C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

07 C Class Deal??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2007 | 06:23 PM

07 C Class Deal??

Ok I'm looking to get a 07 C350 Sport or maybe even a C230 Sport? Carsdirect.com have the 350 Sport about $7500 under MSRP and 230 Sport for about $5000 under MSRP. Do you guys think I can do even better at the dealerships. I'm in SoCal. Anyone get a deal on a C class lately? Please post your purchase price and lease numbers if possible.
Old 08-05-2007 | 02:17 AM

Bla bla
Originally Posted by mrtrance
Ok I'm looking to get a 07 C350 Sport or maybe even a C230 Sport? Carsdirect.com have the 350 Sport about $7500 under MSRP and 230 Sport for about $5000 under MSRP. Do you guys think I can do even better at the dealerships. I'm in SoCal. Anyone get a deal on a C class lately? Please post your purchase price and lease numbers if possible.
YES! YES! YES! I am in So Cal and just got my C230 Sport loaded. I got it from Joy Zhao of Pensky Motors Mercedes in West Covina, in LA!!!! She even came picked up me 40 miles away, she is awesome to deal with. We finalized the deal over the phone, I give her my credit card for deposit. C230 is a better deal, C350 is VERY expensive for a small car. You don't need carsdirect.com, call Joy Zhao at Penske West Covina, you can find their number on Mercedes site. $5K off just about right, you can ask for probably another $500 off. Tell Joy, KC sent you!
Old 08-05-2007 | 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by kc2007
YES! YES! YES! I am in So Cal and just got my C230 Sport loaded. I got it from Joy Zhao of Pensky Motors Mercedes in West Covina, in LA!!!! She even came picked up me 40 miles away, she is awesome to deal with. We finalized the deal over the phone, I give her my credit card for deposit. C230 is a better deal, C350 is VERY expensive for a small car. You don't need carsdirect.com, call Joy Zhao at Penske West Covina, you can find their number on Mercedes site. $5K off just about right, you can ask for probably another $500 off. Tell Joy, KC sent you!
Did you lease or purchase the car? If leased can you provide the money factor and residual? Did you get the car this month or back in July? Did you drive the C350 as well to compare the two?
Old 08-05-2007 | 04:20 PM

Bla bla
I bought it a week ago, no lease, that's throwing money out of the window. Unless you are ONLY looking at payments/rental not at reality of owning or "buying" a car. I didn't test drive the C350, that car has 268 horsepower which mean a couple of seconds faster, cool right? well you will get less MPG.

Horsepower is not everything, it's the handling that matters, C230 Sport is amazing, I can tell NO difference between it and new BMW 328i with Sport Pkg. Power wise the C230 is good enough for me, it's a Mercedes, it will go when you want it to. Don't read into too much reviews from drivers that seem to be talking dyno numbers, or get a HP from a muffler change, that's non-sense. If you are serious about power get the AMG model, they are beasts period but harsh.

C230 Sport is a sophicated extremely well made car, power is VERY good in my view. Again, keep in mind if you live in real world have a family or have other things to buy, C350 is about 7k to 8K more, for extra 60 horses or so it's a sky high price to pay and to me NOT worth it. Yes, it will be faster, more torque you can feel but you need to ask is the C230 just a "horrible horrible" car?? Anyone here can tell you no way.

The fact is if you got $30K to toss around, nothing beats C230. You get quite a bit of equipement like AMG kit, that BMW will not give you. Everything about the car screams premium. Go check it out and test drive it i think you will be very happy.

Oh what kind of car are you driving now? I used to own a Passat which is a fine car, the C230 is WAY WAY better in every way, sounds sophicated, feels tight and solid.

I was passing all sorts cars last night on 405 going south to OC. Step on it, it will fly, difference is C350 will fly a bit fast if you are willing to pay a lot more dough.
Old 08-05-2007 | 06:39 PM

I bought it a week ago, no lease, that's throwing money out of the window. Unless you are ONLY looking at payments/rental not at reality of owning or "buying" a car. I didn't test drive the C350, that car has 268 horsepower which mean a couple of seconds faster, cool right? well you will get less MPG.

