C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Painting Trunk Badges Body Color?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E90 M3
Originally Posted by Saprissa
Welcome to 2002
i dont get it. anyone care to clarify for a newbie like me?
Old 05-14-2007, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IS300
kevblah, i was just looking at your picture and i was wondering what that was right under your liscence plate on the trunk. Is it rust? but that doesn't make sense since its only a 2002. Anyway, i think you should plaint the badges, it will give yours a different look. Also considering its a C320 you have nothing to be hiding and it will still have a clean look.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
Originally Posted by kevblah
meaning it was stylish or was beginning to be done in 2002.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by adusumilli4
kevblah, i was just looking at your picture and i was wondering what that was right under your liscence plate on the trunk. Is it rust? but that doesn't make sense since its only a 2002. Anyway, i think you should plaint the badges, it will give yours a different look. Also considering its a C320 you have nothing to be hiding and it will still have a clean look.
yeah its rust and theres paint chipping away
it was less severe when i bought it, but its getting worse
i've been meanign to get it repainted at a body shop
but saving up for rims first lol
Old 05-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Yeah, do it! That would be PHAT! Best mod ever!
Old 05-15-2007, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by drexappeal
Yeah, do it! That would be PHAT! Best mod ever!
painting the badges silver?
or repainting my trunk? LOL
Old 05-15-2007, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
painting the badges silver?
or repainting my trunk? LOL
Paint the top and bottom portion of the taillights too! While you're at it, you should paint the headlight lens, so it looks like the E Class or w208 CLK!
Old 05-15-2007, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Paint the top and bottom portion of the taillights too! While you're at it, you should paint the headlight lens, so it looks like the E Class or w208 CLK!
Not really appreciating the sarcasm here, since this thread was legitimate and was seeking some honest opinions.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Not really appreciating the sarcasm here, since this thread was legitimate and was seeking some honest opinions.
Dude, you're really stretching now. Look at some of the thread topics you've started:

- Painting Trunk Badges Body Color?
- Painting Mass. Plates Green
- Trunk Lid Paint Chipping/Rusting BAD
- Chrome Taillight Trim
- is my car going to be okay?
- HIDs and Police Attention
- New Remus Exhaust
- What was your first mod?
All of these threads could've been asked in previous threads discussing these topics. 1/2 of the threads you've started can be merged with each other!

Speaking honestly . You want constructive criticism...This Mod would be the BIGGEST waste of money ever...but if you want it, just get it!

Why are you so concerned about what other people think about a mod?...Oh, I forgot, you are a kid. If you want it, then do it! It's as simple as that. Now please stop wasting all these good people's time and start READING the forums and SEARCHING for threads you can actually pose questions in, rather than starting absolutely selfish and non-productive threads.

Wait...you just wasted my time having to type this ish that I've stated to you, for I don't know how many times, on this forum. And you have the audacity (look it up in Webster's dictionary, junior) to say that my "sarcasm" is not warranted?...Okay, that just took 5 minutes of my time and my time is worth a lot...Can you pay for all the times that I've wasted explaining this to you?...Oh wait, on second thought, just save that money that you would pay me for my time for your "new and inventive" mod that you've thought of...
Old 05-15-2007, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Dude, you're really stretching now. Look at some of the thread topics you've started:

All of these threads could've been asked in previous threads discussing these topics. 1/2 of the threads you've started can be merged with each other!

Speaking honestly . You want constructive criticism...This Mod would be the BIGGEST waste of money ever...but if you want it, just get it!

Why are you so concerned about what other people think about a mod?...Oh, I forgot, you are a kid. If you want it, then do it! It's as simple as that. Now please stop wasting all these good people's time and start READING the forums and SEARCHING for threads you can actually pose questions in, rather than starting absolutely selfish and non-productive threads.

Wait...you just wasted my time having to type this ish that I've stated to you, for I don't know how many times, on this forum. And you have the audacity (look it up in Webster's dictionary, junior) to say that my "sarcasm" is not warranted?...Okay, that just took 5 minutes of my time and my time is worth a lot...Can you pay for all the times that I've wasted explaining this to you?...Oh wait, on second thought, just save that money that you would pay me for my time for your "new and inventive" mod that you've thought of...
As much as I would love to type up a polite rebuttal to each and every one of those statements, I'm not here for trouble. I know my place on these forums and I won't let any differences between anyone spoil the fun and enjoyment that I gain from these forums.

Also, I'd rather get a nasty reply to a "unwarranted thread" then to go ahead, do the mod, and get flamed.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IS300
Also, I'd rather get a nasty reply to a "unwarranted thread" then to go ahead, do the mod, and get flamed.
Thats a good philosophy. I've been spending a lot of time reading old threads and after seeing what happened to rahstyles, it is a good idea.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Old 05-15-2007, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by tozfeekum
HAHAAHAAH
Old 05-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
If you want to paint your badges, then go ahead and do so. Post the results. If you are not pleased the appearance, and the ensuing flames you may receive, just pick up some new pieces from dad’s parts department on your way home from school.

Why do you consider yourself a "newbie?" You joined MBWorld this past February. Since that time, by last count, you have posted 998 times. More than twelve times per day. This is, of course, a public forum. Anyone who abides by the TOU is free to post. Please temper your enthusiasm to post “new” topics, subjects and information that have already been discussed here repeatedly.

When I share my antique collectables (Second Amendment) with someone other than a trusted friend, I kindly ask them to: “Look and enjoy but please don’t touch.” Please remind yourself of that simple courtesy when your keyboard beckons and the impulse to click Submit Reply becomes overwhelming for you.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by splinter

When I share my antique collectables (Second Amendment) with someone other than a trusted friend, I kindly ask them to: “Look and enjoy but please don’t touch.” Please remind yourself of that simple courtesy when your keyboard beckons and the impulse to click Submit Reply becomes overwhelming for you.