C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

I gotta be real with some of you cats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 c230 v6 SS
who puts BBS LM's on a c class, so damn ricey.

heres another rice pic, dammit ricer and his deep dish rims.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Hummell
...some of you guys gotta quit effin' up your Benzo...seriously. I like the mods in some of these cars, but there is a point where you have to stop, respect the car you have and not try to make it more than it should be. This is a Mercedes-Benz...you with me? This isn't a Honda Civic. Keep the mods discreet. The beauty is in doing a little and getting a lot.

hey brigidaire general Hummel from alcatraz...... I can respect your "if its not stock, its wack" attitude but you still have to respect those that modded their cars here. Some got it right , some didnt... but who is really the best to judge that? you wont find more than 10 here that will like the exact same thing in one car that is modded, meaning they will like 100% of the mods that was done in one car. I like drex and rlee's car as a whole, but theres some mods there that I might not do myself, just a personal taste kind of thing. So before hitting it off negative like you did I think you might want to check your phrasing and just say "I prefer stock, what do you guys think?"
Old 04-29-2007, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
I gota say, i have been on this form a lot, and i read a lot of important info here. Most of the people here have grate knowledge about Mercedes no matter what benz u have they can help u make it perform / look better to a point where you are happy. (key note to a point where you are happy)
All the pictures that i have seen on this forum of members cars about 99% of them just look amazing, and the other 1% in my opinion have just gone a little over board. but as long as they like the car that is all that matters. But if you took the time to go around this forum you will find that all of us here take pride in the cars we drive and we like to make them unique to our taste, so are cars stick out from the stock ones they sell at the dealer-ships.

IMO: (the forum members) all u guys have done some amazing work on ur car, and i gota say some of ur cars are just AMAZING, but some are just a little to much for my taste, but that just me. either way if u drive by me u will still grab my attention because ur car is one of a kind.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Originally Posted by midnight kompre
did rahstyles reincarnate into someone who can form sentences?
!!!!!! Ohhh, that was my Sunday morning funny!

Well, since I'm on the list of the 19" buy, I guess, I'm morphing into a bling boy. God help us all.

E
Old 04-29-2007, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ep1dem1c
lol dont take it serious i would never do that.. lol

I know you'll like this

Horrible I cant stop laughing at this pic
I just retasted my morning coffee...

E
Old 04-29-2007, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by nickgailloux
Here's some advice for you since your momma obviously didnt raise you right:

1) You dont walk in someone's house for the first time and tell them you think they have bad taste and that their choice in paint colors is discusting.

2) You dont come on a forum for the first time and tell them you think they have bad taste and that their choice in mods is discusting.

I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends around here with that attitude.*

* NOT
VERY well said.

E
Old 04-29-2007, 02:23 PM

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts
Current :2018 E63S and a 2017 GLE 63S . Prior, CLA 250, C450 AMG, 2017 AMG C63S
Speaking of General Hummel

General Hummel: How OLD are you Mr. Sinclair?
Chief of Staff Hayden Sinclair: I'm 33.
General Hummel: Well Mr. Sinclair, you've probably got no f*kin idea what I'm talking about! By your 9th birthday, I was running BlackOps into China and my men were responsible for over two-hundred enemy kills! Now someone put some riggin tape over Mr. Sinclair's mouth, he's wasting my time!

John Mason: I don't quite see how you can cherrish the memory of the dead by killing another million. This is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir. Personally, I think you're a ****ing idiot.
General Hummel: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
John Mason: "Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious," according to Oscar Wilde.

Stanley Goodspeed: Hi, I'm an agent with the federal... FBI... Well, my, I'm Stanley Goodspeed.
John Mason: But of course you are.
Agent Paxton: Well, at least he got his name right.
Stanley Goodspeed: Of course I am.
John Mason: And you have an emergency.
Stanley Goodspeed: Right.
John Mason: And you need my help.
Stanley Goodspeed: Exactly right.
John Mason: Coffee.
Stanley Goodspeed: No, I'm fine, thank you.
John Mason: Offer me coffee.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:45 PM

2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan / 2007 Nissan Murano
Here's some advice for you since your momma obviously didnt raise you right:

1) You dont walk in someone's house for the first time and tell them you think they have bad taste and that their choice in paint colors is discusting.

2) You dont come on a forum for the first time and tell them you think they have bad taste and that their choice in mods is discusting.

I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends around here with that attitude.*

* NOT
Where did I say anything about anyone having a "discusting" (disgusting) ride?
Please don't put words out there that I didn't say.

Secondly, I said it was my opinion only.

Please read closely and try to fully comprehend each sentence so that no one gets confused.

Thanks in advance.

Mig888...those are sweet man...seriously, nicely done.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:09 PM

Next thing you know he'll be telling me to keep my 2005 HD heritage softail "stock". It's all a matter of taste and what makes your ride unique to you. I sorta like the stock look of my 06 C230 BUT there will be some minor mods in the future. Now my HOG is something different (will post some pics when I get a chance). He'd have a cow looking at it!
Old 04-29-2007, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by atl 2 chi
General Hummel: Well Mr. Sinclair, you've probably got no f*kin idea what I'm talking about! By your 9th birthday, I was running BlackOps into China and my men were responsible for over two-hundred enemy kills! Now someone put some riggin tape over Mr. Sinclair's mouth, he's wasting my time!

John Mason: I don't quite see how you can cherrish the memory of the dead by killing another million. This is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir. Personally, I think you're a ****ing idiot.
General Hummel: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.

