C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

People with pioneer Steering wheel adapters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 cls63 AMG
Question People with pioneer Steering wheel adapters

Hey,
If your pioneer headunit is bluetooth enabled, can you guys use the phone buttons on the steering wheel as well to receive/end calls? I know most of the guys have said they have full functionability with the adapter but is that limited to audio only buttons?
Also does the pioneer avic z1,z2/d3 have an input in back of the deck or in the pioneer bluetooth adapter to answer calls and end them with an external button. What i mean is lets say if there was a hypothetical canbus adapter that could carry the signal from the steering wheel to the deck, is the deck or pionner bluetooth adapter equipped with an input or a wire i can splice into to make it answer the call?
Thanks
Old 03-28-2007, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Originally Posted by c240classic
Hey,
If your pioneer headunit is bluetooth enabled, can you guys use the phone buttons on the steering wheel as well to receive/end calls? I know most of the guys have said they have full functionability with the adapter but is that limited to audio only buttons?
Also does the pioneer avic z1,z2/d3 have an input in back of the deck or in the pioneer bluetooth adapter to answer calls and end them with an external button. What i mean is lets say if there was a hypothetical canbus adapter that could carry the signal from the steering wheel to the deck, is the deck or pionner bluetooth adapter equipped with an input or a wire i can splice into to make it answer the call?
Thanks
No and no.

Merge this with the existing thread.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
I havnt found any steering wheel adaptors for my N2 yet.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL203
i ordered my steering wheel adapter and it should be here next week! though, the bluetooth unit for the d3 won't be released until mid april so i'll have to tell you then. i dont think it has functionality over the phone to my understanding. here is link to the steering wheel adapter information:

http://csua.berkeley.edu/~vaheder/st...A-R-PI.131.pdf

according to the pdf. there is no bluetooth control to my understanding. hope that helps!

btw.. advans are you still looking for a grill? i might have one available
Old 03-29-2007, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Originally Posted by advans
I havnt found any steering wheel adaptors for my N2 yet.
They are not Pioneer model specific. If your Pioneer has the plug for a wired remote, you use the same one that I'm using.