C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Help on turn signal problem :(

Old 12-10-2007, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by tdrscott
..Have you heard of the display staying lit all the time due to one particular fault .....and in turn, being a battery drain? I still have one fault, the SOS not being activated ....
No....no....the dealer can turn off the SOS warning permanently I believe.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Ok, so I'm going to resurrect an old thread.

I just got a message on my DAS saying something like "Turn Signal Left Mirror".
It's white, not red. I tested the left turn signals and all of the turn signals are working and blinking fine (front, back, side marker and mirror).
When i turn the car off and back on, it goes away.
Then when I use the left turn signal, it comes back.

Anyone have any idea why it would be giving me this message even though all of the signal bulbs are working fine?
Old 12-16-2008, 03:58 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2005 C230 Sport Coupe
Just wanted to ad this to this thread for those of you that Don't want to ad the extra wire, but need your turn signal to work.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...al-repair.html

Dave
Old 12-16-2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by drb930
Just wanted to ad this to this thread for those of you that Don't want to ad the extra wire, but need your turn signal to work.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...al-repair.html

Dave
Thanks for posting that.

Mine seems to be an issue with the left mirror turn signal. It works, in fact all of the turn signals work just fine, yet it's throwing a message on my DAS. I stff'd but couldn't find a post with anyone that has had this happen.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C230k
I've been having the same problem. It comes and goes. I pulled the mirror and cleaned the connections where it plugs into the car. Didn't seem to make a difference. There was some condensation behind the lens a little while ago. Next time I get the message, I figure I'll try to take apart the flasher and see if there was any moisture that got to the wiring for the led's and caused any corrosion. And none of my lights are out, either. Also, when it is happening, the turn signal indicator in the car blinks twice as fast as usual, although the outside flasher blinks normally. Any ideas anyone?
Old 12-17-2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff W
I've been having the same problem. It comes and goes. I pulled the mirror and cleaned the connections where it plugs into the car. Didn't seem to make a difference. There was some condensation behind the lens a little while ago. Next time I get the message, I figure I'll try to take apart the flasher and see if there was any moisture that got to the wiring for the led's and caused any corrosion. And none of my lights are out, either. Also, when it is happening, the turn signal indicator in the car blinks twice as fast as usual, although the outside flasher blinks normally. Any ideas anyone?
Was your blinker still working when you got the message?

It didn't do this to me today. I'll have to check to see if a wire is exposed as it was raining yesterday and today it isn't. I'm wondering if it my be shorting somewhere due to moisture.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:01 PM

05 C230k
Originally Posted by billbugger
Was your blinker still working when you got the message?

It didn't do this to me today. I'll have to check to see if a wire is exposed as it was raining yesterday and today it isn't. I'm wondering if it my be shorting somewhere due to moisture.
All the signals have always worked correctly. The only thing amiss was the fast left blinker in the car, and the "turn signal left mirror" message. It did it this morning, but not this afternoon. Goofy.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff W
All the signals have always worked correctly. The only thing amiss was the fast left blinker in the car, and the "turn signal left mirror" message. It did it this morning, but not this afternoon. Goofy.
Ditto, we have the seemingly exact same problem. Mine would fast blink for a second, then normal blink.

Well it's raining/snowing here in Las Vegas now (WTF?!?!) so I'll see if it does it again on the way home, in case it is a moisture issue.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:56 AM

Whatever I Want!
Red face

Man I installed some LED side marker bulbs and the front running lights are blinking now...
Old 06-20-2016, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2013 C350 Coupe, 2005 C230K Kleemann Sedan, 2013 GLK350 4matic
Originally Posted by billbugger
Ditto, we have the seemingly exact same problem. Mine would fast blink for a second, then normal blink.

Well it's raining/snowing here in Las Vegas now (WTF?!?!) so I'll see if it does it again on the way home, in case it is a moisture issue.
My 2005 C230 is having the same issue now. Was there a resolution to this issue?