C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

its a green light a-hole

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 12:11 PM
MRK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 C230SS
its a green light a-hole

had an accident..that I firmly believe could have been major had it not been for the amazing ability of the c230 to perform. on a 5 lane highway..2 in each direction and a turning lane. I am approaching an intersection with a green light in the far RIGHT lane...headed East....there is a car in the center turn lane headed east...and an A-hole making an unprotected left turn across 2 lanes from the West bound center lane. I peered right to make sure there was no one standing @ the south bound red light and chose that as my 'escape'. I literally floored it to avoid being hit head on, then braked...and was able to steer. A-hole clips my driver's side rear...I think I could have made it if I had a clear shoulder..I ended up just on a set of railroad tracks with my right front tire.

damage is minor (appears) I know I need:
1) new left rear rim
2) alignment
3) possible rear bumper cover
4) possible the 'stuff' under the rear bumper since dude hit me going at least 30-35 mph

I feel very lucky to have been behind the wheel of an able and agile vehicle!

camera phone pics do little justice to the gouge in addition to the paint(which can be buffed out)

lol...the idiocy of some people is beyond comprehension...image this a-hole badgering me for my insurance info screaming he has to now get his mini-van repainted.....all of this stopped and the contrition started as soon as I composed myself enough to be calm and get out of the car...all 6'4" 215lbs of me....at which point he calmed the f*cked down and realized he was at fault when I said the only words I said directly to him the entire time..."you realize that is a green light and not a protected green arrow...that is called failure to yield a-hole."

got the info swap via the police and made the insurance claim....

Last edited by MRK; 08-25-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'04 Mars Red C230K Sport Coupe (not Coup-EH)
Originally Posted by MRK
"that is called failure to yield a-hole."

That's a movie line right there if there ever was one I'm glad you're okay, and I hope the damage isn't too severe. Ironically, I had almost the same accident yesterday. If people weren't in such a damn hurry...
Old 08-25-2007, 12:39 PM

2005 A4 1.8TQ
Damn dude, that sucks. Like you said, good thing the car had the ability to do what you wanted it to otherwise that could've ended up much worse. Definately post pics when you can.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by MRK
had an accident..that I firmly believe could have been major had it not been for the amazing ability of the c230 to perform. on a 5 lane highway..2 in each direction and a turning lane. I am approaching an intersection with a green light in the far RIGHT lane...headed East....there is a car in the center turn lane headed east...and an A-hole making an unprotected left turn across 2 lanes from the West bound center lane. I peered right to make sure there was no one standing @ the south bound red light and chose that as my 'escape'. I literally floored it to avoid being hit head on, then braked...and was able to steer. A-hole clips my driver's side rear...I think I could have made it if I had a clear shoulder..I ended up just on a set of railroad tracks with my right front tire.

damage is minor (appears) I know I need:
1) new left rear rim
2) alignment
3) possible rear bumper cover
4) possible the 'stuff' under the rear bumper since dude hit me going at least 30-35 mph

I feel very lucky to have been behind the wheel of an able and agile vehicle!

camera phone pics do little justice to the gouge in addition to the paint(which can be buffed out)

lol...the idiocy of some people is beyond comprehension...image this a-hole badgering me for my insurance info screaming he has to now get his mini-van repainted.....all of this stopped and the contrition started as soon as I composed myself enough to be calm and get out of the car...all 6'4" 215lbs of me....at which point he calmed the f*cked down and realized he was at fault when I said the only words I said directly to him the entire time..."you realize that is a green light and not a protected green arrow...that is called failure to yield a-hole."

got the info swap via the police and made the insurance claim....
pics don't work. check the url's.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:15 PM
MRK

06 C230SS
Originally Posted by drexappeal
pics don't work. check the url's.
ty...all good now
Old 08-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by MRK
ty...all good now
Doesn't look too bad. Just glad you're alright and it seems that it wasn't your fault.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E90 M3
yeah there are crazy drivers all over the place, i was driving on a 3 lane freeway in the far left lane as some a-hole in an explorer cuts 2 lanes, ending up right in front of me. as im following him at a safe distance doing 40mph, we approach a green light...so what are you supposed to do at a green light? you're supposed to drive through them...he makes no indication that he was going to do otherwise...until we're almost at the intersection. he slams on the brakes and makes an illegal u-turn...at which point i had to slam on the brakes...leaving a good sized skid mark and a decent amount of tire squeal!
Old 08-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 M-B C240
Dang that must suck.... only looks like your rim really got scuffed...btw wat was the other vehicle that did that to you?