C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Well, its over, the engine blew up!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 VW GTI
i for one think that timmy has no reason to lie about this.

i simply think that since he has a digital camera, a picture of the repair bill and police report (or any other documentation he has) would end the drama once and for all.

the veracity of some of your responses is simply incredible.
Old 10-25-2002, 02:24 PM
JeT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh this thread is hilarious!

Easily found out though...someone just call into the dealer and see if there is a blown engine been replaced...they can't have been asked to do that very often, if at all!
Old 10-25-2002, 02:39 PM

clk430
Originally posted by session
i for one think that timmy has no reason to lie about this.

i simply think that since he has a digital camera, a picture of the repair bill and police report (or any other documentation he has) would end the drama once and for all.

the veracity of some of your responses is simply incredible.
he'll probably fake the photos too. or he'll say something like, i was about to take the pictures when a burgular broke into my house, tied me up, and stole my camera. he then continued to go thru my stuff and decided he wanted to take my police report and repair bill. i managed to get myself free but found out he cut the telephone lines. think little timmy, think.... ahhhh, i'll go run out and use teleaid just like when i got carjacked before and call for help. oh, but wait, my car blew up and is at the dealer!
Old 10-25-2002, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
Re: An award for Timmy!

Originally posted by DrMike
Timmy really deserves an award. He has initiated some of the lenthiest and most opinionated discussions on the forum. He shoud be considered for a special commendation--after all, he certainly does get people (including me) involved.
At least i'm good for something right!?

I spoke with the MB rep today, he said that since it was not a flaw of Mercedes Benz, but rather that of the dealer I would have to take it up with the dealer He also said that mercedes has plenty of 2.3 liter engines availible. He said the dealer just doesnt want to have to pay for new engine. On a side note don't get service done at Beck Imports.

I will take pictures of the repair bill tonight and post them. I will even give you the number of the repair shop for you duobters to call! I dont have any pictures of the car when it was wrecked, yes I DID have a digital camara then but since the body shop was more than an hour away I didnt feel like driving and hour just to get a few pictures. The police report on the car jacking is on file with the charlotte meck police dept. Since it has been more than 3 months I will have to pay $35 to get a copy of it. theres no way in Hell i'm gonna pay $35 just to satisfy you people. If you don't believe me, then you don't believe me.

As far as, the blown engine I'm not sure what paperwork I will get. But I will be more than happy to take a picture of it as well, whatever it is that I get. I'm really hoping for them to buy my car back so I can get out of it. I'm ready to get rid of it anyway. S4 maybe....

GirlMB: do you have a Mercedes? I havent seen you around any. Please post pics of your mercedes, unless your digital camera gets stolen!
Old 10-25-2002, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
Originally posted by girlmb
he'll probably fake the photos too. or he'll say something like, i was about to take the pictures when a burgular broke into my house, tied me up, and stole my camera. he then continued to go thru my stuff and decided he wanted to take my police report and repair bill. i managed to get myself free but found out he cut the telephone lines. think little timmy, think.... ahhhh, i'll go run out and use teleaid just like when i got carjacked before and call for help. oh, but wait, my car blew up and is at the dealer!
considering you only have 6 posts over 2 months, yet continually slander timmy, i can only assume this is an alias of some regular here.

lame.
Old 10-25-2002, 04:28 PM

2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
Ppl. really gotta give that boy (Timmy) a break. The board is a place where we come to talk about our cars and related stuff and its the internet; people are not always going to give all the personal info (I wouldnt). Timmy, you dont have to scan anything to post here to prove it to anyone...you posted a thread...if people are interested in it they will view it...if they feel like they need to respond they will...there'll always be ppl. that will be @$$....dont take it personally.
And I'm sorry about your engine blowing up (happened to my 82 Corolla while trying to race a Grand Cherokee ) and my parents were reluctant to get me another car but I persuaded (hence the Chevy but whatever).
Bottom line if your parents can afford it (or if you can but I doubt) get an S4....the previous model (99-01) 2.7L bi-turbo AWD. Susp ($1000) upgrade, and chip/exhaust ($1300) will get you into 13sec 1/4 mile.
Old 10-25-2002, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
yeah there is an Imola Yellow S4 with 21000K miles and auto in charlotte I might look at. Its already APR chipped with downpipes, and a upgraded suspension.
Old 10-25-2002, 04:57 PM

2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
Originally posted by TimmyC230boy
yeah there is an Imola Yellow S4 with 21000K miles and auto in charlotte I might look at. Its already APR chipped with downpipes, and a upgraded suspension.
Imola yellow is nice. Susp. is the weakest (too soft) on S4. Be sure to check out www.audiworld.com I spent countless hours there and $$$$ on mods on my A4 (thats why I switched to the Coupe...too many mods for the Audi B5 platform). Let us know how things go....and if u do get one and go to audiworld please tell the guys Tberry said hi :p
Old 10-25-2002, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CLK430
all of this discussion in this forum makes me sad....come on guys....i know at least with the blown engine that he is not lying, but even if he was, does it change your life or your day in any way? then why waste your time bashing him, its not worth it in my opinion. The problem i see is that even if he proves himself to you on all accounts, yall will question everything he says here. its just really not worth it, but because i do feel this is all so stupid, i want to clear up the whole engine thing. Please call Beck Imports : you can call the 800 number for the sevice department, (800) 204-1640. Not sure how much information they will give to a complete stranger, but if your persuasive, im sure they will tell you what you want to know. I mean i understand the annoyance of someone fabricating stories, but some of yall are just getting way too upset about all of this...if you dont believe him, why bother responding to the thread? maybe drop in a small comment questioning him about what makes you not believe whatever it may be, but badgering him just seems a bit immature.....im not here to cause a problem, im not here to make enemies, i dont have a problem with anyone here, i just thought that since i saw the thread and knew the answer, i would pipe in, and in the process, i felt the need to throw out my $.02. Im back to the CLK forum though, yall take it easy...