Horsepower is not everything, it's the handling that matters, C230 Sport is amazing, I can tell NO difference between it and new BMW 328i with Sport Pkg. Power wise the C230 is good enough for me, it's a Mercedes, it will go when you want it to. Don't read into too much reviews from drivers that seem to be talking dyno numbers, or get a HP from a muffler change, that's non-sense. If you are serious about power get the AMG model, they are beasts period but harsh.

C230 Sport is a sophicated extremely well made car, power is VERY good in my view. Again, keep in mind if you live in real world have a family or have other things to buy, C350 is about 7k to 8K more, for extra 60 horses or so it's a sky high price to pay and to me NOT worth it. Yes, it will be faster, more torque you can feel but you need to ask is the C230 just a "horrible horrible" car?? Anyone here can tell you no way.

The fact is if you got $30K to toss around, nothing beats C230. You get quite a bit of equipement like AMG kit, that BMW will not give you. Everything about the car screams premium. Go check it out and test drive it i think you will be very happy.

Oh what kind of car are you driving now? I used to own a Passat which is a fine car, the C230 is WAY WAY better in every way, sounds sophicated, feels tight and solid.

I was passing all sorts cars last night on 405 going south to OC. Step on it, it will fly, difference is C350 will fly a bit fast if you are willing to pay a lot more dough.
I have a 06 G35 coupe. I will try to go out and test drive one this week and see how it responds. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-05-2007 | 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320

Sticking in my opinion about the BMW for our G35 friend here...

The C230 is indeed a very good car handling-wise. However, I was able to notice several differences between the C230 and the 328i. Coming from a G35 coupe, you'll probably be more keen to the handling of the Mercedes as it is more similar to the Infiniti.

In comparison between the BMW 328i and the Mercedes-Benz C230, the BMW has slightly better turn-in, never any need to use the throttle to balance front/rear weight balance, BMW unfortunately has mediocre brakes in my opinion as itsuffers one-piston floating calipers compared to the C230's 2-piston fixed, the steering is nicely weighted and gives slightly more feedback than the Mercedes but goes completely dead when it is centered after doing S-curves (you have to drive the car on twisty roads to see what I mean with this comment).

Basically, BMW's overall handling is slightly better than the Mercedes C230, but suffers from steering that goes numb in certain cases and so-so brakes.

Some things are a matter of preference. For instance, the BMW 328i employs the GM automatic transmission (assuming you acquire an automatic car), it's very good and direct, meaning you feel the shifts. The Mercedes employs a 7-speed transmission that's buttery smooth but slightly indirect.

It all depends on what you value. Fortunately, with either case, you can't go wrong.
Old 08-06-2007 | 12:31 AM

Bla bla
I agree with previous comments regarding BMW and Mercedes. BMW is overall a more sporty car, but again very small differences, if you are a TRUE driver as the previous gentleman then yes there are some small differences. If you are like me a daily driver wants something sporty and looks HOT than 328i will look plain sitting next to a AMG kit C230 sport with blue tinted glasses!

Since you since Infiniti G35, you will obviously notice a quite a bit of differences in power. I think yours is almost at 300 horse, a monster. Keep in mind, Mercedes is not ALL about power unless you go AMG models. C230 to me drives with a level of sophications that Japanese counterpart can't and will not duplicate and with design cues that can't be approached, otherwise Germans will go out of business, and this is precisely why German cars will look right when you go to places like Newport Beach or Laguna Beach or any upscale places. My opinion is that Japanese car just doesn't have the right look or attitude or prestige to rival the Germans, Audi, Merc, or BMW alike.

I can tell you I test drove 07 G35 Sedan before I bought my Mercedes, the new G35 is a MONSTER, screams and pulls! However, build quality and design are just not as nice as the Mercedes. The C230 is WELL made, and you feel it when you climb into it. Everything is a solid feel, so it's like Amani suit vs. your Macy label suit.

If you are looking for sophication (ie 7 speeds, AMG kit, Merc names, dealer service), then look no further. If you are big on power, and speed and less concerned about above then you get a lot of car in a Infiniti. So can't have your cake and eat it too applies, it's all about you get some and lose some.

