C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Bi-Xenons on right hand drive car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200K
Bi-Xenons on right hand drive car

Has anyone been able to buy aftermarket OEM Bi-Xenon headlight assembly made specifically for right hand drive countries?

I've been following the bi-xenon posts here have most, if not all relate to left hand drive vehicles.

Cheers
Old 10-19-2002, 09:40 AM
JeT

Re: Bi-Xenons on right hand drive car

Originally posted by 3pointedSTAR
Has anyone been able to buy aftermarket OEM Bi-Xenon headlight assembly made specifically for right hand drive countries?

I've been following the bi-xenon posts here have most, if not all relate to left hand drive vehicles.

Cheers
There is absolutley no difference between the Bi-xenons on a right hand as opposed to left hand drive.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:55 AM

C200K
JeT ---------------

Sure there is, the difference is in the beam pattern, if you lived in europe you would know all too well that when you drive say from U.K. across to Germany you will need to apply pattern correcting meshes on your lens.

Steve (MBenzNL of benzsport.com) is selling both left and right hand drive versions.

http://www.benzsport.com/forums/show...301#post154301

All ----------------

I think it's time for this thread to die, a few minutes after I created this thread I stumbled across Steve's classified (see link above)

Thanks all
Old 10-19-2002, 10:09 AM

C200K
Oops that URL didn't come out too well... here it is (Steve's ad)

if this doesn't work then those that are interested in right hand drive bi-xenons can do a search on benzsport.com

http://www.benzsport.com/forums/show...301#post154301

(off topic) JeT, how's Sydney? I just moved to Thailand after having lived in Oz for 13 years... missing it already.

Cheers
Old 10-19-2002, 10:21 AM
JeT

A few years ago we had an assembly sent over from the US for an Audi. All that was required was an adjustment to the beam when installed. There was no mention of a right or left side difference. I'm guessing MBs are different?!
Old 10-19-2002, 10:28 AM
JeT

Originally posted by 3pointedSTAR

(off topic) JeT, how's Sydney? I just moved to Thailand after having lived in Oz for 13 years... missing it already.

Cheers
Sydney's great...weather is getting warmer. I'm actually back in Brisbane now but still go to Sydney often. I was in Thailand a few months ago on holiday...are you originally from Thailand or are you an expat?
Old 10-28-2002, 05:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Re: Re: Bi-Xenons on right hand drive car

Originally posted by JeT
There is absolutley no difference between the Bi-xenons on a right hand as opposed to left hand drive.
There is quiet a big difference between Righthand and Lefthand drive lightpatterns...

In the projector lights is a steel plate that covers the bottomhalf Xenon reflector. The topside of that cover has a specific shape and that shape is in charge of the actual lightbeam coming out of the headlight (passed the projector lens).

Here are some links to Bi Xenon reflectors with covering steel plates to show the differences:

picture 1 shows the covering plate on a euro spec RechtsVerkehr covering plate...the shape of the topside of this covering plate can be found back in the light pattern on picture 2 .

These Euro spec lights have a thin steel plate that can be switched over from the rearside (after removing the black lid) to blind the upgoing angle in the vergeside of the lightpattern (this goes for both right and lefthand driven bi xenons).
On the following picture this plate is pushed downwards with a yellow ballpoint which makes the rightside of the thin steelplate cover the upgoing shape in the lightpattern creating covering plate...(compare this with picture 1 to see the difference).

LinksVerkehr Lights have a covering steel plate over the Xenon reflector with a mirrored shape cerating an angled up light on the leftside of the car (instead of on the rightside of the car). picture 4 shows the LV lightpattern.
Using a headlight with LV pattern in a RV country (or the otherway around) will have you blind all uncomming traffic!

picture 5 shows the covering plate on a US-spec xenon reflector...the topside shape is different as on the euro xenon reflector and therefore the lightpattern is completely different as well: last picture shows the US lightpattern.

greetingz,
Old 10-28-2002, 08:36 AM
JeT

errr, thanks for going to all the trouble...I would have taken your word for it if you wrote one line!
Old 10-31-2002, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
can't the euro/rt hand drive be manually adjusted very close to the US version...even tho the beam pattern may be a little different....it would work just fine I bet.