C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sliding Cover Handle is white?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CLK350 Cabriolet Previous: W203,W202,W201, 2 Porsche 914s, 1965 Jaguar XKE Roadster
Sliding Cover Handle is white?

Right up front, I'll admit that this is really picky...just hoping to get a second opionion. I've got the black textured sliding door in the center console over the cupholder. The handle has a stripe across it that is white, which never really made any sense to me since no other interior pieces in my car are trimmed in white. I slid the handle back last night on my way home from work and felt that it was really rough on the right hand side. I looked at it closely when I got home, and there was some chrome plating on this stripe at the ends and on the front side that isn't really visible as you're driving. This piece was probably chrome plated all the way across at one point, and the chrome plating has flaked off. The car is still under warranty, and I'm considering bringing it in to have the sliding door replaced (I'm assuming the handle is attached). It's really a small detail, and makes me feel like I'm a fanatic, but it bugs me. The car is all black, silver textured interior trim, and a white stripe going across the sliding door handle.

Is this something anyone else would bother with, or am I just being petty?
Old 06-12-2007, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Let's get a picture of how bad it is. Regardless, if it's covered under warranty and it bothers you, it's probably something worth persuing.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Kompressive
Right up front, I'll admit that this is really picky...just hoping to get a second opionion. I've got the black textured sliding door in the center console over the cupholder. The handle has a stripe across it that is white, which never really made any sense to me since no other interior pieces in my car are trimmed in white. I slid the handle back last night on my way home from work and felt that it was really rough on the right hand side. I looked at it closely when I got home, and there was some chrome plating on this stripe at the ends and on the front side that isn't really visible as you're driving. This piece was probably chrome plated all the way across at one point, and the chrome plating has flaked off. The car is still under warranty, and I'm considering bringing it in to have the sliding door replaced (I'm assuming the handle is attached). It's really a small detail, and makes me feel like I'm a fanatic, but it bugs me. The car is all black, silver textured interior trim, and a white stripe going across the sliding door handle.

Is this something anyone else would bother with, or am I just being petty?
It's supposed to be chrome. Have it replaced.