C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Silver/Red rear signals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 06:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E53
Silver/Red rear signals

just a minor mod. it makes the rear tails a bit cleaner.
Attached Thumbnails Silver/Red rear signals-before-red.jpg   Silver/Red rear signals-silver.jpg   Silver/Red rear signals-after-red.jpg   Silver/Red rear signals-fff.jpg   Silver/Red rear signals-sss.jpg  

Old 02-28-2007, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
the car is looking good!
where did you order the bulbs from?
Old 02-28-2007, 09:49 PM

E53
Originally Posted by rlee02135
the car is looking good!
where did you order the bulbs from?
www.autolumination.com

fast shipping, great product. i cant find the red 7507 in silver coating anywhere else, this place got it all
Old 03-01-2007, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS
Originally Posted by sanf
www.autolumination.com

fast shipping, great product. i cant find the red 7507 in silver coating anywhere else, this place got it all
holy crap. I owe you sanf. I finally found the 39mm sized Festoon Bulb for my frickin license plate lights. Thank you very very much. And also now I found my 7507 bulb too!! I was going through eBay but the guy didn't have these and hasnt responded to my messages. Thanks a lot. great prices here too!

edit:
hmm...someone told me to try the 44mm just i ncase the 39mm won't fit...so I ordered the 44mm and 39mm....will tell you guys which one fit (i'll be keeping the "Anyone seen the Lexus license plate lights" thread updated on how these bulbs go...including the chrome ambers)

Last edited by c230K415; 03-01-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:25 AM

E53
Originally Posted by c230K415
holy crap. I owe you sanf. I finally found the 39mm sized Festoon Bulb for my frickin license plate lights. Thank you very very much. And also now I found my 7507 bulb too!! I was going through eBay but the guy didn't have these and hasnt responded to my messages. Thanks a lot. great prices here too!

edit:
hmm...someone told me to try the 44mm just i ncase the 39mm won't fit...so I ordered the 44mm and 39mm....will tell you guys which one fit (i'll be keeping the "Anyone seen the Lexus license plate lights" thread updated on how these bulbs go...including the chrome ambers)
np, you got it.. let me know how it turns out. I am interested on the license plate leds as well. please post pics too...
Old 03-01-2007, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
whats the Part number on the Bulb you used? Sanf ? i had some LEDs on the lisense plate but it burnt out.. am also looking for a RED bulb for my Brake light.. so the lights can be MORE Red mines looks kind of red/pink lol
Old 03-01-2007, 09:41 AM

E53
Originally Posted by WaveyKat
whats the Part number on the Bulb you used? Sanf ? i had some LEDs on the lisense plate but it burnt out.. am also looking for a RED bulb for my Brake light.. so the lights can be MORE Red mines looks kind of red/pink lol
hey man, it doesnt blink true red...it's almost like red/orange/pink mix. but its more red than amber for sure. I didn't get the license plate led yet but the rear signal bulbs I got is 7507.

http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm

go all the way down to "European Bulbs" - "Silver Chrome" . there are 4 different colors with silver coating
Old 03-01-2007, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 E550 4Matic

edit:
I got the festoon bulbs from them and they burnt out in the first week. I think that the wattage on them is to high. They looked great when they were on the car.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:54 AM

w211 e500

edit:
Same thing man, just ordered my turns & fogs, couldn't find them on ebay to save my life. 7 bucks, shipped next day, Thanks for the link man !!!
Old 03-01-2007, 11:19 AM

AMG GTS
Hey guys...I ordered the Xenon festoon bulb in 39mm and 44mm sizes. Going to fit them on and see which one fits on and use the spare one in the vanity mirror light or something. these are not LED's since we would get the error message on the dash. They are just somewhat halogen/xenon-gas powered festoon's. I will update you guys on how these bulbs are...along with follow-up's if these burn out quick or what not. They say they ship within 36 hours of ordering. So hopefully I will get them this week. I also ordered the Silver/Chrome amber turn signals in 1157 (for the front) and 7507 (for the rear).
Old 03-01-2007, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
you didnt get the front blinkers?

edit: what an attractive website
Old 03-01-2007, 12:31 PM

AMG GTS
Originally Posted by 14cue
you didnt get the front blinkers?

edit: what an attractive website
I did order the front blinkers. They are the 1157's I mentioned above your post...they said these should fit the stock 2257's I have on right now (I believe 2157 is what I have right now...not sure)
Old 03-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
autolumination is a great website and I've bought tons of bulbs from them.

but, I'm really picky when it comes to my turn signal bulbs. I want them to light up as bright and as amber as stock. I tried the full silver bulb one (that blinks amber) and the half-silver half amber ones on autolumination. they're "ok," but if you're picky, they're not as bright nor are they as amber.

on both my cars I've used two bulbs that aren't silver and still have a somewhat orange hue (at times) or even blue hue at times, but the light output is very bright and very amber and looks just like stock. I've used both the Sylvania Silverstars and the Philips Silvervisions. the only downside is that they're significantly more expensive than autolumination. I have heard good things and do want to try out the stealthbulbs next though...

Last edited by nlpamg; 03-01-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:43 PM

w211 e500
Originally Posted by nlpamg
autolumination is a great website and I've bought tons of bulbs from them.

but, I'm really picky when it comes to my turn signal bulbs. I want them to light up as bright and as amber as stock. I tried the full silver bulb one (that blinks amber) and the half-silver half amber ones on autolumination. they're "ok," but if you're picky, they're not as bright nor are they as amber.

on both my cars I've used two bulbs that aren't silver and still have a somewhat orange hue (at times) or even blue hue at times, but the light output is very bright and very amber and looks just like stock. I've used both the Sylvania Silverstars and the Philips Silvervisions. the only downside is that they're significantly more expensive than autolumination. I have heard good things and do want to try out the stealthbulbs next though...

stealthbulbs ? Explain more. What are those ?
Old 03-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by outaurleague
stealthbulbs ? Explain more. What are those ?
they're a brand of bulb. they're essentially the same thing, silver bulbs that blink amber. a couple of our sponsors carry them, www.jlevisw.com and www.stealthauto.com

they're A LOT more than the autolumination ones and even more than the silverstars and silvervisions, but I've heard nothing but good things about them...

*edit* you guys could always also do the LED bulb mod for the rear tails that Eric (E1000) posted a while back... I've been meaning to try that in the rear but have just been too lazy.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:11 PM

w211 e500
Originally Posted by nlpamg
they're a brand of bulb. they're essentially the same thing, silver bulbs that blink amber. a couple of our sponsors carry them, www.jlevisw.com and www.stealthauto.com

they're A LOT more than the autolumination ones and even more than the silverstars and silvervisions, but I've heard nothing but good things about them...

*edit* you guys could always also do the LED bulb mod for the rear tails that Eric (E1000) posted a while back... I've been meaning to try that in the rear but have just been too lazy.
Your right, i didnt even think about that, I did just order some LED sl tails smoked. I could just do a led blinker and i already have the white/blue reverse. do you think autolumination will have that 7507 in an led is the kicker ?