C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Picture/Video of my new LED's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230k Auto Sedan
Picture/Video of my new LED's

I know you all dont like them, I know you say they are rice, and that it downgrades the look fo the Mercedes, But you gotta understand, these are for show only. ((any maybe the occasional parking lot)) Heres a picture, but to really check em our you have to watch the video.

I still cant totally decide on what color and pattern o choose. The blue looks really good, but there is also a decend green, purple, or white. And then for patterns, the fade in/fade out works the best I think, the others are pulses and strobes. But what do you all think?

Video Link:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0LuiX6h6CN8

P.S the quality is much better in person. I only had my phone on hand to take the picture/video.

Also, it lights up on all 4 sides, i just wanted to show one side for a better quality.

Tom.

Last edited by Stavlo; 03-27-2007 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:16 AM

AMG GTS
Ok, I will be honest with you guys haha...I have a set of StreetGlow's at home...I was planning to slap them on the Lexus RX300 (my daily commute) and see how it looks...but I never got around to it...so it's sitting here collecting dust...but honestly...I kind of do like the look of it...say...a silver C230...lowered (not slammed but just at that 'perfect' height)....rims (something not too flashy)...and maybe a set of these blue underbody lights? I don't know...I mean...some combo's look clean and some don't (e.g. Rahstylez's combo.)
Old 03-27-2007, 12:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML55 AMG
I like the Brabus puddle lights, but I'm not fond of the neons.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:35 AM

2005 C230k Auto Sedan
LED's arnt neons. Just so you all know. :P
Old 03-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Almost a Member!

07 c280 Avantgarde 4matic
at a car show or somthing i guess it would be ok! but if i saw u driving beside me with those, i would speed up to stay away from u hahaha

some combo's look clean and some don't (e.g. Rahstylez's combo.) x2 HAHAHAHA
Old 03-27-2007, 12:41 AM

2005 C230k Auto Sedan
hehe first off it looks retarded to drive with any sort of underlight ((Neons, LEDs, Puddle Lights, ect ect)) turned on. Second off, in WI its illegal. Thirdly as i said, its for shows and the occasional parking lot only ^.^

Also, can you guys not bash other members? Keep it friendly.

First post updated with youtube video of the patern they are set to.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0LuiX6h6CN8

Last edited by Stavlo; 03-27-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:57 AM

ML55 AMG
Originally Posted by Stavlo
LED's arnt neons. Just so you all know. :P
Old 03-27-2007, 01:11 AM

AMG GTS
Yeah I knew LED's and Neons are separate things...

But if I were to have them on a car...I wouldn't have them on while driving...illegal in CA to have these anyways...but while parked somewhere...it'd be nice to just have them on...

Something more to my taste is just installing something similar to puddle lights just so they light up on entry since a majority of the places I park haven't discovered "street lights" yet.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by c230K415
Yeah I knew LED's and Neons are separate things...

But if I were to have them on a car...I wouldn't have them on while driving...illegal in CA to have these anyways...but while parked somewhere...it'd be nice to just have them on...

Something more to my taste is just installing something similar to puddle lights just so they light up on entry since a majority of the places I park haven't discovered "street lights" yet.
Lol, it might attract a lot of undue attention though. Say, you park in a parking lot, open the door and your car lights up like a christmas tree. You lock it and walk inside wherever you are. Your car lights shut off with time and BAM! SOME INSTANT KEY ACTION!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:13 AM

c230 Red Komp, Porsche boxterRR
Originally Posted by c230K415
Ok, I will be honest with you guys haha...I have a set of StreetGlow's at home...I was planning to slap them on the Lexus RX300 (my daily commute) and see how it looks...but I never got around to it...so it's sitting here collecting dust...but honestly...I kind of do like the look of it...say...a silver C230...lowered (not slammed but just at that 'perfect' height)....rims (something not too flashy)...and maybe a set of these blue underbody lights? I don't know...I mean...some combo's look clean and some don't (e.g. Rahstylez's combo.)
Yea.. so this kid wit the blue ones.. cool.. but mine wen.. i got a red car.. and red underglow led's then mines not?

Let me remind you.. ihad the led's installed.. way befor this kid did..

another example of you hatting on me.. not cause of the car...

i mean.. i got red car.. red underglow.. black rims.. black tint... i dont know bout you.. but it matches perfectly in my book

Last edited by Rahstyles; 03-27-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by Rahstyles
Yea.. so this kid wit the blue ones.. cool.. but mine wen.. i got a read car.. and read underglow led's then mines not?

