C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

04 C230 Complete Facelift w/ Pics (New Thread)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004.0 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by WhatTheHulk
an interesting thread i stumbled upon...The Depo Tweak
After reading the VW Depo tweak thread, there is DEFINATELY a design flaw in the Depo's. Just like our W203's, the VW Depo's have the "bowl" installed backwards. The bowl is the piece where the bulbs clip into. I hope that instead of having to completely flip the bowl, I can just flip the bulbs (but I doubt it). I looked at the Depo's closely before installing them, and it didn't seem like the bowl could be removed easily. I will post pics of the fix if I can come up with one this weekend.

Check out these pictures of the Depo's on a VW...

Installed as is

After the "bowl" is flipped 180 degrees

Last edited by XenonBenz; 05-02-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Almost a Member!

'03 C230 SS
The light appears to be OEM quality after the tweak.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:11 PM

03 C230K
Originally Posted by XenonBenz
After reading the VW Depo tweak thread, there is DEFINATELY a design flaw in the Depo's. Just like our W203's, the VW Depo's have the "bowl" installed backwards. The bowl is the piece where the bulbs clip into. I hope that instead of having to completely flip the bowl, I can just flip the bulbs (but I doubt it). I looked at the Depo's closely before installing them, and it didn't seem like the bowl could be removed easily. I will post pics of the fix if I can come up with one this weekend.

Check out these pictures of the Depo's on a VW...

Installed as is

After the "bowl" is flipped 180 degrees
Can the depo projector's bowl for w203 be removed?

Last edited by cagthuzz2807; 05-05-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:22 PM

2004.0 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by cagthuzz2807
Can the depo projector's bowl for w203 be removed?
That's what I am working on right now to see if it's possible. WhatTheHulk said that he put the Depo in the oven, took it apart, and that he couldn't remove the bowl because there were 3 screws he still couldn't get to.

I am currently in the process of talking with K1Motorsport about the problem. I have sent him pictures, and he is taking it up with his supplier right now. Once I have an answer, I will start a new thread for the Depo problem.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:24 PM

03 C230K
That's what I am working on right now to see if it's possible. WhatTheHulk said that he put the Depo in the oven, took it apart, and that he couldn't remove the bowl because there were 3 screws he still couldn't get to.

I am currently in the process of talking with K1Motorsport about the problem. I have sent him pictures, and he is taking it up with his supplier right now. Once I have an answer, I will start a new thread for the Depo problem.
Thanks for the info! Looking forward to hear it.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:00 AM

2004.0 C230 Sedan
Bye Bye Depo, Hello Bi-Xenon!

So I sold my Depo's and got some OEM US Spec Bi-Xenon's. What a difference!

While the Depo's look good, and are cheap, I would not recommend them for anyone who needs a wide light pattern. They light up the front well, and actually light up further down the road than OEM Bi-Xenon's, but there is very little light on the sides. If Depo would just install the bowl right, they would almost be as good as OEM!

The only thing that I don't like about the OEM US Spec Bi-Xenon's is that there are 2 yellow hotspots on the top of the beam pattern directly centered with each headlight. The rest of the top of the beam pattern is blue/purple. The lights also still shimmer blue/purple from a distance. You can only see the yellow when your lights are shining against a wall/garage door from a close distance.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Originally Posted by OKClass
I just noticed your silver painted calipers. Niiiiceee. I'm painting mine silver this weekend (with black Mercedes-Benz text). Thats the kind of subtle mod I really get into. Even most Benz owners wouldn't notice the difference from stock but someone like you or I would walk by and say 'Nice painted calipers'

**sorry for the slight thread hijack**
Hve you painted them yet?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Almost a Member!

'03 C230 SS
So I sold my Depo's and got some OEM US Spec Bi-Xenon's. What a difference!

While the Depo's look good, and are cheap, I would not recommend them for anyone who needs a wide light pattern. They light up the front well, and actually light up further down the road than OEM Bi-Xenon's, but there is very little light on the sides. If Depo would just install the bowl right, they would almost be as good as OEM!

The only thing that I don't like about the OEM US Spec Bi-Xenon's is that there are 2 yellow hotspots on the top of the beam pattern directly centered with each headlight. The rest of the top of the beam pattern is blue/purple. The lights also still shimmer blue/purple from a distance. You can only see the yellow when your lights are shining against a wall/garage door from a close distance.

Looking good! Got any other pics of the cut-off from a little further away on the garage door? Thanks!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:32 AM

2004 Oxford Green BMW 530i SMG
Rather than create a new thread and get bashed because I've not utilized the search function (which I have), I'll just bump an old thread:

Is there a 'facelift' thread somewhere for the coupes which lists exactly what is needed to switch front ends from pre '05 to '05?

Obviously bumper, headlights, grille, foglights...What about the core support? Mounting brackets?

This particular thread needs the pictures back!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:40 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
You can go to rmeuropean dot com and just match the part numbers on there.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 PM

2004 Oxford Green BMW 530i SMG
Originally Posted by FrankW
You can go to rmeuropean dot com and just match the part numbers on there.
Thanks! Coming from the world of BMWs, I was hoping Mercedes had their version of realoemdotcom! I've found a '02 coupe that has been bumped in the front & only has 32k on the odometer. I can do the bodywork myself, but I figure there's no better time to do a facelift on it than the present! I wish it were a 6spd, but with those miles I won't be too picky. I'm planning to buy it, fix it up, and drive it while I search for a John Cooper Works MINI.