My C230 sport turns heads from BMW Audi drivers, and a lots ladies. I have always stopped and stared at new BMW, Merc or Audi in the parking garages at work or shopping malls. I never stopped to check out a Lexus, Infiniti or Acura other than a quick glance, I think their design ages quickly in a year or two. Just think Acura TL or Lexus GS, the old Lexus IS. You see these cars on the road today, they look pretty ugly. But there are plenty of older Bimmer, Merc, Audi still look stunning!! That to me is the difference.

GOOD LUCK!! Whatever you pick as long as you are happy that is the only thing that matters anyways! If you never drove a German car, you are in for a treat.
Old 08-06-2007 | 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
I agree with previous comments regarding BMW and Mercedes. BMW is overall a more sporty car, but again very small differences, if you are a TRUE driver as the previous gentleman then yes there are some small differences. If you are like me a daily driver wants something sporty and looks HOT than 328i will look plain sitting next to a AMG kit C230 sport with blue tinted glasses!

Since you since Infiniti G35, you will obviously notice a quite a bit of differences in power. I think yours is almost at 300 horse, a monster. Keep in mind, Mercedes is not ALL about power unless you go AMG models. C230 to me drives with a level of sophications that Japanese counterpart can't and will not duplicate and with design cues that can't be approached, otherwise Germans will go out of business, and this is precisely why German cars will look right when you go to places like Newport Beach or Laguna Beach or any upscale places. My opinion is that Japanese car just doesn't have the right look or attitude or prestige to rival the Germans, Audi, Merc, or BMW alike.

I can tell you I test drove 07 G35 Sedan before I bought my Mercedes, the new G35 is a MONSTER, screams and pulls! However, build quality and design are just not as nice as the Mercedes. The C230 is WELL made, and you feel it when you climb into it. Everything is a solid feel, so it's like Amani suit vs. your Macy label suit.

If you are looking for sophication (ie 7 speeds, AMG kit, Merc names, dealer service), then look no further. If you are big on power, and speed and less concerned about above then you get a lot of car in a Infiniti. So can't have your cake and eat it too applies, it's all about you get some and lose some.

My C230 sport turns heads from BMW Audi drivers, and a lots ladies. I have always stopped and stared at new BMW, Merc or Audi in the parking garages at work or shopping malls. I never stopped to check out a Lexus, Infiniti or Acura other than a quick glance, I think their design ages quickly in a year or two. Just think Acura TL or Lexus GS, the old Lexus IS. You see these cars on the road today, they look pretty ugly. But there are plenty of older Bimmer, Merc, Audi still look stunning!! That to me is the difference.

GOOD LUCK!! Whatever you pick as long as you are happy that is the only thing that matters anyways! If you never drove a German car, you are in for a treat.
My first car was a Mercedes and I plan on sticking with European cars.

In accordance with KC2007's comments about the C230, I'd say that it isn't the most "well-made" vehicle I've seen, but I've found faults on a Maybach and Ferrari interiors. There have been many complaints about peeling armrests and other issues. Mercedes-Benz is not the well-made car it used to be.

I'd say Japanese cars are becoming very competitive towards European cars. Having driven the 2005 G35 sedan and the 2006 Lexus IS350, I've been pleasantly impressed with the increased performance and handling that's coming close to German car levels.

It is my opinion that the new Lexus IS and the 2005 G35 sedan (have yet to drive the new 2007 model) are very competent at handling corners and S-curves; almost to the point of perfection the BMW and Mercede-Benz vehicles achieve. Other than less precise steering, it is only at extremely high speeds, do you start to realize the differences in handling limits.

There is one caveat to owning European cars; they're much more prone to failure than your Infiniti or Lexus Japanese brands. Once again, modern Mercedes-Benz vehicles are not the indestructible cars they used to be.
Old 08-06-2007 | 01:20 AM

2004.0 C230 Sedan
I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents about the C230, and make some comments about other posts.

I think the C230 is a great car overall. At full sticker price, it definately ISN'T the greatest value out there. Acura TL, Infiniti G35, and countless others at the same price offer more power and features at a lower price. But power and features aren't everything. The C230 offers incredible style, great safety features, MB prestige, and a very solid refined feeling car. That being said, buying a C230 at $5000 off MSRP makes it the best buy right now.