Let me remind you.. ihad the led's installed.. way befor this kid did..

another example of you hatting on me.. not cause of the car...

i mean.. i got red car.. red underglow.. black rims.. black tint... i dont know bout you.. but it matches perfectly in my book
Maybe because he seems like someone we could actually respect in real life. You could have a decent member of society come in here with spinners for all I care, we'd give him constructive criticism because he's someone we respect. Not someone who can't differentiate between "read" and "red".
Old 03-27-2007, 08:26 AM

c230 Red Komp, Porsche boxterRR
Originally Posted by kevblah
Maybe because he seems like someone we could actually respect in real life. You could have a decent member of society come in here with spinners for all I care, we'd give him constructive criticism because he's someone we respect. Not someone who can't differentiate between "read" and "red".
And i guess i dont seem like.. you can respect me.. cause i type bad?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by Rahstyles
And i guess i dont seem like.. you can respect me.. cause i type bad?
that pretty much sums it up...
Old 03-27-2007, 08:36 AM

2005 C230k Auto Sedan
Please dont hijack my thread. If you guys have problems with one another take it to a private message.

Back on topic, can I get some more opinions from you all? I think ive seen two in the thread. :P
Old 03-27-2007, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
personally, if i did an underbody led kit, it'd probably be white...
Old 03-27-2007, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Lol, it might attract a lot of undue attention though. Say, you park in a parking lot, open the door and your car lights up like a christmas tree. You lock it and walk inside wherever you are. Your car lights shut off with time and BAM! SOME INSTANT KEY ACTION!
I agree. Those lights are enough to drive a normally calm and law abiding man into a deep paint gouging keying maniac. That might be an opportunity for him to upgrade to neon green paint though.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Almost a Member!

07 c280 Avantgarde 4matic
personally, if i did an underbody led kit, it'd probably be white...
x2
Old 03-27-2007, 10:27 AM

w211 e500
that pretty much sums it up...
LLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOO

BUT once again Rah takes things
Old 03-27-2007, 10:33 AM

2005 C230k Auto Sedan
Originally Posted by jgsx
I agree. Those lights are enough to drive a normally calm and law abiding man into a deep paint gouging keying maniac. That might be an opportunity for him to upgrade to neon green paint though.
Thankfully, Im smart enough not to turn them on when driving. As i stated, these are FOR SHOW USE ONLY, and the occasional parking lot when im showing them to my friends. its ILLEGAL and RETARDED to drive with them on.

Also, I could make them white if i wanted. tonight ill take a pic of them white instead of blue. I have like 1000 color choices with the bulbs. Its a neat setup. Better be though for 400 bucks.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Thankfully, Im smart enough not to turn them on when driving. As i stated, these are FOR SHOW USE ONLY, and the occasional parking lot when im showing them to my friends. its ILLEGAL and RETARDED to drive with them on.

Also, I could make them white if i wanted. tonight ill take a pic of them white instead of blue. I have like 1000 color choices with the bulbs. Its a neat setup. Better be though for 400 bucks.
NICE! I can't wait to see the white ones!

Also, we know that they're for show purposes, we're not saying someones gonna pull up next to you on the freeway and try and key you on the road...
We're saying that if they come on when you lock/unlock the car, it might attract negative attention from bystanders.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:42 AM

2005 C230k Auto Sedan
ahh.. well, they dont come on unless i manually turn them on. Having them turn on when you lock or unlock would look.... retarded.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
ahh.. well, they dont come on unless i manually turn them on. Having them turn on when you lock or unlock would look.... retarded.
ohh...is it like a remote? or a switch in the car?

and i dont think it would look retarded if they were white, or puddle lights...thats how the puddle lights work..they come on with the dome lights
Old 03-27-2007, 10:51 AM

2005 C230k Auto Sedan
Its a button inside. Mounted next to my shifter. Ill go take a picture.

And yes, white puddle lights that pop on with the domes lights look sweet. but colored LED's would look terrible. Puddle lights are seperated instead of a bulk light. LED's are normally one bulk light pattern on the groun.d It would look bad. But again, I totally agree, the brabus white puddle lights that go on with the dome lights rock.

Heres the picture of the control unit. Purple is blah I know. I wanted to hide it in the glove box but we couldnt get it in there without alot more work.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Ohhhhh, I see! So it's like a semi-permanent install...I see.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:03 AM

2005 C230k Auto Sedan
yeah its definetly a permanent install. We had to take out the dash to wire in the control unit. then all the four LED bars are mounted under the car ((screwed in and then zip tied for extra measure...hehe)) There is a power wire from your battery to a control unit mounted inside the dash. Then from the control unit you run wires to your underlights, and to the little button i posted above. It was really a quite involved process.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picture/Video of my new LED's