. 12 hours later and the stuff's wasted. 1oz down the drain.
ZFX is obviously a plot by Sal to get us to waste our Z2, and therefore have to buy more.
Old 10-25-2002, 04:41 PM

E320 CDI Elegance auto
Hi

If you apply Z1 & then Z2 and then leave it a week before adding another coat, do you apply the Z1 again or will this take off the previous coat.
Old 10-25-2002, 05:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by Apollo
Hi

If you apply Z1 & then Z2 and then leave it a week before adding another coat, do you apply the Z1 again or will this take off the previous coat.
No, you just need to wash and then apply the Z2.