C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Well, its over, the engine blew up!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
Well, its over, the engine blew up!

Yea thats right the engine in my C230 Coupe blew up. It wasnt my fault or mercedes for that matter. I had service B done earlier this week. Everything felt fine. Well come to find out one of the "new" techs dropped a few ball bearing into the oil while changing it. It was ok for a few days, till the oil sump pump picked up a few of them and started feeding them through the oil lines. Still it was ok, right up until it clogged the oil lines, cut off the oil to the first 2 cylinders and siezed them. I was driving at about 85 when the car hesitated bad a few times, the high temp warning came on and the engine went BOOM. 11:30 at night, I was suprised the Benz roadside car came in 20 minutes and a tow truck in 30. Needless to say it was a bad night.
My service manger said they will replace the engine, I owe nothing. BUT they cant find anymore 2.3 liters engines. I said thats not my problem. Either put in a new engine or buy my car back, and give me a 2003 C230 Loaded for the same price of my current 2002 I have. Its crazy.
I cant get a loaner because of my age, the rep is coming buy tomorrow, I'll talk with him and see whats up.
Doesn't this suck!

Will post more as I get info.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:10 PM
QC1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Coupe
Man I really feel bad for you, I hope they do give you a new car. Its there fault and they should pay. Let us know how it goes.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ball bearings in the oil, that mechanic must really hate you! Why don't you get the loaner for your parents and then drive their car? That's what I did when my daughter got into an accident. They should have plenty of 2.3L engines, tell them to pull one from a brand new 2003 SLK230. Also in lieu of giving you a loaner, ask for loss of use money so you can pay for taxi cabs or ask them who to send taxi cab receipts to.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:14 PM

2017 GLA 250 4Matic
The new tech guy is in ****! Replacing the new car will cost more than his salary. I think he'll get fired!

Timmy, would you accept a used 2.3L engine?
Old 10-24-2002, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
Originally posted by Buellwinkle
Ball bearings in the oil, that mechanic must really hate you!
Buell: Thats what I can't figure out, Why the Hell would he have ball bearings near the oil? I can drive one of the other cars here, the ML. I think it goes along the same lines as that tech who dogged that mustang. That just shouldnt happen, and even if it did just tell somebody. I mean if I would have been merging in traffic the oil it spilled could have cause a wreck which I would have been responsible for.

SHEESH: NO IT WILL BE A NEW ENIGINE, OR A NEW CAR!
Old 10-24-2002, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
Aren't they required by law to have parts available for cars for so many years. The car is in its second year and they can't get you a motor? I don't get it! The car should get a new motor that is the same as the factory, that is what the warranty is for. Unless they do not want to pay for a 2.3!
Old 10-24-2002, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Timmy, you didn't really want that car anyway, now's your chance to negioate a buy out and get your dream Audi S4.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:33 PM

2002 C230K
dude, that sucks, i'm sorry. but at least you're ok. wait, how old r u? i was just wondering bc when my car went in for service, and they gave me a loaner, and i was 18 at the time.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
Did you see the ball bearings? They must be pretty small to make it past the screen. There is a screen on the sump, isn't there?

Is that fish I smell?

Last edited by avlis; 10-24-2002 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by avlis
Did you see the ball bearings? They must be pretty small to make it past the screen. There is a screen on the sump, isn't there?

May have been bird shot, that's fairly small but it in theory it should have been caught by the filter also.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
should have been, unless the tech messed up the screen too. and judging by his lack of skill I wouldnt put that past him either. if they buy it out I've been talking with parents about a C320, maybe a used C32 or a S4. I like the S4 they like the C320. But it really makes me mad that something like this happens. I'm just glad I was ok, and not merging into traffic. They will hopefully just put a new motor in it. should be too hard to do. A day or two at the most.

Buell: after this I expect free hand washes, and gourmet cookies. lol

DS: I'm 19, 20 next week. They said you have to be 21 for a loaner
Old 10-24-2002, 03:13 PM
Banned

'01 C240/6
First the dramatic "car-jacking," now "ball-bearings" in your engine???

No replacement engines available??

Why don't you scan the work order that shows the "ball bearing" diagnosis. Scan your "car-jacking" police report at the same time.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
Originally posted by SoCal240/6
First the dramatic "car-jacking," now "ball-bearings" in your engine???

No replacement engines available??

Why don't you scan the work order that shows the "ball bearing" diagnosis. Scan your "car-jacking" police report at the same time.
SCAN THIS F*CK OFF!!

of course I can't say i didnt expect it from you, I actually had a bet going as to how long it would take you to post something like this. I WIN!
Old 10-24-2002, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
unless the tech messed up the screen too
The screen is attached to the bottom of the sump. It does a good job of filtering out large particles like ball bearings and such. It's only access is by removing the oil pan so unless your tech was VERY ambitious...