However, the C230 is not a fast car by any means (especially the newer 06-07 C230's with the 2.5 V-6). It has plenty of power for daily driving and passing on the highway, but is not a car you want to try to race at a red light. Other cars at the same price range will all DUST the C230 in a race. The 06 and 07 C230 does 0-60 in 8.5 seconds with an auto tranny (the 04 and 05 C230 1.8 Supercharged does 0-60 in 7.8 with the auto). The C230 can't even hang with V-6 Accords or Altimas. But the C230 isn't meant to be a blazing fast sports car. If speed is important to you, the C350 would probably be a better pick for you (good luck finding a C350 now though).

In terms of comparing the C230 to a 3-series (with sport package), I don't agree with the other posts in this thread. My car before the C230 was a 325Ci with the sport package. The 3 series is by far the best handling and most responsive car I have owned. There is so much refinement in the handling and feedback of the BMW that most people won't appreciate or notice without taking the 3 to the limit. There is much better feel to the 3 series when driving hard, and it is easier to tell when you are reaching the limit before loosing control of the rear end. In the C230, it is much harder to tell before you lose the rear end (not that you actually lose the rear end, but talking about when the traction control jumps in and takes control). I'm not saying that the C230 doesn't handle well, it does. But I don't think it's "almost" as good as a 3 series. I used to race a lot of SCCA events, so I think I have a more critical eye in regards to handling compared to most drivers. The C230 definately wins in terms of comfort though, which I think is more important in a luxury sport sedan. The suspension is more forgiving, and the seats are A LOT more comfortable. I couldn't stand sitting in my 3 series sport seats for more than an hour.

Last edited by XenonBenz; 08-06-2007 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-06-2007 | 03:08 AM

Bla bla
i agree! Mercedes is all about comfort, luxury and sporty. So people compare the C230 to the Infiniti Gs, well try compare G with any of the Mercedes AMG models. Germans can make hot rods too and they are bad asses. I saw a S class Brabus pkg at the dealer, it's the baddest thing I've ever seen.
Compare the curves and body panel on the Japanese cars to the Germans, the German cars are put together beautifully, not to say Japanese cars are not but just not the same. THe C230 even has Nano particle paint to prevent scratches, one might even say Germans tend to go over enigneering.
I love my C230, it's plenty fast, engine is quite but reminds you it's a very sophicated engine and sounds good when pushed. The 7 speed transmission is amazing, smooth!

Anyone want power for cheap, go with Mustangs, or a used G35... Want style, prestige, and sensible car? Want $5k to $6k off, same price as a loaded Camry? Get the C230. Boy, I feel like I need a cut of the commission here. Oh lastly, I constantly have people approach me at the car wash and shopping center parking lot saying I have a beautiful car. My dad bought a new C240 when it first came out in 2002, only have 18K miles still, blk on blk chrome highlight on the outside, smell of good leather, baby S class design cues, guess what, it looks stunning, he keeps it showroom shine! Wanna look at the 02 Acura or Lexus IS alike?

I like the new IS, test drove one, pretty good but it's NO Mercedes. Here's another thought, Infiniti, Acura, and Lexus are sold in other market as Toyota and Honda, here in US some people call them expensive Nissan, Honda, Toyota. But when you drive a C and with that star on the hood, you are in the family with some of the most expensive and exotic car in the world. The expensive S class has the same star on the hood, the entire family has the same grill, oh yeah you are in the Mercedes family. Even the beautiful new weighty 07 key with solid chrome on black draws attention.

I would even go further by offer a caveat of my own, as an owner of the C230 I constantly have people think that they could not afford it, and I make real good money. Not that is neccessary good, but it does give you superiority complex. U can't really get that in other cars, at least entry level luxury Japanese cars. My dad NEVER had a single problem with his car, yes Japanese cars are VERY reliable but they tend to be very boring cars. Want something interesting get the German car.
Old 08-06-2007 | 11:59 AM

2004.0 C230 Sedan
LOL. I just realized that this thread got WAY off topic. Sorry Mr Trance, this became a review of the car instead of price and lease numbers.

The prices you mentioned from carsdirect.com will give you a good ballpark of what you can get off the car. It's going to depend on your dealer and region of the US you are in.

I've seen a few posts on this site and other sites where users reported getting anywhere from $4,000 to almost $6,000 off of sticker price of an 07 C230. It seems the more options you get, the more you get off the car. I don't know the specific money factors on the current leases, but the C230 was leasing well 2 weeks ago. However, I heard that the C350 isn't leasing well due to a high money factor.

