C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

CLutch problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by eunosracr
They sure do. Thats where the S gets most of its use. They have a professional drving course which I took down in Homestaed Speed way. Super fun.

Drex I never event noticed you had an Mx6. I myself come from a 96 Probe GT, same motor as the Mx6. Mine was highly modified.I had a custom turbo kit installed. The just about laughed at me at the dealership when i blew apart the transaxle and tried to sneak it in as a warranty repair. Ahhh goood times.
Oh, that's right. I've actually heard about the one at Homestaed! I completely forgot though.

Yes-sir! Former KL-03 owner (I was gonna update to the KLZE before I sold the car, but decided not to because I was scared of the reliability if something went wrong). Did you get the Knight's engineering kit?...LOL. Yeah, I sold my car before they had a bulletproof turbo kit available for the V6. I miss that car a lot, but definitley don't miss the problems (especially with the damn MAF - replaced 6 times for me). As you can see in my pics, my mx-6 looked the part (TC spoiler kit, Erebuni GT wing, JDM projector headlights/taillights (only one in North America - that I knew of). but definitely didn't have enough under the engine, just hot shots cold air and full custom cat-back Sebring exhaust. Sold it to someone who still owns it and has 2 others.

Wow, so another one! I've met two former Probe owners and 2 former mx-6 owners. Granted, you've got the new v6 and I've got the "supposedly" untunable m271 (which isn't very different from the mx-6...LOL...until, my car is done that is).
Old 03-04-2007, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by drexappeal
Oh, that's right. I've actually heard about the one at Homestaed! I completely forgot though.

Yes-sir! Former KL-03 owner (I was gonna update to the KLZE before I sold the car, but decided not to because I was scared of the reliability if something went wrong). Did you get the Knight's engineering kit?...LOL. Yeah, I sold my car before they had a bulletproof turbo kit available for the V6. I miss that car a lot, but definitley don't miss the problems (especially with the damn MAF - replaced 6 times for me). As you can see in my pics, my mx-6 looked the part (TC spoiler kit, Erebuni GT wing, JDM projector headlights/taillights (only one in North America - that I knew of). but definitely didn't have enough under the engine, just hot shots cold air and full custom cat-back Sebring exhaust. Sold it to someone who still owns it and has 2 others.

Wow, so another one! I've met two former Probe owners and 2 former mx-6 owners. Granted, you've got the new v6 and I've got the "supposedly" untunable m271 (which isn't very different from the mx-6...LOL...until, my car is done that is).
Thats exactly the kit i went with. Knight Engineering kit (Geoff Knight). The car ran pretty hard but then problems started coming up. Heat sink from the turbo was getting into the distributor and the car would not start after running it too hard. Then the MAF started to go almost on a monthly basis perhaps because of the boost. By that point I had gotten fed up and sold it. Very cool car indeed. Im going to see if I can find some old pics to post. [/LIST]
Old 03-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Thats exactly the kit i went with. Knight Engineering kit (Geoff Knight). The car ran pretty hard but then problems started coming up. Heat sink from the turbo was getting into the distributor and the car would not start after running it too hard. Then the MAF started to go almost on a monthly basis perhaps because of the boost. By that point I had gotten fed up and sold it. Very cool car indeed. Im going to see if I can find some old pics to post. [/LIST]
Yup. Exactly the reason I didn't do it. I heard about a lot of problems with the kit when it was first released, so they pulled it and re-did it. Supposedly the kit is smooth now and a fairly reliable kit, especially for the fs-03 engine (i4). I had problems with the MAF without any major mods (except for the cold-air intake).
Old 03-04-2007, 03:17 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Yup. Exactly the reason I didn't do it. I heard about a lot of problems with the kit when it was first released, so they pulled it and re-did it. Supposedly the kit is smooth now and a fairly reliable kit, especially for the fs-03 engine (i4). I had problems with the MAF without any major mods (except for the cold-air intake).
So you can imagine my MAF problems with 7 pounds of boost running through it !
Old 03-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

So you can imagine my MAF problems with 7 pounds of boost running through it !
Oh man...I really don't want to. That must have been a nightmare.

What boggled my mind was I thought that there would be more power mods for the Benz when I was first considering it. Didn't think to check the forums prior to buying, just cuz I loved the car that much. The mx6/probe/626 had no significant power mods for a long time (save an engine swap, which was much cheaper than here).

What I do love is that this car has so much more room in the engine bay than the probe/mx-6! I remember having so many cuts and burns from just trying to do small things on the car! Definitely don't miss that either.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:30 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Update on the clutch situation... Service Advisor called this afternoon. The good news is they found the problem, hydraulic line blew. The better news, its covered under warranty. The bad news, no dealer in the States has the part.It has to come directly from Germany 10-12 day wait. SA said the hose was pressed up against a metal part of the body. With the friction from the car's movement it was grinding against the metal till it finally ate through the hose. He said I must have been driving it pretty hard for there to be enough friction to cut through a hose. Go figure.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
did u get a Loaner?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:12 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
I was going to drive the S if it was going to be a 2 day thing. Now that its looking like 10-12 days i think im going to go in tomorrow and pick up a Crossfire. Seems like a fun car Id like to try out.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Update on the clutch situation... Service Advisor called this afternoon. The good news is they found the problem, hydraulic line blew. The better news, its covered under warranty. The bad news, no dealer in the States has the part.It has to come directly from Germany 10-12 day wait. SA said the hose was pressed up against a metal part of the body. With the friction from the car's movement it was grinding against the metal till it finally ate through the hose. He said I must have been driving it pretty hard for there to be enough friction to cut through a hose. Go figure.
Hey, but don't they give you a free loaner? No matter how hard you were driving it, it should still be covered under warranty anyway! Congrats. It's too bad you have to wait, but definitely worth the wait if it's covered.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:43 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Hey, but don't they give you a free loaner? No matter how hard you were driving it, it should still be covered under warranty anyway! Congrats. It's too bad you have to wait, but definitely worth the wait if it's covered.
Yeah they give me a free loaner but i didnt want to go through the hassle of having to rent a car especially when I can drive the S for a few days. But 12 days of the S in one hour's worth of rush hour traffic each way home is no fun. Come to think of it the Crossfire isnt probably going to be much better but i just want to try it out.
The SA said the same thing you said Drex, regardless of how hard i drive it that hose should not have failed the way it did.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:51 PM