Regards,
Eric
Old 10-25-2002, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
doesn't the B5 S4 come in a stick. i thought it did, though i may be wrong. if so, id hold out for a stick. the S4 is an awesome car though. especially yellow.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:28 PM

2002 C320
I would take picture and post along with the post at first place... since he can be at the dealer and saw the blew up car and said it was his.. anyway
Old 10-25-2002, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

im not sure about that. ive totaled a car of mine once. it made me sick to my stomach, still does to this day nearly 5 years later. i dont think i would even look at the pics if someone else took them for me. there are some people that think that way. im not taking sides, im just stating my thoughts. every car ive ever had ive taken very good care of them, and they somehow get a special place in my heart. some more than others. thats just me though. also some people have a little more exciting lives than others, we are all individuals. either way, its fun to read. im sorry to hear about the eingine timmy, and i hope that will fix it, if thats what you want. if not then have them buy it back and get the yellow S4, then you wont have to put up with the abuse from this site!
Old 10-25-2002, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
Originally posted by CitronC230K_03
then you wont have to put up with the abuse from this site!
But thats the thing. I really like this site. there is so muc hknowledge here that I wouldn't want to leave even if I didnt get a S4. Its that we have some a-holes here that ruin it for everybody. But I certainly am not going to let something that someone I don't even know ruin my day. but apparently I ruined theres cause they are/were in such a hissy-fit, that they couldnt stand it.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Audi S4
S4 w/ an AT!!!??! What a tragedy...
Old 10-25-2002, 09:01 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Re: Re: An award for Timmy!

I spoke with the MB rep today, he said that since it was not a flaw of Mercedes Benz, but rather that of the dealer I would have to take it up with the dealer
NOOOOOO! Call the MB rep back, remind him that when you drive up to the dealer you see a great big three-pointed star on the sign. MBUSA can take it up with the dealer privately without you in the middle (which is the only appropriate way), but his #1 priority as a representative of MB is to make you whole under your warranty.

If that doesn't work, tell him you're going to call the local TV station to see if their investigative reporter can get you a better answer.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
my dad will get home tomorrow from a trip and we, along with our attorney, will be heading back over to dealer.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Re: An award for Timmy!

Originally posted by MB-BOB
NOOOOOO! Call the MB rep back, remind him that when you drive up to the dealer you see a great big three-pointed star on the sign. MBUSA can take it up with the dealer privately without you in the middle (which is the only appropriate way), but his #1 priority as a representative of MB is to make you whole under your warranty.

If that doesn't work, tell him you're going to call the local TV station to see if their investigative reporter can get you a better answer.
thats a great point MB-BOB. if you were in San Diego, Micheal Turko would tear them a new @$$, make them fix your car and make a public apology.

Timmy, screw the people here that make a hissy fit over little things. the site does have a vast amount of info, so i can see why it would be hard to leave. i do think MB-BOB has a great point. i would make a little threat if they dont do things the way the should. they dont want to pay for new engine, well if they didnt hire some idiot then they wouldnt have to. that is in no way your fault. if it were me, id see what i could do to get the 2.3L back in there. for you though, my advice is to try and get a 2.3L back in but if you find an S4 with a 6 speed, take it. you should hold out for a manual trans dude!
Old 10-25-2002, 10:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
my dad will get home tomorrow from a trip and we, along with our attorney, will be heading back over to dealer.
The thing's just about to get serious !
Old 10-25-2002, 10:08 PM

Thumbs up

This is better than a soap opera! Keep the entertainment going....

Old 10-25-2002, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
say what?

Originally posted by Lockbuster
This is better than a soap opera!
I think EVERYTHING is better than a soap opera. Including root canals and pestilence
Old 10-25-2002, 10:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Re: say what?

Originally posted by Mike T.
....................... Including root canals and pestilence
LMAO!!! You gotta be a dentist!!!

also: Sad but Trueİ
Old 10-25-2002, 10:45 PM
Bos

2002 C230K
There are a couple of M Roadsters in the Louisville area if you're interested. They don't come with AT though.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
i like the M coupe oddly enough. But I need more space if I get another car.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i like the M coupe oddly enough. But I need more space if I get another car.
No back seat in the M coupe, Tim?
Old 10-25-2002, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
is there a back seat in the M coupe?

I'm hauling around so much band equipment nots is not even funny.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well, its over, the engine blew up!