C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

New Project PICS!! (56K beware)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2007 | 10:17 PM

/////AMG
Originally Posted by sim_benz
yeah, it sticks up like 1/4-1/2 inch...thanks TWS! (it was one of the first things I personally did with them, and i was sort-of bullied into leaving it like that...and they are like 2hrs away so i couldnt just drop by to bug them every once in a while...hopefully eurorev'll be better)...im having eurorev take a look when they are doing my work, see if they can make it fit a little better.
I had the same problem with my first OEM carbon fiber hood. Unfortunately, the two arms holding the cf hood has an object that projects out and hits the bottom of the cf hood which cause it to stay elevated. I took it to a local body shop, and they shave some of the residue underneath the carbon fiber hood to fix that issue. However, my second carbon fiber hood is a VIS, no problem whatsoever.
Old 06-04-2007 | 11:30 PM

mine: '01 C240 w/heavy modifications dad's: '05 997 Carrera S
mine is the same as yours, VIS...so you are just saying that they need to shave it a little to get it to fit right?

it fits perfectly around the headlights, and gradually goes up to being about 1/2-1/4 inch about the fenders at the very windshield-edge.

now that i know it CAN be done, and (according to you, please correct me if im wrong) pretty easily without damaging the hood, im definately going to ask eurorev if they can help me out.

please, go a litle more in depth and tell me what what you are talking about intails.

thanks
Old 06-05-2007 | 03:40 AM

/////AMG
Originally Posted by sim_benz
mine is the same as yours, VIS...so you are just saying that they need to shave it a little to get it to fit right?

it fits perfectly around the headlights, and gradually goes up to being about 1/2-1/4 inch about the fenders at the very windshield-edge.

now that i know it CAN be done, and (according to you, please correct me if im wrong) pretty easily without damaging the hood, im definately going to ask eurorev if they can help me out.

please, go a litle more in depth and tell me what what you are talking about intails.

thanks

Hm, strange, my VIS fits perfectly without a problem. The OEM and VIS are designed differently, you may have to use a different route to solve your problem unless it was installed incorrectly.
Old 06-05-2007 | 07:53 PM

maybe im an idiot...but coul you clarify what the difference between OEm and VIS is? im kinda confused....isnt VIS a brand name?
Old 06-05-2007 | 10:34 PM

Teaser Before Pics

hey everybody, i thought i would post some before pictures of the ol' kaiser before i take him in (FINALLY!!) to the shop. eesh i couldnt manage it monday, but tomorrow FOR SURE its going in...should have it back middle'o next week.

notice the updated mirror blinkers:

its wet, just rinsed it down so its not filthy when it goes in

notice the new eisenmann pipes! (also this is a good before for the smoke-job im getting)

and a closer shot
Old 06-07-2007 | 12:08 AM

just dropped it off...ECU tune and then prep for paint tomorrow, might even be able to pick it up monday! (probably not...but hey, there's hope)
Old 06-15-2007 | 11:24 AM

got it from eurorev day before yesterday, took some teasers.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/197852-project-pretty-much-done-teasers-no-56k.html

Im going back to eurorev for fine tuning during the coming week, then ill do a full photoshoot. Once the little gaps and mesh other things are done, itll be CLEAN.

Im incredibly happy with it, especially the tailsmoke. If you are in SoCal and want to get your tails smoked, go to Eurorev. As a satisfied customer, I am completely recommending them for tail smoke, best job Ive seen (no bias there, LOL). When they fix my car up perfect, ill recommend them for everything else!