Stanley Goodspeed: Hi, I'm an agent with the federal... FBI... Well, my, I'm Stanley Goodspeed.
haha i'm gonna watch that on my PSP now
Old 04-29-2007, 05:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
...some of you guys gotta quit effin' up your Benzo...seriously. I like the mods in some of these cars, but there is a point where you have to stop, respect the car you have and not try to make it more than it should be. This is a Mercedes-Benz...you with me? This isn't a Honda Civic. Keep the mods discreet. The beauty is in doing a little and getting a lot.
So, lets see some of your stuff Mr. proclaimer of style and taste - or are you just a total snobbish bore and have no respect for other peoples creativity and ingenuity?

Put up or shut up.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
this kid has only 6 posts and he wants to tell ppl what to do with their cars???? everyone has their own taste and style thats why its fun to mod. if you want to stay stock stay stock but you shouldn't bash ppl on how there messin up their cars. i dk about you but i've seen a lot of siiiiick W203's on this forum
Old 04-29-2007, 06:23 PM

I swear, some of you guys either can not read or can not comprehend what you've read. What part of the following statements that I made in this thread would you like for me to explain a bit further?

1) "I like the mods in some of these cars..."
2) "My post was in reference to the minority of cars that I've seen here..."
3) "I really do like a ton of the sleds I've seen..."
4) "This is just my opinion, fellas...."
5) "Mig888...those are sweet man...seriously, nicely done..."

RonKMiller...? What's the problem man? Take it easy. I never said I was the alpha and omega when it came to style and taste. I simply said that in my opinion, the beauty was doing a little and getting a lot.

My opinion hasn't changed.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:13 PM

2005 Mercedes C230 Sport Sedan (W203)
Where did I say anything about anyone having a "discusting" (disgusting) ride?
Please don't put words out there that I didn't say.

Secondly, I said it was my opinion only.

Please read closely and try to fully comprehend each sentence so that no one gets confused.

Thanks in advance.

Mig888...those are sweet man...seriously, nicely done.
When you said "...some of you guys gotta quit effin' up your Benzo..." is when you said people had a disgusting ride. It may not have been the words, but it was what you meant.

And thanks for correcting my spelling of the word "disgusting". I seriously thought it was spelled "discusting". I hate it when people mis-spell words and I encourage anyone to correct my spelling.

Ok Hummel, maybe you're not so bad after all. Lets be friends....

NOT!!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 07:35 PM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
I think the point made here is to follow some of your own advice. Be discreet in your posting. I agree that some of the mods are overdone. But you have to ask yourself would be the point to post what you did. "Nothing to gain, and all to lose so to speak." or "if you aint got nothing good to say, don't say nuttin." All you could do would be to **** some off or create disharmony. If that is what you were you after, then you succeeded. I appreciate ya "realness", but that doesn't go over well on public internet forum.

Just my 2 Abe Lincs.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:07 PM

Ok Hummel, maybe you're not so bad after all. Lets be friends....

NOT!!!!
Who says "not!" anymore? Seriously.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Old 04-29-2007, 08:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
/////AMG
Another entertaining thread.

Although, not as entertaining as Rahstyle's thread. DARN!
Old 04-29-2007, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
I know I haven't since I was in 6th grade lol
Old 04-29-2007, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
look at what I have done to my C coupe!

hey guys, hes right, look at my c coupe, hahahaha

Old 04-29-2007, 09:16 PM

2005 Mercedes C230 Sport Sedan (W203)
Originally Posted by pmb600
I know I haven't since I was in 6th grade lol
Yeah, I recently picked up on the humor of "not" jokes when watching "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan". Good for some entertainment if you can stomach it.

All jokes aside though, Hummell, you're not going to make friends around here with that attitude. I know what you mean, some mods by some people here cross the line between being tasteful, and being "ricey", but you dont get to call people on that until you have your own reputation to back it.

And so far, you sound a lot like Rahstyles. Speaking out of turn.

Last edited by nickgailloux; 04-29-2007 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by atl 2 chi

lol, i like that.. how many times did you watch that movie???? my count is like 17 for me lol... ONE OF THE BEST!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 09:46 PM

i know a few... and they have more friends than you here tell you that much.

Kidding aside, just watch out for those posting tantrums in this site, especially when youre a newbie. Youre not going to make a lot of friends here.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:47 PM

nickgailloux, dude, you have 107 posts. Don't act like you're some MBworld Sage or something.

What "attitude" are you talking about? I see attitudes all up and down this board my man...and I'm entitled to have mine as well. I've stated clearly that this was my opinion several times. Either accept that and move on or sit here and build up your post count until you reach sage status which will enable you to say whatever you want to, whenever you want to.

As far as speaking out of turn...I'm not sure what you mean by that. Didn't realize i needed to take a number.

Have a good night.

Last edited by Hummell; 04-29-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:10 PM

1993 190E 2.6
After reading this, I actually miss Mr. Styles. As horrible as his post were. They were really entertaining. This guy on the other hand, its stating his opinion. I can respect that.

When you buy a house. Do you live in it bare. No furniture, no nothing. Or do you "mod" the place. Leather sofa, 42" plasma on the wall. King size bed. All that. Paint the walls, carpet, wood floor, tile. Whatever you do, your changing your home to better suit your personality, and make it more comfortable to live in.

You buy a car, any car, you like it stock, you keep it stock. If, thats what suits you. But some people, they like to personalize thier cars. So, they do. If you dont like them, dont do it to your car.

The things I want to do to my car when im done might be borderline rice. In wich case ill start taking things off till its a good mix of elegance and personality. I by no means want to kill a benz by ricing it out. Thats just me. That picture of the yellow "Mercedes E-clipse" That looked horrible. Plain out ugly, to me. But I can respect the fact that he put time and moeny and thought into his ride. Im sure he loves it.

Those three black cars looked nice, rims werent to my liking, but i liked the other things it had. I wont say the whole damn car ugly because of 19 spoke ricer racing rims. just soemthing i wouldnt do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I gotta be real with some of you cats