2014 Audi S5 Cabriolet 3.0T
They should be able to put a rush on something like that...

Oh well.

Good thing it's covered!
Old 03-05-2007, 10:28 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by MHPHOCKEY
They should be able to put a rush on something like that...

Oh well.

Good thing it's covered!
You know thats a very good point. Im not saying overnight the darn thing but 2 day express at the very least. Im afraid to make a scene at the delaership for fear that they try to get slick and blame the failure on abuse. Im just happy its beiing covered under warranty.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Did the dealership say anything about your lowering of the car?
I remember one SA at MB of Miami told me I voided my warranty by lowering my car, that's when i started going to another dealership. At MB of Ft Laud, the SA looked at my CF lip and said cool. He even offered to put the two screw holders in the bottom of the cheap grille I purchased from EBAY. Real nice guy.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:48 AM

2006 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Did the dealership say anything about your lowering of the car?
I remember one SA at MB of Miami told me I voided my warranty by lowering my car, that's when i started going to another dealership. At MB of Ft Laud, the SA looked at my CF lip and said cool. He even offered to put the two screw holders in the bottom of the cheap grille I purchased from EBAY. Real nice guy.
Nah they are pretty cool here. As far as I know they warranty is voided only on the specific part that has been modded or if the mod was the reason for failure. Like if i blow a shock then warranty would not cover it because it lowered. In this instance they would have to prove that lowering the car caused the hydraulic line to break ti void the warranty on it. Bill Ussery is pretty cool about mods.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:35 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Just got the car back. It was a broken hose as I mentioned earlier and covered under warranty. They still charged me a 75.00 diagnostic fee. Is this right?
Old 03-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Just got the car back. It was a broken hose as I mentioned earlier and covered under warranty. They still charged me a 75.00 diagnostic fee. Is this right?
glad to hear it's back, but the $75.00 diagnostic fee sounds like BS. did they explain why? I've taken the car in many times just for warranty service and even gotten a loaner and have NEVER been charged a "diagnostic fee." it should have been totally taken care of by warranty.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:42 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by nlpamg
glad to hear it's back, but the $75.00 diagnostic fee sounds like BS. did they explain why? I've taken the car in many times just for warranty service and even gotten a loaner and have NEVER been charged a "diagnostic fee." it should have been totally taken care of by warranty.
Thats what I thought. Im calling them on Monday to follow up. Lets see.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

B.S. It was a warranty repair. Shouldn't have been any charge.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Thats what I thought. Im calling them on Monday to follow up. Lets see.
Sounds like autonation is trying to make a fast buck again, i hate the monopoly they have on the so fl area
Old 03-11-2007, 06:26 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Here is the deal. I looked a bit closer at my Service Invoice. When i dropped the car off I was also going to have them install the front right fender liner which I had ripped off months ago with a parking cement stop. I had all the parts in the trunk and told my SA to call me with an estimate of how much it would be to install the liner. It's literally only 4 screws. I have done it myself before but I figured since the car was going to be worked on why not. I would have paid 20 bucks without a problem to do it but I think they charged me a whole hour of labor. One whole hour to put in 4 screws? I think im getting screwed, especially since they never called me with estimate. Had they said 75 bucks I would have said no way. Lets see what goes down tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
.....but I think they charged me a whole hour of labor. ....
Common practice most/all dealers is minimum 1 hour labor charge. $75/hr. is cheap for MB labor so you got a good deal!
Old 03-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Here is the deal. I looked a bit closer at my Service Invoice. When i dropped the car off I was also going to have them install the front right fender liner which I had ripped off months ago with a parking cement stop. I had all the parts in the trunk and told my SA to call me with an estimate of how much it would be to install the liner. It's literally only 4 screws. I have done it myself before but I figured since the car was going to be worked on why not. I would have paid 20 bucks without a problem to do it but I think they charged me a whole hour of labor. One whole hour to put in 4 screws? I think im getting screwed, especially since they never called me with estimate. Had they said 75 bucks I would have said no way. Lets see what goes down tomorrow.
Did they put the parts on without your consent? If so, I'd give them **** for it and try to get your next Service A covered.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:19 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Thats exactly where I got them. I explicitly told my SA to not put on the parts until you tell me how much it is. In fact he wrote it on both copies of the service ticket. It clearly says contact customer with estimate before installing fender liner. That is what I am basing my argument on. They never called me, installed the part cnaf charge me 75.oo bucks to put on 4 screws.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
It clearly says contact customer with estimate before installing fender liner. That is what I am basing my argument on. They never called me, installed the part cnaf charge me 75.oo bucks to put on 4 screws.
You win.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:35 AM

2006 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by mleskovar
You win.
Just got off the phone with the SA. I got a refund. He said they should have called before installing the parts. Im happy. Cheers !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLutch problems