C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Audio question, I really need help on this please !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio question, I really need help on this please !!

Hey guys, I know you've heard this song and dance many many times over and I've searched your forums for over 1 hour now, and I can't seem to put my finger on the exact problem I'm having.

It's the ever so famous crackling/farting/gunshot/screeching/exploding sounds from the speakers lol Now I know what you guys are ganna say... it's the amp.

My question is, is it normal that it only happens when it rains and I'm on the highway ? it will last 1 week after that, then it can be fine for a few months, then happen again.

The only thing I'm worried about is me spending a chunk of cash, that I don't really have, change the amp and see I still have the same problem.

If anybody has ANY ideas, information, pictures of the amp and wiring diagrams, anything that could help me out here I would be extremely grateful !! I think I found the Sub in the trunk's right side, if I remove that cover is that where the amp is ?

FYI my car is a 2002 C230 kompressor, the sexy hatchback with the Bose premium sound system... that is currently driving me up the walls !!!

Thanks guys !

-Jo
Old 04-03-2007, 01:20 PM

Lots of views, not alot of replies .... No one has any info on this system, diagrams, charts, locations. Ideas, I'm ready to try anything, before I change the amp !!

Cheers,
Jo
Old 04-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
OK, you post in the am and then come back around lunch time and expect an answer. Don't you at least want to give it some time?
Old 04-04-2007, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
OK, you post in the am and then come back around lunch time and expect an answer. Don't you at least want to give it some time?
I'm at work bored and impatient, sorry. But if you had to drive 1 1/2 hours to work and 1 1/2 hours back with this noise I'm sure you'd like your fellow Bens owners to help you out at diagnosing the problem with you.

I was under the impression that these boards had more traffic than that, I apologise and I shall be patient and wait for some replies.

- Jo
Old 04-15-2007, 01:31 AM

2002 C230K, 2006 VZ800
Hello,

Yes I do have that same problem. But... I have the non bose system. Mine is compleatly stock, with stock head unit and speakers. What I have heard is that there might be a manufactors defect in the way the antena was manufactor and then pasted to the window. I still cant find anything about this either. I also think I read some where that there is a TSB for this also. But then cant find the rest of the info.

P-80_57-20 FEB 03 Audio System - RF Interference Explanation
P-82_62-168 SEP 01 Audio System - Poor AM/FM Band Reception
P-82_62-165 SEP 01 Audio System - Popping/Thumping From Speakers

These might be it, dont know since I dont have access to it. Hope sombody chimes in.

Regards,

Rommel

Last edited by C230Krarana; 04-15-2007 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Sombodu is not sombody
Old 04-15-2007, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
I love it when people complain about no one answering their question, especially when it is only a few hours after they ask it.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
try this

1. turn off your HU
2. shut engine
3. pull key out
4. wait for a few sec
5. then restart again

it happened to me so i tried this, it work on my C320 sedan and my C230 Coupe

C32 has Bose but C230 is just normal

are you listening to radio or CD?? or connect to a MP3 player??

if so i think your Volume is too high
Old 04-16-2007, 05:27 AM

02 W163
i have stock 02 c230k coupe non bose....

Ps: BOSE is not a TOP OF THE LINE System... its good quality, ect... and expenisve.. but no matter how expensive ur speakers are... if they come stock ... they cant handle BASS and loud music...
because its onyl a speaker.. get a sub woofer.. and that will fix ur problem ..

other then that .. ur speaker are prolly blown ..

u be way better off getting a JL Audio W3V3 for 250cad and some Speakers.. or JUST TWEETERS(only trebal no bass) then u can pund as loud as u can .. and its still clear....

try just hooking a sub up ... therefore the bass wont mix with the speaker.. otherwise it will blow....

and trust me .. dont bother replacing bose.. jsut get aftermarket speakers.. and subs

im still running stock deck, stock speakers...and connected my amp to my speakers(because there is not input to stock deck) therefore i can power the speaker and pwer the sub with cross overs....

not sure if that is ur problem .. but hope this can help ..

if it make cracking sounds like u said ... it is a big chance that ur speakers are blown .. u can still hear music aka voice an sounds coming out .. but one bass hits it cracks, because the magnet broke or it ripped due to abbuse