Old 10-24-2002, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
Avlis: I totally agree with you. I dont know how they got sucked into it. I dont know if they really did something else and this is their story or what, but I know the engine is toast. I', thinking it could have been bad oil, but I don't know enough about stuff like that to be sure. I just want my car fixed. When I get more info I will post it. Till then...

Sorry about that earlier comment to SoCal, I was i little pissed. Could you tell?
Old 10-24-2002, 04:04 PM

2002 C320
wow I am just glad that ur ok
Old 10-24-2002, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
Originally posted by two.face
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, until today there were 2 New C230 coupes in my town(that I know of). Now theres only 1. Mine. This chick in the other C230 saw me and winked, when i tried to catch up to her she tried to play "cath-me-if-you-can" I didnt buy into it. The speed limit was 45 so i was doing about 50MPH and she had to have been doing at least 60, she tried to cut in between a Accord and an Excursion and the front of the Excursion(passenger side) and the back drivers side of the c230 hit. The Ford didnt move at all, the c230 got sideways and went down a embankment and turned over. I immediatly stoped and called Tele-aid (only took them 4 seconds to answer) and told them about the wreck and they said they would have GEMS, and Police, and fire en route. Cops showed up 4 minutes latter and she was ok. The car did just like it should have done. All the airbags deployed, and seatbelts worked too. The outside of the car was very bad, but inside wasnt bad at all. She had some scrapes and cuts from the glass, but she climbed out of the car and was ok. Sorry guys i didnt have the heart to start snapping pics of it. But I did get her number
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Ok It wasnt my fault. I was sitting still at a red light when a oil tanker hit me from behind doing 45. except for a stressed ligament and some pulled muscles i'm ok. The car held up great but its trashed. as a result of getting hit i was pushed into the car in front of me messing up the front pretty bad. So the question is what should my next car be? I have roughly 40K to deal with

quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim, aren't you 16... how do you have a gun?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
nope 19. Thats why the car is in my fathers name. "Officer I just happened to be driving dads car today?"

In NC you have to be 21 to BUY a pistol or a "long gun" ie. rifle or shotgun
You have to be 18 to carry Long gun.
suposed to be 21 to carry pistol.

But like adam said. "I WOULD RATHER BE TRIED BY 12, THAN CARRIED BY 6" My dad was involved in a armed robbery, since then i have been to 2 close quarters self defense classes and my moto is dont even show a firearm unless you ARE going to use it.
My other motto's are
1 Dead people don't testify or fight back
2 shoot first ask questions later!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all of a sudden your 18 again!!!

LOL
Good One!
um no moron. You have to be 18 to carry a long gun. 21 to carry pistol. I'm 19 , 20 next week. I was stating the age requirements. Can't you read?
Old 10-24-2002, 04:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
sorry to hear that timmyc230boy, I hope you end up satisfied with their fix, what ever that fix is.
Old 10-24-2002, 04:33 PM
JeT

Originally posted by two.face
I guess I can't. I would still like to see a copy of that police report, its been awhile, I'm sure you got a copy of it by now!

TF
Let it go **** head!
Old 10-24-2002, 04:42 PM
Banned

'01 C240/6
No need to get mad at me.

You totally made up the "car-jacking" and you are at it again.

You're the one doing it. I'm just pointing out the obvious (although its absolutely AMAZING how gullible so many people are - esp. with these "stories" from a known fibber. You guys will believe anything).

Like most teens, you are attention starved - but you really take it to an extreme. You might want to get some help for your "issues."

C'mon people, lets get real.

Last edited by SoCal240/6; 10-24-2002 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-24-2002, 04:46 PM
JeT

Originally posted by SoCal240/6
No need to get mad at me.

You totally made up the "car-jacking" and you are at it again.

You're the one doing it. I'm just pointing out the obvious (although its absolutely AMAZING how gullible so many people are - esp. with these "stories" from a known fibber. You guys will believe anything).

Like most teens, you are attention starved - but you really take it to an extreme. You might want to get some help for your "issues."

C'mon people, lets get real.
ibid.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:32 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 C320, 2001 Honda Civic, 1999 Lexus ES300.
Jet

Go play with a Crockadile.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:43 PM
Doc

C320
Please post a picture of your car wreak

Please post your police report of your carjacking
Old 10-24-2002, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
although its absolutely AMAZING how gullible so many people are - esp. with these "stories" from a known fibber. You guys will believe anything

Cut them some slack. There are a lot of new members here that missed the whole soap opera that went on here earlier this year. And if history repeats, this thread will be locked.

Just think, this forum would be so boring without a good Timmy story every few months.
Old 10-24-2002, 06:43 PM
jay

2002 C230K Sports Coupe
Originally posted by avlis

Cut them some slack. There are a lot of new members here that missed the whole soap opera that went on here earlier this year. And if history repeats, this thread will be locked.

Just think, this forum would be so boring without a good Timmy story every few months.
I don't know/care if this story is true or not. All I know is I've sent this tread to everyone I know for , eh-hem, a great laugh....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well, its over, the engine blew up!