C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Can Non Factory Installed Bi-Xenons Be Covered Under Extended Starmark Warranty ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Can Non Factory Installed Bi-Xenons Be Covered Under Extended Starmark Warranty ?

Can Non Factory Installed Bi-Xenons Be Covered Under Extended Warranty ? I dont see why it shouldnt be covered especially since its an OEM MB Part and the manual states you can do a bi-xenon upgrade install. In my case I bought a car from an MB Dealer with this Bi-Xenon package that wasnt factory installed. I got an extened starmark warranty and was told all issues are covered except services. Unfortunatley when I bought the car the Sales Team, Service Team, and GM are now gone. New employees work their now. When I took my car in for service a couple months ago they told me my car shouldnt have Bi-Xenons on them. The problem is since the previous staffing when I bought the car no longer works there how can Bi-Xenons be covered under extended warranty ? My warranty doesnt expire until 2009. Unfortunatley my drivers side bi-xenons melted. I understand that this has been an issue under the TSB Recall. But I dont want to get raped by the stealer. Please give me some assistance.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
They are only covered under the parts, which is only covered for one year from the date of purchase (i think)
but they will only cover ur lights if they were installed by Mercedes dealer and were programed By the dealer too.
If u had some other local shop install the lights, then they will not be covered under warranty. and besides if u had a local store install the lights there is a good chance that they did not program the Xenons to be present. thus ur warranty is out the door again.
So it all depends on how they were installed, if that part as in the (Xenon fixture) is damaged and u have all the receipts and its under the one year period (i think is a one year period) then the actual part might be covered under warranty. (but they can easily deny the warranty because they can say that they were not installed properly thus is the reason they got damage)

Warranty is a very touchy topic with Mercedes and they follow it very well.
So if u bout the light from a Dealer and have the receipts and they were installed by a mercedes dealer and u have the receipts for the install and its under the one year mark. then Yes they will be covered under warranty if not ur sH**** out of luck
Old 04-21-2007, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Originally Posted by damienmb
Can Non Factory Installed Bi-Xenons Be Covered Under Extended Warranty ? I dont see why it shouldnt be covered especially since its an OEM MB Part and the manual states you can do a bi-xenon upgrade install. In my case I bought a car from an MB Dealer with this Bi-Xenon package that wasnt factory installed. I got an extened starmark warranty and was told all issues are covered except services. Unfortunatley when I bought the car the Sales Team, Service Team, and GM are now gone. New employees work their now. When I took my car in for service a couple months ago they told me my car shouldnt have Bi-Xenons on them. The problem is since the previous staffing when I bought the car no longer works there how can Bi-Xenons be covered under extended warranty ? My warranty doesnt expire until 2009. Unfortunatley my drivers side bi-xenons melted. I understand that this has been an issue under the TSB Recall. But I dont want to get raped by the stealer. Please give me some assistance.
If you bought the car from an MB Dealer with the Bi-Xenon package,
then it should have been in writing, and it doesn't matter if the people who sold you the car no longer work there or not. If it's in writing, and the Starmark Warranty you got covers everything, then what is the issue ?

Sounds to me like you either aren't disclosing everything, or you dealt with a VERY shady group of people, who didn't provide anything in writing. If they sold you the car with a Bi-Xenon package, then why DIDN'T they install it ? Doesn't make sense. If nothing was put in the warranty writing or purchase contract, then you're pretty much screwed, and you'll have to buy a new set of Bi-Xenons yourself.

By the way, no need to start a new thread on this, it should have just been a continuation of your MELTED Bi-Xenon thread.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^I stated I bought the car with the Bi-Xenons from the dealer. The previous owner did modifications and traded his car to the dealership with the Bi-Xenon Mods on the car. I then bought the car from that dealer because it was Bi-Xenon ready. Xenon Present had to be done on the car for the simple fact it was not flickering violently before, and because when their was an issue last time the tech stated that xenons were present on a computer. My problem just gave me a Starmark Warranty Sheet and told me my car is covered for major issues except services and that was it. Next thing I know they have a completly new employee staffing. And the new techs told me last time that my car shouldnt have xenons when I bought the car directly from them with bi-xenons on it. Should I complain or take it to another dealer to get this problem fixed. Whats the point in buying a starmark extended warranty when they cant even cover repairs ?