C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

just ordered alcohol injection kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
just ordered alcohol injection kit

yes..... i'm a former 1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 5 speed owner, and chose the beauty of the W203 over the 350Z(had my choice between the two).......but am severely dissappointed in its performance..... so i ordered a devils own water/alcohol injection kit. i'm going to be messing with the tuning myself. i've got a relatively stock 2002 with the M111 engine (2.3L), and want more power. the $600 pulley kit is BS, so i figured i'd find a way to make +20 more HP without spending $600. i'm going to run straight methanol into the intake.

is my engine intercooled? i was changing the oil yesterday and could have sworn up front there was a tube and fin type intercooler, but couldnt quite tell exactly.(couldnt quite follow the plumbing good enough to tell) i was in a rush as the auto hobby shop on base was about to close.

thanks! i'll hopefully let ya'll know.

btw I used to have another name on here, it was madfast or something, but that was way before i joined up with the military and i cant quite remember it. besides, my email got hacked a couple days ago.

EDIT: i'm going to be installing a high flow catylitic(sp?) converter and muffler system with nice tips also, and my only other mod is removed the s/c muffler and installed a team green air filter.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:02 AM

well, i just ordered the ASP pulley kit too. wow. i cant beleive i just spent $650.00 for 30HP. blah. whatever. if i'm gonna have this car for another year i might as well boost it up. if only it was 6 speed. *sigh* ...i really shouldnt shop drunk after watching a local car parade in altus Oklahoma where everything had a ton of HP.

on another note- i'm concerned about the stock fuel pressure regulator, or stock fuel pump..... is it inadequate for these mods? i'm going to install a high flow exhaust soon, i know the stock fuel pump has trouble atjust 11psi, so installing a rising rate FPR would be futile if the stock pump is just plain weak.

what type of problems am i going to run into? thanks!
Old 05-06-2007, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Unfortunately, if you thik $600 for 30 hp is alot, you have far more disappointments coming. I'm vaguely familiar with the alcohol injection. So this is a new idea to me. By all means let us know.

Time and again, those of us with the pulley, and A/F monitoring have shown that the car runs lean. RTking is trying some work via the FMU route. Me, I'm thinking of larger injectors.

Do keep us informed.

E <-----why in the hell am I up at 8 a.m. on a Sunday morning?1!!
Old 05-06-2007, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
Unfortunately, if you thik $600 for 30 hp is alot, you have far more disappointments coming.
haha, you must have me mistaken for some type of newbie.

i know how much performance should and does cost, however i'll never give any of those guys that simply price gouge for parts simply cause its an MB my money.

i went with alcohol injection first, before nitrous, because its a proven way to lower intake ttemps and increase power, and i figured that if i'm only running a tad lean, the alcohol or nitromethane or methanol on the high boost side of things (boost activated switch), it'll help with that lean condition.

EDIT: and because its cheaper and easier to maintain/install/fill.

also, it was never answered...is this car intercooled? it sure looked like it was....although if that was the intercooler, it was a mighty crappy one.

Last edited by kompressor85; 05-06-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's only $650 if you don't return the core pulley, then it's only $350 but putting dollars aside, say money was no object. We tried water/alcohol injection from Aquamist from the UK. Also tried IC misting system from Australia. Also I've tested two intercoolers, the Renntech made by Spearco and Racetech made by a company that builds race cars. Both real pretty. You should search the forum for more details but I can tell you one thing, we tested extensively on a dyno. The two best and tied for first place were the water/alcohol injection and IC mister. At very extreme conditions, after back to back runs with no time to cool down, we were able to lose 5 less HP with these systems over doing nothing. That means that if you drive your car in the desert constantly accellerating to redline without moving fast, sort of like autocross, you might have a 5 HP advantage albeit with the maintenance problem of refilling it. As for the intercoolers, the Renntech was the most ineffcient followed by Ractec, both lost significant HP when cool, when we maxed out the heat after 3 back to back runs, the Renntech lost 5 HP over stock, the Ractec broke even.

There's only a few mods you can do that's cheap on the M111 motor, under $3,000 that will buy you noticable power, #1 is a pulley kit good for 25 RWHP, #2 bang for the buck is a good aftermarket airfilter or CAI, good for 3-4 RWHP, #3, Supersprint headers, high flow cat, high flow muffler - 10-12 RWHP. You can also do NOS but I'm not one to try NOS. Also, if you are adventurous, you can do a Turbo for under $3k but you are going to have design it yourself but then getting 300HP is not unreasonable, one person already did it.

Look at the bright side, you can't do any of this stuff on a M271 and get any decent gains.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:34 AM

2007 C230/2007 A3 S-Line/2004 20g STi
I have been running Methanol injection on my STi for about 3 months. It has by far been the best bang for the buck mod I have done. It's just scary to think about the pump failing while running that much boost and timing.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:43 AM

you remind me of me ,when i first bought my car... except you own an m111

go intake/exhaust/header/pulley/cams and then make up for the deficit in fuel with your meth injection

you'll see north of 250 crank hp possibly... and that's all you can do that is reasonable on this car

if you want more youd have to go turbo or swap for a larger blower

but in general there aren't as many mods out there as there are for japanese cars (I used to own a turboed celica and a twin turbo 3000GT)

dropping 1200usd in a 3000GT is the difference between 320hp (stock @ 7psi) and 425 hp (@ 16psi maxing stock turbos and stock fuel

-nuke
Old 05-17-2007, 09:57 AM

Alc/meth inj is one of the best mods to do to a car. Its even better if you have the supporting mods. I have seen cars be able to run 5-10 lbs more of boost and pick up a decent gain as well.