C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: What sould i do first to my c320? remember that i am 16 and have a crappy income
Tires
14.29%
Tires/Rims
0%
flat emblum new grille
57.14%
lighted door sills
0%
All of the above
0%
leave it stock
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Help!!!

I just got a used 01 c320 with 86000 miles on it and have some concerns.
First is that i hear a sound when i brake or let off on the gas pedal that sounds almost like a bad speedometer cable? The automatic climate control seems to keep coming off of automatic (i took the car on a trip and i would look down at it and the left and right side would be off of auto but never at the same time)? today when i made a sharp right hand turn that had a bump i heard a really loud knocking noise and got it to do it again once but cant get it to do again? finally i have been reading about using 87 octane gas in these cars and all the problems that can occur and now i am worried because when ideling it gets a little rough and sometimes makes a knocking noise (i think it might be the ac) could this be the result of using low octane gas over a long period of time or just the high mileage and i am over reacting thanks for all the help trey
Old 04-03-2007, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C280 Avantgarde
same knocking happened to my C240 2003, actually it jerked so much that it appeared to be half-stalling but not quite.

I don't think my problem was the AC, it had more to do with me putting Husky (gas station), and 90 in it.... bad news for my car apparently....

Took it to Merc under warranty, they said we use bad gas, so we changed to chevron/shell and that sort.

As to sound, what sound are you talking about? squeeling? howling? what?

automatic climate control comes off of automatic? meaning...?

As to what to do with your car in terms of those options - I would actually change the headlights first - to clear lens if not bi-xenon clear lens
Old 04-03-2007, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS
Automatic climate control usually turns itself off once the set temperature is reached I think (can someone confirm this?). And for your sharp turn and sound incident, maybe something was in your trunk or backseat somewhere and it got stuck in a little ditch/corner (check spare tire compartment). In my opinion, I would try my best to refrain from using 87 octane gas...stick with 91...my friend's old BMW said it was fine to take 87 but ever since Day 1 he has put in nothing but 91 and his car still runs way stronger than my Lexus (100,700 miles ; mostly use 89 octane). But then again that is one person out of a million and that is my opinion. I say shorten the Oil Change intervals...flush your coolant fluids every year or so...and since yo useem to use A/C a lot..make sure you recharge your A/C system...check out your A/C filter (known as Cabinet Filter).
Don't have such a heavy foot with a 86k mile'd car.

If you find everything costly...I am 17 years old...I maintain my car but I also have a personal mechanic...maybe you have a friend or two that can hook you up with their mechanic? I met my mechanic through a friend (The mechanic was my friend's cousin) and this guy is great...actually teaches me how/what to do if in case I want to start doing things on my own...he always assures I know what quality/brand of product I am picking out for my car...and everything for a great price...