The 2008 C-Class will be available for purchase tomorrow. Not sure if you wanted to check it out before buying the 2007, but I saw one last week, and it's SWEET! I might be trading my 04 in soon...
Old 08-06-2007 | 04:03 PM

2007 C230 Sport manual
Deals are definatly to be had on 2007 models. I have taken a quick test drive of the 2008. As far as I could tell, the differences are only cosmetic. But they are very big differences. If you want a Merc C-Class and like the 2007 styling, then go for it. It is hard to get more bang for the buck.
Old 08-06-2007 | 04:48 PM

Well one SoCal dealer got back to me and he told the best they might be able to do is 30K on C230 Sport with auto, sunroof pk and ent pkg. So far carsdirect.com has the best price for the same vehicle for $29,466 ($5600 off of MSRP). Dealers should be able to match at least carsdirect and usually you can do better by like $500 more at the dealerships. I'm shooting for $29K
for this vehicle. Anyone can recommend any other SoCal dealers? I'm in contact with Fletcher Jones NB and House of Imports. I'm waiting to see what kind of quote they can give me.
Old 08-06-2007 | 04:57 PM
KA8

2003 CL55 AMG
Well here's my 2 cents. We got 06 c230 SS just over a yr ago. Since then it's been to the dealer 4 times for unscheduled visit. I know MOST C-class owners are happy with their cars but mine wasn't so good. I'm not saying they're bad... In fact I love how it drives and feels but quality on these cars is questionable. Power is just OK it's not TOO BAD... it feels like a small 4 cyl turbo engine. It's got no torque but with help of aggressive gearing and high revving engine it's got decent power on the high end. Since you're coming from an infiniti G you'll probably get disappointed with the power differences and bad thing about C class is that it's freakin everywhere... it's like german version of accord/camry. But in the end do whatever that'll make you happy. Plus I wouldn't discount japanese cars so much in favor of german cars. Remember in Europe MB isn't all luxury they got MB with manual windows and such, that's no luxury.
Old 08-06-2007 | 06:59 PM

2004.0 C230 Sedan
Anyone can recommend any other SoCal dealers?
Did you try "Joy Zhao of Pensky Motors Mercedes in West Covina, in LA!" as KC2007 said? KC said he got $6K off the MSRP from her.

Also, at this point, if you really want a C230, you might want to pull the trigger quickly to make sure you get the colors and options you want! MB already stopped production of the 07's a few months ago. The 08 goes on sale tomorrow, so maybe that will help you get the price you want.
Old 08-06-2007 | 08:57 PM

Bla bla
Get 08 it's sweet pay $40K plus with taxes, get 07 just as sweet pay in the low 30s. You decide. Either way you get an amazing car, 08 is not any faster in my view feels the same. Call Joy
Old 08-07-2007 | 12:08 AM

Bla bla
You should call Joy Zhao at West Covina Penske Motor Mercedes. I got my car there, listed for almost $40K for about $33K. Of course this was a loaded model. Figure out a price you think is fair, go see her. THey don't drag their feet, they finalized my deal in 5 min. Other dealers drag their feet play games.
Old 08-07-2007 | 03:22 PM

You should call Joy Zhao at West Covina Penske Motor Mercedes. I got my car there, listed for almost $40K for about $33K. Of course this was a loaded model. Figure out a price you think is fair, go see her. THey don't drag their feet, they finalized my deal in 5 min. Other dealers drag their feet play games.
I got a quote from another Internet manager from Penske who quoted me a price of $30,200 for a C230 with MSRP of $35,065. It's already $800 above carsdirect.com price. I'm shooting for at least $29,000 for this car. Also the money factor she quoted was 0.00415 (residual of 68% for 27 month/12K). That's freakin almost 10% interest rate. Are they crazy or what? I think they might be padding it a bit. From previous experience I know MB initially quotes you a high MF and then when they run the credit score they come down on it. I emailed back to see if they could work on the mf since I have a credit score of 750+. Let's see what happens.
Old 08-07-2007 | 05:24 PM

KC,

Check your private message inbox. I just sent you a message. Thanks.